Author Topic: Another Weird for the Weird folk  (Read 370339 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Another Weird for the Weird folk
« Reply #945 on: September 17, 2019, 05:11:29 AM »
I am eating all day though, only not fatty things. Slices of carrot, or parsley, or apples, anything in between meals. And today I had some tasty spaghetti (with some diet cream cheese, nothing else)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: September 17, 2019, 05:54:35 AM »
Healthy food!  Yay? 
Ouch. OK now that I've changed the way I eat,  I do eat salads daily,  and a decent amount,  really. I've lost 22 kg in the last 30 months,  and after many years of trying to lose weight,  I have to give you some advice,  just putting it out there: you have to worry about the sustainability of your diet. If it's not something you can keep doing for the rest of your life,  don't do it.
If you punish yourself for a short time you will lose quite a bit of weight,  but eventually gain it back when you get sick of the way you eat. What you eat is up to you,  but try not to feel deprived of anything or you'll probably end up breaking your diet, and thanks to your metabolism adapting to the lower calorie intake,  you'll gain the weight back very quickly.  Try to eat a little bit of everything.
I know nobody wants advice on their diet,  but think about it.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #947 on: September 17, 2019, 01:45:32 PM »
Hi Fcrate! Congratulations about that significant loss! And yes, I agree with you but I am eating very few fatty things for now just because I am taking care of my liver after the gallbladder surgery. I won't keep that diet for ever, but I am going to try to keep a moderate fat intake in the future. I don't know if it will work, time will tell.  Thanks for the advice!
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
  • Screw your courage to the sticking place...
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: September 17, 2019, 08:12:30 PM »
Hi all n_n . Soooo, apparently my DnD group now has asspirations for world domination. They plan on building an Army of Goblins to do they're bidding and just take over everything XD .
Rest Well Mdodd, and Please Watch over Us...

Relinquo spes totus ye quisnam penetro hic...

Strong like bull, smart like tractor, smooth like brick - smell like goat!

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #949 on: September 18, 2019, 12:46:50 AM »
Sounds fun! One of my DnD group actually became gods, so... another RPG group was more moderate, we just took an entire city (but a very poor one).
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: September 18, 2019, 08:42:17 PM »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CnYDLHUwRKc

;)
Sorry, that came to me instinctively.  ;D
Yesterday I talked about Buffy with a friend. I will have to watch that again. Or at least "Once more with feeling" and "Hush".
I always think of Buffy when someone in the DF Spoilers mentions Nemesis. LOL
We are your nemesisseseses!!!

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: September 18, 2019, 09:48:44 PM »
Hi Fcrate! Congratulations about that significant loss! And yes, I agree with you but I am eating very few fatty things for now just because I am taking care of my liver after the gallbladder surgery. I won't keep that diet for ever, but I am going to try to keep a moderate fat intake in the future. I don't know if it will work, time will tell.  Thanks for the advice!
Thanks Dina!
Hello there Otlan and Regen... :D

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #952 on: September 19, 2019, 06:20:22 AM »
Coffee feels so good... (I spent about a month without coffee because of surgery and now I am trying to have it every couple of days instead of 4 times a day. And so, when i have it, i really enjoy it)
Missing you, Md 

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: September 19, 2019, 04:15:14 PM »
Sounds fun! One of my DnD group actually became gods, so... another RPG group was more moderate, we just took an entire city (but a very poor one).

They became Gods O_O !?...I imagine that didn't end well XD . Hey, a City is only as poor as you make it XD .

@Reg: Nice XD .

@Fcrate: Crate. Always good to see you Amigo n_n . How's the kitties?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #954 on: September 19, 2019, 04:55:41 PM »
They became Gods O_O !?...I imagine that didn't end well XD . Hey, a City is only as poor as you make it XD .

It didn't end well  ;D

And the city was very poor when our party took it. Then it got better.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: September 20, 2019, 12:47:08 AM »

@Reg: Nice XD .

@Fcrate: Crate. Always good to see you Amigo n_n . How's the kitties?
They're fine, I sent 2 of them to a friend who wanted a few cats to hunt, the third is driving me crazy stealing my food when it can get away with it (almost never) Teaching it to hunt now, as its mother is busy with yet another pregnancy (If my cows were that fertile I'd be a very rich man :/ )
Maen Dina :D

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #956 on: September 20, 2019, 02:42:17 AM »
Hi Fcrate! Well, perhaps you should fix the cat.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: September 20, 2019, 04:05:13 PM »
It didn't end well  ;D

And the city was very poor when our party took it. Then it got better.

No surprise there XD .

Kind of reminds me of this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpHVY16CKw0

@Fcrate: Why would your frined want to hunt cats O_O !? That seems awfully crule -_- .

And awww, kitty stealing food XD !

Maby you should start selling cats XD ! Or as Dina suggested, get Ma'ma Kitty fixed.

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: September 20, 2019, 07:19:41 PM »
Cute. I once had a cat who stole food, too. Her name was Lucy. She would sit beside you while you were eating, waiting for an opportunity. Then she would put her head under your arm (she could do that without you noticing at first) and steal the food directly from the fork.
After a while I started feeding the cats at the same time as we were having dinner.
Just closing the door did only result in crying cats until dinner was finished.  :)

The remaining cat who allows us to share her home is a very successful huntress. And most of the time she eats the whole mice. Often without leaving blood stains. You can only see some grass on the floor and you know: this was the place where a mouse has been devoured.
It is nice not to trip over leftovers every day for a change.

A shame that Bella hates other cats or we would like to take in some kittens.

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: September 20, 2019, 08:56:59 PM »
Yes, I noticed that most hunter cats are extremely territorial. My current cat kicks its kitten out of my room whenever she's present. Whenever they're weaned, they're out. Anyway, the kitten is stealing food because I'm not feeding it enough at the moment. Part of the whole "teaching how to hunt thing". Once they get a taste for fresh mouse, I can feed them to their belly's content without worrying about them not hunting. Btw, I never have to worry about bloodstains, but whenever they hunt a pigeon or a dove ----aaaaach the feathers -.-
Stealing food out of the fork is priceless though, thanks for that :D
@Dina & Otlan, third time you gave me this advice, it's still a no. lol