Author Topic: Another Weird for the Weird folk  (Read 371549 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Another Weird for the Weird folk
« Reply #885 on: August 27, 2019, 12:36:54 AM »
I am sorry to say I am not much of a museum fan. I've been to some of our museums but not all, but I am always thinking I should do more visits. For some reason, I never end doing those visits. (I love most of our museum buildings though, sometimes more than what is shown).

But I always like to see the statues in the places. The Thinker is in the same are where we have a mini replica of your Liberty Statue.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #886 on: August 27, 2019, 12:55:04 AM »
Sorry about the double post, but I wanted to let this link here
http://buenosairesmonumentos.blogspot.com/2014/05/belgrano-2-barrancas.html

The base of the statue is all "graffitied" in the picture, but I believe it's clean now, the picture is not new. The base is periodically repainted. In case you are wondering, the first graffiti says  "Liberty is not this statue, she flies". And the other "We destroy and kill for 1 peso and we die for a kiss" (peso is our currency, and in Spanish kiss (beso) rhymes with peso)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Akrasiel

• Posty McPostington
  • I am Fallen, but only because I was pushed...
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook, if you're brave enough.
« Reply #887 on: August 27, 2019, 10:57:28 AM »
Wow that is really profound. Its interesting that it gets tagged apparently after each repainting. If I had such an art installation in my area I'd periodically check in and see what the next message is. The closest thing I can think of to that is an ever changing mural at a coffee shop near one of the other stores I've worked at. The pokestop always has the same picture but the image painted in their window is changed fairly regularly. I'm gonna include the website but it isnt quite as helpful as I'd hoped lol

https://elixrcoffee.com
Archangel of Justice, Fairness, Harmony, and Vengeance, angel of the church of Philadelphia.

Sometimes the first step to forgiveness is realizing the other person is a complete idiot...

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #888 on: August 27, 2019, 06:53:37 PM »
Our statues are not well taken care of. Sometimes they have silly graffiti like just the name of a person or a football (soccer of course) team. That is why some of our major statues are now "trapped" on a sort of cage. But sometimes people write interesting things. Oh, I am sorry to say that the Liberty replica is sometimes hurt with injuries to your country.
(By the way, our replica is a "real one" in the sense that it was made by Bartholdi himself)
Missing you, Md 

Offline Akrasiel

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: August 27, 2019, 11:27:00 PM »
That's amazing. It would be cool to actually see that. I sent you a fun one today. It's a bit of a local oddity but its definitely iconic. Right across from city hall and standing where the subway and elevated trains intersect. The giant clothes pin!
Archangel of Justice, Fairness, Harmony, and Vengeance, angel of the church of Philadelphia.

Sometimes the first step to forgiveness is realizing the other person is a complete idiot...

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #890 on: August 28, 2019, 12:07:14 AM »
Got it and loved it! I had actually heard of that one, is very funny. It reminded me that when I was very young I loved to play with clothes pins. I would create bizarre structures and sometimes gave a home to some broken pins.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: August 29, 2019, 11:07:22 PM »
Maen all :)
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #892 on: August 30, 2019, 12:20:21 AM »
Hi Fcrate. How were your vacations?
I went to work today for the first time after a medical leave. It was all right but I am tired. In other topics, I am hungry. We will have gnocchi tonight.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: August 30, 2019, 08:16:01 AM »
Hey Dina. Had a good time at the beach. It was almost empty at this time of year (school starts in two weeks) so more fun for me. :D
You're just tired because of First Day Blues. I have the same feeling now. What is gnocchi?

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: August 30, 2019, 03:05:59 PM »
Good maen y'all! Checking in for updates and whatnot. Pokemon Go should add a brief text to friends widget to their app. That would help with PvP battles and Gifts.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #895 on: August 30, 2019, 08:53:54 PM »
Hey Dina. Had a good time at the beach. It was almost empty at this time of year (school starts in two weeks) so more fun for me. :D
You're just tired because of First Day Blues. I have the same feeling now. What is gnocchi?

Glad to hear that! And about First Day Blues, yes, of course. I'll get used to work soon. Gnocchi it's a kind of yummy pasta (We spell it "ñoquis" in Spanish, but the original word is Italian). I was happy because it was my first gnocchi after my surgery (I didn't use the normal sauce as I am following a post surgery diet which, as this point, is basically "no fat, no alcohol, nothing too spicy".

Good maen y'all! Checking in for updates and whatnot. Pokemon Go should add a brief text to friends widget to their app. That would help with PvP battles and Gifts.

Good maen for you! And yes, I agree about the texting, I've been thinking that for ages.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Akrasiel

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: August 30, 2019, 11:30:30 PM »
I agree pokemon go could use some kind of message option.

I managed to find that pokemon let's go gift at a mall, I'm. Ot sure if it was meant to be around this long since the games been out for a while now but it was still a cool find.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #897 on: August 30, 2019, 11:34:51 PM »
It was fun to see, indeed. I am not sure what I sent you, I think it was a graffiti.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: August 31, 2019, 03:36:53 PM »
Okay, yum!
Maen all,  BBQ tonight!

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #899 on: August 31, 2019, 07:39:18 PM »
Enjoy!

We finally have a day that feels like Spring. Sunny and with about 18°C

Edited: I've got 2 pictures from different libraries today  :D :D (Cincinnati and Philadelphia). Thanks guys! 
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 09:04:09 PM by Dina »
Missing you, Md