Author Topic: Another Weird for the Weird folk  (Read 366584 times)

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
  • Screw your courage to the sticking place...
    • View Profile
Re: Another Weird for the Weird folk
« Reply #1035 on: October 07, 2019, 02:36:36 PM »
I have a couple of dreams I wish I could forget. Especially the one's about my Mother -_- .
Rest Well Mdodd, and Please Watch over Us...

Relinquo spes totus ye quisnam penetro hic...

Strong like bull, smart like tractor, smooth like brick - smell like goat!

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: October 07, 2019, 07:14:20 PM »
Good maen y'all. One of my worst dreams/nightmares involves walking into a dark room where the only light is shining on a chair with a yellow bird perched on it. For some reason that scared the crap out of me and I was an adult when I had this dream.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: October 07, 2019, 08:15:38 PM »
Good maen y'all. One of my worst dreams/nightmares involves walking into a dark room where the only light is shining on a chair with a yellow bird perched on it. For some reason that scared the crap out of me and I was an adult when I had this dream.

Huh. Do you have a fear 9f Birds Warden?

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: October 07, 2019, 09:34:35 PM »
Huh. Do you have a fear 9f Birds Warden?
Sometimes in nightmares the strangest things can scare us. Things that doesn't scare us in real life, and sometimes the fear is just fear, without reason. I once dreamt of an empty train moving at twilight, and it was awfully scary.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: October 07, 2019, 10:22:40 PM »
As a child, the night before I was getting sick, I was repeatedly having not the same dream, but always a similar one:
I am sitting in a room, often at home, doing some dull work that always repeated itself, like weaving with an uneven brown wool thread. All the while there are voices talking quietly somewhere but I can't understand a word. It feels like they are talking to me and they don't feel friendly.
Then my eyes are getting weary and my head spins. The thread turns liquid and washes in tiny rhythmic waves over my work. I look up at the window. Suddenly the voices are getting louder, but I still can't understand and the window is moving towards me.
It made me wake up and vomit.
Nice dream. So prophetic. ;)

And there were the dreams where I was running from something behind me. I was running at full speed, but couldn't move forward, whereas the pursuer came nearer. Then I realized, it's a dream, and my father once told me, how he changed a falling dream to flying when he was a boy. And I slowly begin to lift myself up in the sky. I have to keep floating up there. If I sink to deep down, the pursuer will catch me. So I stay up and watch everything from above.

And there were the Indiana Jones dreams, as I called them. I liked those. They were different all the time, but what they had in common was that you had to find some hidden treasure in an ancient building, jungle, old factory ... There were traps and it was an adventure. Often you had competition. That made it more exciting.

Actually I think I made myself dream the Indiana Jones dreams so that I didn't have to dream the scary and ugly ones. And the ones of past events.

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: October 07, 2019, 10:56:20 PM »
And there were the dreams where I was running from something behind me. I was running at full speed, but couldn't move forward, whereas the pursuer came nearer. Then I realized, it's a dream, and my father once told me, how he changed a falling dream to flying when he was a boy. And I slowly begin to lift myself up in the sky. I have to keep floating up there. If I sink to deep down, the pursuer will catch me. So I stay up and watch everything from above.
The running from something and can't move forward is quite common, and happened to me a lot. Once in particular I was trying to cross the street and fell down, and was crawling to the other side. A truck is coming, and my left leg is extended behind me, still in the street, and I can't move it at all.
About changing the dream, yes, neat trick! I did it once when I had sequential nighmares when I was 12 or 13. The nightmare continuted like a tv show everytime I went to sleep, no matter what, so I changed it and gave myself a chance. The heck of it is, it does really work.

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: October 07, 2019, 11:33:12 PM »
Yes, it does work. First you have to realize, it's a dream. Waking yourself just helps stopping the one dream. But recurring nightmares can be changed and after that they gradually vanish.

Weird are those dreams that feel like reality, when even after being awake for hours, you are not sure if that had really happened.

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: October 08, 2019, 01:26:13 PM »
Well, I had a dream that I overslept and missed my exam in college, and I was depressed for a couple of hours walking around like a chicken before I figured out that I've graduated a couple of years ago. Weird :D

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: October 08, 2019, 02:33:01 PM »
Sometimes in nightmares the strangest things can scare us. Things that doesn't scare us in real life, and sometimes the fear is just fear, without reason. I once dreamt of an empty train moving at twilight, and it was awfully scary.

I've never had a dream like that. Usually if I'm scared in a dream it's because somethings comeing to murder me and I'm running away from it. Then I usually trip fall, bounce on the bed and wake myself up. I did have a dream once I was a Civil War Soilder being chased by a bunch of Idians when my foot caught on a branch and I triped and fell. Damn near bounced right of the bed XD .

One of the strangest dreams I ever had was when I was still a kid. I was sleeping between my parents because I didn't have a bed of my own yet. Every time I laid down on my fathers arm, I dreamed a Screaming Flameing Red Skull would come flying at me. When I laid on my mothers arm, same thing, only the skull and flames were blue. Then when I laid between em, both freaking skulls came flaying at me, screaming until they met in the middle and became a purple skull. And they did it over and over again like a bad flip book. Slept the whole damn night like that, and for some damn reason a heavy metal song was playing the whole time.

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: October 08, 2019, 03:11:05 PM »
Echoes of ghost rider maybe?  Heh

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: October 08, 2019, 03:20:53 PM »
Echoes of ghost rider maybe?  Heh

This was back in like the 1990s XD . I hadn't even heard of Ghost Rider yet XD .

Anyone here ever have an Experience where you just coudn't sleep. Like you'd lay down to close your eyes, but then they'd just snap back open and no matter what you coudn't get to sleep?

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: October 09, 2019, 10:52:27 PM »
Only always Otlan. It's called insomnia :D

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: October 10, 2019, 01:00:33 AM »
Hi! I just wanted to let you know I am fine and coming home from my workshop in Mendoza. I will write something coherent about dreams when I am home and after a lot of hours of good sleep. So don't hold your breath  :P
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: October 10, 2019, 12:37:11 PM »
Interpersed with a few moments of good dreams, I hope :D

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: October 10, 2019, 04:22:55 PM »
Only always Otlan. It's called insomnia :D

I had that happen to me once when I was younger, and to this day I still have no idea why it happened. But that F**king sucked -_- .