Author Topic: Another Weird for the Weird folk  (Read 366595 times)

Offline Gilitine_Memitim

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
Re: Another Weird for the Weird folk
« Reply #1170 on: November 06, 2019, 01:30:57 AM »
I do so love that movie.  ;D

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: November 06, 2019, 06:29:23 PM »
Time warp!!!!!! ;D
My children can do the dance, since my husband played Frank'n'Furter with his theatre group. That was fun. I helped with the costumes and the make up.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: November 09, 2019, 12:46:53 AM »
Good maen everyone! No much to say but I missed you people, so I decided to say hello.
We have called delivery tonight, empanadas. So I feel happy.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: November 09, 2019, 01:32:51 PM »
Maen Dina! Empanadas again?  You're addicted to the stuff.
Myself I had grilled chicken. I left them to marinate for 3 days and used lemon tree wood to cook them so..... Euphoria.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
  • Screw your courage to the sticking place...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: November 09, 2019, 03:15:00 PM »
@Gil and Regen: I love that movie a lot, mostly because Tim Curry is one of my all time favirote Actorss n_n <3 ! Me and my frineds go every Halloween to see it, and it's actually pretty Theraputic n_n .
Rest Well Mdodd, and Please Watch over Us...

Relinquo spes totus ye quisnam penetro hic...

Strong like bull, smart like tractor, smooth like brick - smell like goat!

Offline Gilitine_Memitim

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: November 09, 2019, 03:27:39 PM »
I've never been able to see it performed. =( But we own the movie.

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: November 09, 2019, 06:06:04 PM »
I've never been able to see it performed. =( But we own the movie.
I've seen it performed before I knew there was a movie  :o
Or more like, I didn't realize the movie was supposed to be the same as the theatre version, only as movie. It was the title: The Rocky Horror Show in theatre and The Rocky Horror Picture Show as movie.
In a theatre it is really funny: people bring rice, paper hats, water pistols (for the rain) and many come in costume.
So you can actively take part.

I've seen several theatre groups playing it. It was always very good.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: November 09, 2019, 06:37:18 PM »
Well, I have never seen it in theatre (not common here) but I've seen the movie because, as Otlan, I love Tim Curry too. He is one of the best  :)

Maen Dina! Empanadas again?  You're addicted to the stuff.
Myself I had grilled chicken. I left them to marinate for 3 days and used lemon tree wood to cook them so..... Euphoria.

The chicken sounds great. But...really? Did I say I eat a lot of empanadas? That is weird, because I only remember to have had them twice since my surgery (the other one was a celebratory occasion, Election Day  :)). We Argentinians love empanadas indeed, specially as a side dish for pizza, but I am not having them so often now. It is true I think they are delicious.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: November 09, 2019, 07:40:34 PM »
Well, I have never seen it in theatre (not common here) but I've seen the movie because, as Otlan, I love Tim Curry too. He is one of the best  :)

The chicken sounds great. But...really? Did I say I eat a lot of empanadas? That is weird, because I only remember to have had them twice since my surgery (the other one was a celebratory occasion, Election Day  :)). We Argentinians love empanadas indeed, specially as a side dish for pizza, but I am not having them so often now. It is true I think they are delicious.
Ah, we say here hunger is the best cook :D
And yes, you mentioned a couple of months ago having the empanadas and explained them to me, and I mentioned that we have a bigger version of it called hawawshi, and it's sort of the common on the go dinner for everyone. You can't order it here though, you have to find a take-away restaurant, or a butcher. Every butcher has an oven to make them with fresh meat.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: November 09, 2019, 07:50:02 PM »
LOL, yes, I remember the explanation about the hawawshi but, as you said, that was months ago. I wouldn't call it to be "addicted".
And yes, pizza and empanadas were the first things to be delivered here. Only later you began to be able to order pretty much all kind of foods. Well, not Egyptian, dough. I don't remember any Egyptian restaurant here. The whole African continent is not very well represented here (there are a few ones) but we do have several Arabian food places that have some dishes that are eat in Egypt too, or so I understand.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: November 09, 2019, 07:58:35 PM »
Well, Arabian cusine is pretty much interlinked. Specific countries have specific dishes of course, but we mostly eat the same things. And Egyptians especially eat a collection of all arabic dishes, which is understandable given our history.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: November 09, 2019, 08:26:12 PM »
Of course, a geographic proximity explains a shared cuisine, both for the fact that people moving from one country to another takes their food, but also because of same area usually grows same produces. And in your case, Arabian food is delicious, so why not to have it?
Missing you, Md 

Offline Doroga's Cousin

• Needs A Life
  • Not sure if Correct
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: November 14, 2019, 10:49:32 PM »
Hi Weird. :)
Is it just me or is it getting a little solipsistic in here?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: November 15, 2019, 01:17:52 AM »
DC!! Good to see you, sorry I was not here when you came. How are you doing?
Missing you, Md 

Offline Gilitine_Memitim

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: November 15, 2019, 10:40:33 PM »
Hello DC. *bows politely*