Author Topic: Another Weird for the Weird folk  (Read 366885 times)

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Another Weird for the Weird folk
« Reply #1200 on: November 20, 2019, 11:46:48 PM »
Still a chance for Zapdos. It is one possible part of weekly research reward. I think Giovanni might have a shadow version sometime after Articuno. Maybe someday they will allow more flexible and distant trade; I would happily trade a M2 with you for a Heracross. I am, also, Zangoose-less.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: November 21, 2019, 12:18:41 AM »
Yes, I've got my zangoose in the UK, IIRC. And I have many heracross, so I would love to trade with you.
And I've got Moltres a couple of weeks ago, so yes, hoping for Zapdos too.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: November 23, 2019, 12:35:33 AM »
Actually I was wrong. I've got Zangoose here. It was another Pokémon the one I found in England.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: November 23, 2019, 04:53:28 PM »
I'm not a player, so I don't know a lot about Pokémon. I have watched two movies with my 13 years younger cousin when he was about 8-9 years old. And he had collected cards for gaming with his friends. It was all very new then, there was quite the hype around pokemon at that time, especially among boys of his age. He rarely talked about anything else.
Later I just heard funny stories about people with cell phones hunting for Pokémon falling into an open gully or running into walls or hurting themselves while climbing over walls and so on.

Do I understand that correctly, that there seem to be different Pokémon to collect in different countries? Or are they just special ones? One can trade with other players or send Pokémon to another player?  And what do you do with them? The more Pokémon you have the higher your level? You can let them fight against another player one's?
A bit like the old card game maybe, except you actually have to go to places and find them?

Sorry for asking. I'm just interested in how it works. Don't want to play myself, though.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: November 23, 2019, 08:39:40 PM »
"Your questions don't bother" (that is a rough translation of a sign that can be seen in many stores here)

Most Pokemon can be found everywhere, but there are some of them which are "regional", meaning that they only appear in specific areas of the world. That said, some pokémon that according to internet are regional have appeared here (I have them), which I guess happened in specific events. Same is true for some pokémon ("legendary") wich are very difficult to see.

Players can trade other pokemon with other players that they have previously befriended (which is a thing, you befriended someone and can send them a gift each day. The more gifts you exchanged with your friends, a better friendship you have and that gives you and them some special bonus.). You can also fight your friends' pokemon and get some awards for that. But the problem is that you can only trade with your friends when you are physically close to them. That means, I can do a combat with Wardenferry, who is in USA while I am in Argentina, but I can't trade with him.

So, my only way to get the particular Pokemon I was discussing was traveling to Australia or befriend somebody who has been in Australia and has several said Pokemon to exchange with me. Not very probable.

Your level is raised by winning points, and you do that many ways: catching wild pokemon, hatching a pokemon egg (what you do by activating the hatching and walking. Some eggs need you to walk 2km, other 5, 7, or 10. The eggs that need more walking to hatch have a better chance of giving you a better pokémon), winning combats with your friends, winning combats in pokemon gyms (where you fight the pokemon that players you don't know have left there) and doing raids, which are things you can do alone or with other players (not necessarily your friends) against a single pokemon who is normally quite powerful.

Now, the gifts you send to your friends are random (I mean, not the sender not the receiver knows what is inside until the gift is open) and they include points, potions to heal your injured pokemon, and, eventually, an egg. I THINK there is a chance that if I befriend someone in Australia and they send me an egg it can hatch an Australian pokemon. But I am not sure and I don't have any Australian friends, though.

If you need more details, I am ready for answers (I left a few details out)
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: November 23, 2019, 10:39:09 PM »
Ah, now I see.
So, if you had a player-friend in Australia, he could send you an egg but not a full grown Pokémon? And that could become an Australia specific one, but it would be more likely it turned out to be an everywhere Pokémon?

If that hypothetical friend would travel to Argentina (or how close does he have to be?) or both of you would for example travel to China, could you send each other Pokémon?

By the way. They are showing "The Thing" on TV. Haven't seen that in a while. The spider-head was the only thing I remembered.

And I could ask my cousin, if he plays. I can imagine he does. Currently he is back in Germany to study, but he travels a lot. I know, he has been to Indonesia and China. Maybe even in Australia.
Wouldn't it be funny, if he was a player and managed to collect the Australian ones, and could be convinced to befriend you and that Argentina would be best for his next travel season? ;)
If it could be done that way and several other big if's.  ;D

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: November 23, 2019, 10:48:12 PM »
Maen all! Busy week, but tonight had a BBQ so all is well. Ate a little too much maybe, but who's counting :D
Regen: That chain of events is worthy of a Tom & Jerry mouse trap. :P
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: November 23, 2019, 11:28:55 PM »
Fcrate! ;D
I had a lot of rice pudding with sugar, cinnamon and apple puree for dinner.

This afternoon I joined my daughter's children's choir rehearsal. They wanted me to play the big tenor flute. I did that once, so now they ask every year. And I can't say no. I don't want to lie.

A lot of Christmas related activities the last two months of the year.
Tomorrow we are going to the cinema. Frozen 2. The girls are very excited. It is in the cinemas since Wednesday.

And now they are showing "Pitch Black" on TV. I should really go to sleep, but my stomach is still too full, I can not imagine to lie down.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 11:40:10 PM by Regenbogen »

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: November 23, 2019, 11:48:56 PM »
Ah, now I see.
So, if you had a player-friend in Australia, he could send you an egg but not a full grown Pokémon? And that could become an Australia specific one, but it would be more likely it turned out to be an everywhere Pokémon?
Yes, and I am not sure if there is even possible for me to have a regional pokemon from an egg. I believe someone told me so once, but I am not sure.

If that hypothetical friend would travel to Argentina (or how close does he have to be?) or both of you would for example travel to China, could you send each other Pokémon?
They need to be really close but yes, if we found ourselves in a restaurant of China, for instance, we could trade pokemon.

By the way. They are showing "The Thing" on TV. Haven't seen that in a while. The spider-head was the only thing I remembered.

I don't normally watch horror movies, they...well, they scare me and I don't enjoy them.

And I could ask my cousin, if he plays. I can imagine he does. Currently he is back in Germany to study, but he travels a lot. I know, he has been to Indonesia and China. Maybe even in Australia.
Wouldn't it be funny, if he was a player and managed to collect the Australian ones, and could be convinced to befriend you and that Argentina would be best for his next travel season? ;)
If it could be done that way and several other big if's.  ;D

That would be super fun! Also, many Germans come here to visit, so that part wouldn't be out of the realm of probabilities.

Frozen 2. The girls are very excited. It is in the cinemas since Wednesday.

Can't you believe they won't release it here until January?  :)

Hi Fcrate! How are you?
I am not too happy because my football team lost the Libertadores World Cup with Flamengo. It was not just that, we were winning since minute 15 I believe, and they did 2 goals at 88 and 92 or 93 minutes. It was awful. But I am still satisfied with our game.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: November 24, 2019, 07:04:14 PM »
So, we are back from the cinema. Frozen 2 was nice. Sometimes I thought, Oh no, not singing again, but the songs were really good.
In the German version Elsa's songs are sung by Willemijn Verkaik. I actually liked the songs better in German than in English, because she has a really good voice. There is more feeling in it in my opinion.
Yes, OK, I like Frozen. I admit it.
I almost cried in the first movie (it was the way she sang) and I did cry in the cinema today. There was a song, Anna was singing that got me.

For those who have to go see it (or maybe even want to  ;) ):
Stay until after the end credits. There is a little extra.

@ Dina: As for Horror Movies
I don't actually like them in general. I just had to see a lot of them, because some of my friends are fans. What I don't like are those, where everyone just gets killed in a disgusting and bloody way with almost no real storytelling.
What I like, but don't watch very often (because it really scares me) are movies, that are subtle, play with primal fear. Fear of darkness, being followed and so on.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: November 24, 2019, 07:19:12 PM »
Those are the worse for me  :)

I really liked Frozen (the first one). I don't know if I will be able to watch Frozen II on theater, as they often offer animated movies only dubbed in Spanish. I like to see the original versions, with subtitles, so sometimes I wait until it is in on demand, or Netflix or whatever. And speaking about the songs...the Frozen ones were lovely but I actually love the Tangled one (I see the light) much better.

I also watched the first season of the Tangled tv show and I loved the opening, but Netflix is not offering it anymore and my on demand only has it dubbed, so I have not watched season 2 or 3 yet.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: November 24, 2019, 08:29:49 PM »
I liked Tangled too, but don't know the TV show.
Children's films I have to watch dubbed in German, because the children are watching them and I'm allowed to participate. The little one can't read yet and the big one can't read fast enough.

What I liked about the first Frozen:
Elsa didn't get married, she's not even in love.
Anna drools when she is sleeping.
Frozen Anna wasn't saved by
(click to show/hide)
Prince Hans was a good looking guy, who seemed nice
(click to show/hide)
When Anna told Kristof, that she was in love with Prince Hans and they plan to get married, he told her, that you don't marry someone you,ve just met. Just like Elsa told her before.

I liked that, because they used the typical clichés of older movies or stories of that kind, and did it differently.

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: November 24, 2019, 09:28:21 PM »
Hey Dina! I'm doing well, and yourself?
The newest kitten was apparently hit by some of the neighbour's kids. I suspect one girl in particular, as she's especially cruel. The kitten can't move her hind legs. I tested it and she appears to still feel them, so I'm starting to give it anti-inflammatories and vit. B. We'll see if it improved during the next week, if not then....
@Regen: I liked the first Frozen, but I don't think it's worth going all the way to the nearest cinema (2 hours away) for the new one. What you said about true love's kiss reminded me of the movie "Maleficient" where she was woken by her godmother's kiss. Much closer to reality imo.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: November 26, 2019, 05:25:34 AM »
Hello everyone

Oh, Fcrate, how sad. I would love to have a few words with that girl-I am really hoping for the best for the kitty.

And yes, I like that about Maleficent too, and about Frozen.

Regen, I have the Tangled show in Spanish in...Disney XD, I believe. I supposed is in the original language everywhere, so give it a chance if you can. It's cute and the first season was good (I can't tell about the others, obviously)
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: November 26, 2019, 07:29:09 PM »

Regen, I have the Tangled show in Spanish in...Disney XD, I believe. I supposed is in the original language everywhere, so give it a chance if you can. It's cute and the first season was good (I can't tell about the others, obviously)

Thank you, Dina. I'll give it a try. I think I've Seen it once somewhere. Tomorrow I'm going top secret Christmas shopping. There is a store with children's things and games half an our from my home. They also have DVDs.
Pokémon: Sorry, but my cousin doesn't play. But he has at least been to Australia once. It was worth a try.

@Fcrate: poor kitten. Hope she makes it. Wish you luck.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 07:46:22 PM by Regenbogen »