Author Topic: Another Weird for the Weird folk  (Read 366979 times)

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Another Weird for the Weird folk
« Reply #1065 on: October 15, 2019, 04:22:07 PM »
*Hugs back* Thanks Dina. At this point though, I just want to beat my head against a brick wall and be done for the day -_- . To top everything off, now it look like none of my gameing group members are gonna show up -_- . My f**king life, I sware to God -_- .

Eh, it was kind of, even though I wasn't really doing anything Heroic.
I can help you Otlan, I can put your head through a brick wall for you.  Solves everything.  :P
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: October 16, 2019, 12:21:48 AM »
LOL!
It has been a very grey coldish day with moments of rain. I wanted a nap all day  :P
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: October 16, 2019, 02:44:59 PM »
@Otlan: what kind of work do you do?

I actually took a nap on Monday and Tuesday. On Sunday I thought I had to start monday at 8:00. About midnight I accidentally looked at my calendar and realized, I was meant to be there at 6:45! As a result I was even more tired than on other Mondays. In the afternoon I couldn't keep myself awake any longer.
On top of that, work was very exhausting. We were only half as many workers than we should be. The whole week is like that. Today one of the ill colleagues came back. Work was a bit better then.

The weather is beautiful. A golden October, one could say. Bright colours, the sun deep in the sky. Few clouds. Not much wind. No rain. Yellow, brown and red leaves covering the ground. It's what I imagine when thinking of autumn.

Now I'm on the couch again. Maybe going to sleep. One child is at her music teacher's learning to play the flute. The other is in her room, quietly playing something. Husband still at work. So I'm on my own.

In the evening I'm going to meet a few singers and teach them Christmas songs.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: October 16, 2019, 09:06:51 PM »
For some reason, your post did not appear as new to me, Regen.

Sorry about your tiring days but I am glad you are enjoying some good Autumn times and all the musical parts of your descriptions sound great. I hope you have fun with the Christmas song.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
  • Screw your courage to the sticking place...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: October 17, 2019, 06:02:30 PM »
I can help you Otlan, I can put your head through a brick wall for you.  Solves everything.  :P

I would appricate that Crate, thank you n_n .

@Dina: Thanks Dina n_n . One of these days, I'm gonna build me a little room and fill it with all kinds of brakable stuff. And when I've had a bad day, I'm just gonna take a bat, go in there and smash it all to hell n_n .

@Regen: Currently, I work as a Cashier/Sack Monkey in a Grocery Store, working two/three days a week for Minium Wage. So I guess you could classify me as a Bum/Freeloader.
Rest Well Mdodd, and Please Watch over Us...

Relinquo spes totus ye quisnam penetro hic...

Strong like bull, smart like tractor, smooth like brick - smell like goat!

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: October 17, 2019, 06:03:47 PM »
@Dina: Thanks Dina n_n . One of these days, I'm gonna build me a little room and fill it with all kinds of brakable stuff. And when I've had a bad day, I'm just gonna take a bat, go in there and smash it all to hell n_n .
Works much better if it's other people's* breakable stuff. I speak from experience.

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: October 17, 2019, 06:15:17 PM »
Works much better if it's other people's* breakable stuff. I speak from experience.

Well yes XD . It's just be junk you can buy at Garage/Yard Sales.

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: October 17, 2019, 07:22:22 PM »
I always hit old pillows. So I can't hurt myself. I realized as a child, that biting instead of hitting the pillow worked much better to channel my rage. Up to the point where the pillow was destroyed and I suddenly had feathers everywhere. Most annoyingly in my mouth.
A friend of mine once broke his wrist because he was hitting the marble windowsill with his fist in a tantrum. Afterwards he had to explain to everyone, how he broke his hand. How humiliating for him, but funny for all the others. ;)
That was the reason my mother recommended the pillow method. ;D

If you do have the space I recommend boxing a sandbag. But put some bandages on your knuckles first and do some low and high kicks hitting the bag. Very satisfying.
The method with breathing slowly and counting to ten never worked for me. Just makes me more angry. I have to let it out.
Nowadays I almost always keep cool. But when I'm really angry once in a while I have to let it out somehow. Don't need that sandbag anymore. A pillow is sufficient. And laughing in the face of anger sometimes works, too.
...And removing snow with a shovel, if snow is available.  8)

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: October 17, 2019, 08:53:58 PM »
I always hit old pillows. So I can't hurt myself. I realized as a child, that biting instead of hitting the pillow worked much better to channel my rage. Up to the point where the pillow was destroyed and I suddenly had feathers everywhere. Most annoyingly in my mouth.
A friend of mine once broke his wrist because he was hitting the marble windowsill with his fist in a tantrum. Afterwards he had to explain to everyone, how he broke his hand. How humiliating for him, but funny for all the others. ;)
That was the reason my mother recommended the pillow method. ;D

If you do have the space I recommend boxing a sandbag. But put some bandages on your knuckles first and do some low and high kicks hitting the bag. Very satisfying.
The method with breathing slowly and counting to ten never worked for me. Just makes me more angry. I have to let it out.
Nowadays I almost always keep cool. But when I'm really angry once in a while I have to let it out somehow. Don't need that sandbag anymore. A pillow is sufficient. And laughing in the face of anger sometimes works, too.
...And removing snow with a shovel, if snow is available.  8)

I'd freaking love to get a punching bag. Can't afford one at the moment though, and not sure where I could hang it. What I'd really love to do is take up forgeing. I figure, if I'm pissed off, I might as well make something useful. I tried the pillow Method once. Wound up punching my head board too, which is made of metal. That hurt -_- .

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: October 17, 2019, 09:15:55 PM »
A plastic bag Otaln, maybe a fertilizer bag would be more durable, pad it with some spongy stuff and fill it up, no need to buy it. I have one myself.
Have you ever tried shooting? works wonders :)
Regen... heh :D  When I had a nokia 3300 I used to throw it at the wall. Very satisfying, and you can put it back together again and it still works.

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: October 17, 2019, 09:42:22 PM »
A plastic bag Otaln, maybe a fertilizer bag would be more durable, pad it with some spongy stuff and fill it up, no need to buy it. I have one myself.
Have you ever tried shooting? works wonders :)
Regen... heh :D  When I had a nokia 3300 I used to throw it at the wall. Very satisfying, and you can put it back together again and it still works.

.....Crate, your a Genius XD !! Eh, given the high cost of guns and ammo, shooting is not an option -_- .

Offline Gilitine_Memitim

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: October 17, 2019, 10:55:54 PM »
*hides*

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: October 17, 2019, 11:17:02 PM »
*catches a hidden phantom*
Gotcha!
*glomps*

I do the pillow method. Also? Playing some video game on the Mortal Kombat style, something to do virtual punches.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Gilitine_Memitim

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: October 17, 2019, 11:39:40 PM »
Hey Dina.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: October 17, 2019, 11:40:34 PM »
 ;D How are you, Gil? You have been missed.
Missing you, Md