Author Topic: Another Weird for the Weird folk  (Read 366599 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Another Weird for the Weird folk
« Reply #1155 on: November 04, 2019, 09:54:32 PM »
Oh, sorry about your computer, Regen. I hope you could save the files, at least. I am glad you are back, sorry about the orange juice  :P. Now I don't have orange juice either, but I am looking forward to have some strawberries later. Here it is a rainy day (morning had very intense rains, now it's just a soft one) but it is very warm, around 22°C right now. Luckily I am almost totally recovered from a sore throat.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: November 04, 2019, 11:16:44 PM »
Fcrate and Dina:
No, I'm afraid there is not much sensible to do anymore. We've been repairing the old guy for years. And for the last months we've been saving every new important file immediately, because complete failure could happen any time.
We will simply buy a new one. If I have to write something, I can go to my daughter's room and use her old PC. It even has internet now, yeah.  ;D
It was a gift from an old neighbour of my mother's. I believe the thing must be 15 years old or so. The old lady has no use for computers. It belonged to her son who died last year. My mother is helping her go shopping, do paper work go to doctors and so on.

Here it is raining permanently. But it's not so cold yet. Stays above zero.
I still have to remove the leaves. No fun doing wet leaves in the wind and rain. Either way that will have to wait until I feel better.
The fever is already down a bit. I spent my day on the couch with a wet washcloth on my forehead and lots of tea.
Glad you are better now, Dina.

Fcrate: about technomancy
Funny thing but I do believe for years that something in my aura makes wristwatches break down. I've never had a wristwatch last for more than a few months since my childhood. Weird, but true.
On the other hand I made an analyzer work again after I laid my hand on it. Twice. I was just making fun and doing it for show. My colleague and I have been staring with open mouths. After the first time she was calling specifically for me, when the thing wasn't working again. And I did it again. ;)

And touchscreens don't always react to my touch.

And yes, I tried that with the computer when no one was looking. :)

« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 11:31:16 PM by Regenbogen »

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: November 04, 2019, 11:29:45 PM »
Well, at least you have saved the important things and were ready for the failure. And yes, enjoy to have a new computer soon!
I am sorry you are still sick but I hope you get well soon. And keep drinking tea, it always helps! It even helps your soul  :D.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: November 04, 2019, 11:39:43 PM »
Thanks. Yes, tea is good. Maybe I should put some rum in it. As disinfectant from the inside. ;D

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: November 05, 2019, 12:00:02 AM »
I have to admit I never had alcohol with my tea, but sometimes I enjoyed some coffee with it.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
  • Screw your courage to the sticking place...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: November 05, 2019, 04:18:11 PM »
I am glad you liked it! I have seen pictures of Chicago Deep Dish pizza and it does not appeal me but I am very happy you enjoyed it. And...Wooden Tankers? What is that?

https://www.google.com/search?q=wooden+tankard&prmd=sivn&sxsrf=ACYBGNQYEoT_aALo5odSr4XspeICPGFXRA:1572970633550&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwid_OqevNPlAhWltlkKHdqpD3wQ_AUoAnoECA4QAg&biw=768&bih=576

Like that Di-Di n_n . I spelled it wrong, my bad XD .
Rest Well Mdodd, and Please Watch over Us...

Relinquo spes totus ye quisnam penetro hic...

Strong like bull, smart like tractor, smooth like brick - smell like goat!

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: November 05, 2019, 05:07:08 PM »
@Otlan
Wow, that is really cool.

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: November 05, 2019, 05:31:57 PM »
Regen, that is COOL :D Reminds me of the scene in ''A Wise Man's Fear".. You didn't shout "Edro!" by any chance?
Glad the fever is down a bit.
By the way, I've never heard of anyone's "positive" aura affecting technology, however, my cousin never had a phone last longer than 7 months, a camera more than 2 years, or a PC that didn't need fixing every other week. She once even touched my laptop and it crashed for the first time in a year, and since I'm the go-to guy for fixing stuff in my family, she's been keeping me in cake and lasagna enough to make me fat. :D
My father's phones get stolen on a yearly basis. I don't know if that's related.
Otlan: Send me one of those tankards please!
Dina: Now I'll head over to my neighbour's farm and pick some oranges. ha!
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: November 05, 2019, 06:05:21 PM »
I was just humming a bit.  ;D
Doesn't always work, of course. The analyzer was in the other lab I don't work with. So I had no idea how it worked. It was a weekend shift and I was bringing some samples for the colleague working there. She looked pretty desperate, so I asked her what happened.
She actually told the others, if they had a problem they couldn't solve, they should call me.  ;)

And now I remember: digital photo cameras are playing crazy, too.

I have very long living cell phones. They just tend to shut themselves down sometimes. My last phone's camera suddenly had no more lightning. Several people tried to turn it back on, because they thought I was just too stupid to do it myself. I just gave them my phone "OK, if you can do it, I give you 10€". Never had to do that, hehe.
OK, so the cell phones are acting crazy, too. But not so much that they won't work any more.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 06:09:36 PM by Regenbogen »

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: November 05, 2019, 07:39:18 PM »
@Otlan
Wow, that is really cool.

Thanks Regen n_n . It is like the coolest thing I own now XD . It's even got my name burned into the bottom of it n_n ! I'll take some pics and send post em n_n .

@Fcrate: Sure thing Crate, soon as I get the money together n_n .

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: November 05, 2019, 08:22:55 PM »
Otlan, those are really, really cool! I am glad your friend thought in that for you.

Regen, very cool about the analyzer! I have a more or less neutral relationship with technology, but my cellphones have the "I just want to shut down myself for no reason" too. And I have the same problem with touchscreens sometimes, which is one reason I don't like them-
Missing you, Md 

Offline Gilitine_Memitim

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: November 05, 2019, 08:37:13 PM »
My printer at work is always a pain in the ass, which is weird because we change seats and hence printers like every other month. Albeit everything else I could complain about is easily thrown at IT being a pain.

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: November 05, 2019, 09:31:55 PM »
I have a more or less neutral relationship with technology, but my cellphones have the "I just want to shut down myself for no reason" too. And I have the same problem with touchscreens sometimes, which is one reason I don't like them-
You probably need to clean the battery's power connectors. But I agree about the touchscreens. Only thing I like about them is reading e-books.
My printer at work is always a pain in the ass, which is weird because we change seats and hence printers like every other month. Albeit everything else I could complain about is easily thrown at IT being a pain.
Printers are ALWAYS a pain in the ass.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Gilitine_Memitim

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: November 06, 2019, 12:13:32 AM »
I mean yes, but they tend to want to give me more trouble than my co-workers. Which is rather unfair considering I'm one of like two people there who actually know how to do much anything tech related.

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: November 06, 2019, 12:58:31 AM »
I mean yes, but they tend to want to give me more trouble than my co-workers. Which is rather unfair considering I'm one of like two people there who actually know how to do much anything tech related.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX6PID8vOkY