Author Topic: Another Weird for the Weird folk  (Read 366592 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Another Weird for the Weird folk
« Reply #930 on: September 07, 2019, 06:30:07 PM »
@Dina:
That doesn't sound like fun. No fat is ok, but no COFFEE???? Will the diet be required forever or are you allowed to eat and drink everything again after recovery?
At the moment it's 15 °C and wet outside. We had a really weird summer: One week 30°C, next week 12°C, the week after that 35°C with a lot of electricity in the air but no thunderstorm as release. After that 10-15°C and so on. People were having headaches. One could neither get used to heat nor to cold.
Also the winters in the past few years never got colder than -10°C. Mostly it was above zero. There was only one day, when we could build a small snowman, but the next day it was already melting.

I remember my childhood with -20°C in January for several days.

But I shouldn't complain. At least there are no hurricanes or volcanos ...

Oh, for God's sake! It's not for ever. I am required to follow the diet strictly the first month and then to slowly begin adding things until I eat normally again. What I was saying is that I will cry to keep a moderate diet longer because I am overweighted.

Buenos Aires has very mild Winters (as you, I remember colder Winters when I was a child, but in my case colder was...around -2 or -3 C). It has suffocating Summers but 38 C only happens in some odd days, so I really should not complain at all.

@Fcrate, I have seen snow only a couple of times (in the South of my country). It is lovely but I suspect it would be very difficult for me to adapt to live a whole Winter under storm.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
  • Screw your courage to the sticking place...
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: September 08, 2019, 04:48:17 PM »
Heyla Kiddies. Sneaks back in when no one is looking. Congratulations Otlan - you rock. and I will definitely remember to stay off the roads in your area of the country. :o :o
 Hey Dina, miss ya. Sorry to hear it's cold there but you can send it up here. Very warm would be what I would call it around here.
 Finally working at trying to get my novella ready for Amazon. Wish me luck. I need the money. Doing my usual end of month plea to try to get the rent. Doesn't look good this month. Several friends have come down very sick and it's disheartening. I can't really do anything for any of them. So keep your fingers crossed. Have spent my time writing fan pic - yeah, I know, but it was an escape from everything and it harmed no one. Sigh. Heard from LC - she just lost her job, unfortunately. Duckie has written several books and they're on Amazon. I think the first one is Queen of Crows. Interesting concept. Payne's Grey got married. I think Mousewynn finally retired, and Mr. Shecky is being owed by five cats - also being an independent copy editor - a good copy editor.

*Pouncehugglesthesneakysnowlepoard* <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Snowy n_n ! It was a lot of effort, but I finally did it XD ! Sorry your haveing trou.ble paying the rent -_- , but I'm glad to hear your Preping your book for Amazon n_n ! Let me know when it's up so I can get a copy. Also, you would be safe from the Manic Werewolf behind the wheel XD .

@Dina: *Huggles tight* Thanks DiDi n_n ! I'm just glad to have it over -_- .
Rest Well Mdodd, and Please Watch over Us...

Relinquo spes totus ye quisnam penetro hic...

Strong like bull, smart like tractor, smooth like brick - smell like goat!

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #932 on: September 09, 2019, 03:26:02 AM »
That is excellent, Otlan! *hugs the werewolf* Now you need to gain some experience with it
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: September 09, 2019, 08:18:58 PM »
That is excellent, Otlan! *hugs the werewolf* Now you need to gain some experience with it

Working on that. So far I havn't wrecked or run anyone over, so yay XD !

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: September 09, 2019, 08:37:50 PM »
That's great. Keep doing that.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #935 on: September 09, 2019, 10:13:53 PM »
I agree with that advice  :)
How is everybody doing, Weird-citizens?
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: September 09, 2019, 11:08:03 PM »
Working on that. So far I havn't wrecked or run anyone over, so yay XD !
$10 bonus for every person you run over, $5 for pets.
Collectible at the 25th of every month. Deal? *Offers hand for shaking*
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: September 12, 2019, 05:33:13 PM »
$10 bonus for every person you run over, $5 for pets.
Collectible at the 25th of every month. Deal? *Offers hand for shaking*

No XD ! Although some days I feel tempted to, no XD .

Just had my first DnD session on Monday night XD . It went...kind of how I expected and kind of not XD .

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: September 12, 2019, 06:15:08 PM »
Heyla Kiddies, sneaks back in.
 Hope you all are doing well? Ouch Dina, I just read back a page or two and sorry about your gallbladder surgery. Glad it was laparoscopic. Those make healing a whole heck of a lot easier. Had a D and C that way. Bellybutton surgery. Hope the temporary diet helps with weight loss. The older you get the harder it is to lose. Sigh.
 L.C.s been pretty quiet about her job or not having one. Sounds like the one she just lost was not a good one anyway.
 Duckie just launched a new book - bad puns abound I'm sure. This IS Duckie after all. LOL
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2565543773505463&set=a.133782313348300&type=3&theater
  This is the site if you're interested.
Fcrate - it's $25 for cops and $50 if they see you coming.
 Otlan - good luck with whatever you try. Huggles. (For some odd reason - autocorrect DOES NOT like the word Huggles - it always wants to switch it to Hughes.)
  Anyway, kids, am in and out. Miss you all and will try to be back here more often.
   Snowy sneaks away again before she can be pounced.

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: September 12, 2019, 08:56:33 PM »
 Hope you all are doing well? Ouch Dina, I just read back a page or two and sorry about your gallbladder surgery. Glad it was laparoscopic. Those make healing a whole heck of a lot easier. Had a D and C that way. Bellybutton surgery. Hope the temporary diet helps with weight loss. The older you get the harder it is to lose. Sigh.
 L.C.s been pretty quiet about her job or not having one. Sounds like the one she just lost was not a good one anyway.
 Duckie just launched a new book - bad puns abound I'm sure. This IS Duckie after all. LOL
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2565543773505463&set=a.133782313348300&type=3&theater
 Otlan - good luck with whatever you try. Huggles. (For some odd reason - autocorrect DOES NOT like the word Huggles - it always wants to switch it to Hughes.)
  Anyway, kids, am in and out. Miss you all and will try to be back here more often.

*Tries to pouncehuggle the Sneaky Snowlepoard, only to miss* Dang it ! But thanks Snow n_n !

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: September 12, 2019, 11:48:23 PM »
Huh. $25 is more than I can afford, and there's a whole lot of the... a whole lot of cops. But I'm totally on board.
As for Hughes, I always get the same problem with Duck. I have to manually add all of its variations (singular, singular in capital letters, singular in the beginning of a sentence, plural, plural in capital letters, plural in the beginning of a sentence, verb tenses, etc) everytime I install a new firmware or get a new phone. Sigh.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #941 on: September 13, 2019, 01:15:04 AM »

Thanks a lot, Snowy! I will read it soon, and probably some of her old books too.

And yes, recovery after surgery has been good. Diet has not been easy but I am being a good girl and i hope it is helping my liver and my weight.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: September 14, 2019, 01:18:23 PM »
Thanks a lot, Snowy! I will read it soon, and probably some of her old books too.

And yes, recovery after surgery has been good. Diet has not been easy but I am being a good girl and i hope it is helping my liver and my weight.

*Gently hugs the Sore Di-Di*

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #943 on: September 14, 2019, 11:20:38 PM »
*loves hugs*

Well, yesterday I went to the doctor and all is going well. I lost some weight too, so I am feeling well.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: September 16, 2019, 07:53:03 PM »
*loves hugs*

Well, yesterday I went to the doctor and all is going well. I lost some weight too, so I am feeling well.

Yay *n_n* !