Author Topic: Another Weird for the Weird folk  (Read 366574 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Another Weird for the Weird folk
« Reply #1215 on: November 26, 2019, 08:01:59 PM »
I don't have kids (a choice and hubby and I did many years ago) and the only times I regret that are in dates for making gifts for kids (Christmas, Children's Day, Three wise men Day). I love to have excuses to go to toy stores and see all the amazing things there.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: November 27, 2019, 02:00:58 AM »
We took our demon-spawn to see Frozen. It went well for the most part. I enjoyed Kristoff's song best.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: November 27, 2019, 04:08:52 AM »
I am glad it went well. I will have patience with that movie.
Did you read the dialogue with Regenbogen about Pokemon?
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: November 27, 2019, 04:31:31 PM »
We took our demon-spawn to see Frozen. It went well for the most part. I enjoyed Kristoff's song best.
Hi, how old are yours? My 5year old was pretty scared sometimes.

Didn't make it to the store today. Too many other things holding me up. So I'll have to go tomorrow. Need advent calendars. Sunday's the first of December!
Every year the same. I'm always late with preparations.
Last week another mother from Kindergarten asked me, what kind of decoration I have for Christmas. I have a little star at the front door. And inside I have decorated the kitchen with dirty dishes and the shelves and cupboards with dust. ;D Told her that maybe I'm going to paint little stars in the dust. She looked at me, as if I was weird. Don't understand why...  ;)

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: November 28, 2019, 11:06:09 AM »
LOL, that is fun!
Traditionally here the Christmas tree is prepared on December 8th (wich is a religious holiday) and same for many Christmas decoration. Of course stores begin their Christmas season weeks before but traditionally people at home does it by Dec. 8. We will see if we can do it in time this year or not.
Well, I have to go now. See you later all, have a good maen and Happy Thanksgiving for those celebrating it!!! :) :)
Missing you, Md 

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: December 01, 2019, 01:11:29 AM »
I am glad it went well. I will have patience with that movie.
Did you read the dialogue with Regenbogen about Pokemon?
Yep, I read it. I have hatched so many 7km eggs that I don't go for them much. My main goal is acquiring 10km eggs. Need to get that Deino. Can't seem to find it in the wild. Finally got my first Nincada. Of the Gen 5 (Unova), I have 39 to 40 different types. Found a group that does Tier 5 raids on Wednesday and have been working the legendaries. Hope things are going well with everyone.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: December 01, 2019, 05:23:55 AM »
I have very few pokemon, specially of gen5 (Teselia, maybe?). I do have a nincada (two actually) and I wish I had someone to make big raids too but alas not such luck.

All is well here, how was your Thanksgiving?
Missing you, Md 

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: December 02, 2019, 02:45:59 PM »
Turkey Day did not go well. My wife lost her bag with her wallet, house keys, and $200 while looking at Christmas lights. When we went back to find it; it was gone. She has been an emotional wreck ever since. I tried to comfort her but that doesn't seem to be helping any. Me, I have been sleeping less do to paranoia that someone might get into the house. I have to stay at home for the next 2 days waiting for our new locks to come by mail. The loss of the money has made finances tight until payday on Friday. So, I would say that most everybody had a better Thanksgiving than us.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: December 02, 2019, 06:48:14 PM »
I am very sorry about that and I hope that new locks arrive soon, so you can sleep better. The more probable scenario is that someone got happy with the money and the bag itself and discarded the keys. I mean, the person who found it is probably a dishonest who took the chance to get money but they won't be actively entering a house. That would be a more serious crime and they won't risk that. Of course, I understand being anxious about that anyway, and new locks will put your mind at ease.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: December 02, 2019, 08:07:50 PM »
@wardenferry
This is awful. I wish you luck and new locks as soon as possible. So you and your wife can sleep without fear again.

@Dina: I have decoration now. Not much but there is a saying here translated literally "less is more". Usually we start at Dec 1 with the decoration.
And the shop didn't have the Tangled TV show. But it's OK. There are birthdays coming, too. Or maybe the easter bunny will hide it somewhere behind a tree.  ;)

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: December 02, 2019, 09:47:47 PM »
Thanks for your words. Heck of a way to start the holidays.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: December 02, 2019, 11:55:28 PM »
LOL Regen! Well I have no decoration yet, I will see if I do it at December 8th, as it's the tradition here. But for now, I will see if I buy a new Christmas tree this week, so it's ready to be decorated on Sunday. I am not sure I will have time, but I hope so.
Meanwhile, I am very happy because it was announced that there will be a new Doctor Who episode on January 1st.

WF, yes, it's a bummer, but try to be optimistic, hopefully there are good things waiting for you on this holidays.

Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: December 03, 2019, 12:29:20 AM »
Maen all. @WF: Dina's logic seems sound. Don't worry too much. Did the locks arrive already? if not, latches are your best friend :)
@Regen: Hi! :D
@Dina: Hey there. The kitten is a little better, can move its legs now but still can't support any weight on them, so it's still crawling.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: December 03, 2019, 12:41:11 AM »
Hi there! Well, I am glad to hear the kitten is better, Fcrate. Does she hurt? I mean, when someone touches her legs.

Missing you, Md 

Offline Doroga's Cousin

• Needs A Life
  • Not sure if Correct
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: December 03, 2019, 06:50:10 AM »
Hi guys, how's it going? I've just finished reading Blood Rites and White Night again, and it just makes me want more of the Black Court and Elaine.
Is it just me or is it getting a little solipsistic in here?