Author Topic: Another Weird for the Weird folk  (Read 370505 times)

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
  • Screw your courage to the sticking place...
    • View Profile
Re: Another Weird for the Weird folk
« Reply #600 on: June 01, 2019, 12:47:18 AM »
@Dina: That dose sound good n_n .

@WF: I think Good Omens dose start tonight, yes.

And if you really feel that way, you should tell your boss.

In other news., *does a happy dance* I'm finally back to work n_n <3 !
Rest Well Mdodd, and Please Watch over Us...

Relinquo spes totus ye quisnam penetro hic...

Strong like bull, smart like tractor, smooth like brick - smell like goat!

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: June 01, 2019, 01:24:08 AM »
I have spent YEARS looking for this Song!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTzLAYdVhSY

Offline Doroga's Cousin

• Needs A Life
  • Not sure if Correct
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: June 01, 2019, 04:19:02 AM »
Not ill, more like combative, lazy, and lacking a work mentality. Sometimes I feel like I am the weird one for trying to work a job with purpose and focus.
Unfortunately, I think that actually applies to most people. At least part of that is probably due to the fact that (at least in the US), minimum wage is not high enough in most of the country for the average worker to really give two s**ts.

Also, Good Omens came out today? I know what I'm doing.
Is it just me or is it getting a little solipsistic in here?

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: June 01, 2019, 05:50:09 AM »
(((((((DC))))))) That could be part of the problem, but I think it's more than that. It's a social thing, where being hard working is sometimes seen as been a stupid or something like that.
Good omens didn't just "start" tonight. The whole thing (six episodes) is in Amazon video. I have already seen 2 episodes and I am liking it a lot.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: June 01, 2019, 10:31:57 PM »
I have spent YEARS looking for this Song!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTzLAYdVhSY
Was always a fan of "Wildfire" and "What's Forever For." As far as a job goes, a body shows up for a paycheck; a body commits to a job to make the effort given have value. Will try to find time for "Good Omens."
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: June 02, 2019, 04:06:25 PM »
Was always a fan of "Wildfire" and "What's Forever For." As far as a job goes, a body shows up for a paycheck; a body commits to a job to make the effort given have value. Will try to find time for "Good Omens."

He sang Wildfire too? I didn't know that.

And a body shows up for work, but a mind dosn't always. You can tell people to leave there issues at the door, but for some people, that's harder to do.

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #607 on: June 03, 2019, 03:10:12 AM »
Good maen everybody. I've finished watching Good Omens and I really loved it! David Tennant is awesome as ever. I was not very sure about Michael Sheen as Aziraphale but he rocked it. He is probably my favorite part of the series.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Reginald(Formally GW)

• Conversationalist
  • Life is beautiful I guess.
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: June 03, 2019, 03:14:20 AM »
*Drive by to let the good folks of the SHOV know that he was thinking of them and also to leave a few things that he found in his saved files*

*gasp*

To even inferr that I enslaved him……. Sent him to die on a quest….. And was surprised at his return….

Besides, the bestpacts are betweenpeople who ultimately want to eliminate one another

Besides, as a wiseman once said, “F**k subtle

…I take back any advice I may have ever offered that Don agreed with.  Clearly it was horribly wrong.

It was unnaturally cool in the SHOV. 70’s almost constantly. You may wonder why this is so  unnatural, but you must realize we are in a hollowed out volcano. The Secret Hollowed Out Volcano has been our meeting place for a few years now, the upholstery ruined on a nearly weekly  basis. It shocks me how sometimes we go through gaps of time where there is no SHOV. But the observant denizens always bring it back. I must also wonder about the way it seems to go through changes of moods, like a different title flows through it, integrating itself into all the descriptions and people. Anything can happen in the SHOV. But at the same time, anything can be stopped. Oft times fights are taken to portions of space specifically formed for them. Also you can’t get a decent drink here. I guess that’s how the hellfire bar stays in business. Just chugging along. We had a butler. Dina says we can’t have one anymore because he was thrown into the lava by someone. (not naming any names) She had to go save him and was very annoyed. Anyway, this special place always welcomes newcomers and it forms sort of a family unattached from the “real” world. It boggles my mind sometimes. We have gone through triumph and failure. We have scaled to the very back of the freezer just to get some ice cream that wasn’t pinto. We give advice and take it. It is the greatest place I could ever imagine. We had a ruler, the Pharoah, but he doesn’t come anymore. Sad really. This was the birthplace of the pun dumpster, and several other locations within this world we call Forumania.

I miss you mdodd may your funny old man bones rest in peace
Dina is one of the best people I have ever had the pleasure to know, and I miss her.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #609 on: June 03, 2019, 03:38:29 AM »
OMG!!! IT'S YOU!!!
Missing you, Md 

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: June 03, 2019, 03:42:56 AM »
*Glomps Dina* Hows it going old friend? I have dearly missed you.
Dina is one of the best people I have ever had the pleasure to know, and I miss her.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #611 on: June 03, 2019, 03:46:24 AM »
Same here! I am doing well, how about you?
Missing you, Md 

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: June 03, 2019, 03:56:05 AM »
You know what, I'm doing good now. I have a job I like, a new apartment with a window thats perfect for reading in.(pictures will come sometime soon, it is a perfect little nook.) I am currently reading Oathbringer by Brandon Sanderson, which is good if a bit long of a book. I for some reason survived the Navy and was discharged honorbly so thats good.

What have you been up to you mad scientist? Any bugmen or bugwomen or bug plants? How is the batch of phd candidates coming along?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #613 on: June 03, 2019, 04:04:59 AM »
Sadly, not many news. I am more or less the same, doing more or less the same things. But all that sounds great, Reg. Congratulations about the navy!!
Missing you, Md 

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: June 03, 2019, 04:07:25 AM »
So long story short, I had forgotten the password for this account because I was always logged in so when I lost access to my old email address I lost access to this account. Now I am in a weird place where I don't know which account I want to use. The old one with history with symbols from before they stopped letting us change our names (the symbols were protection from the red court vampires on the forum, that much I remember Chiro!) or the new one which is the revived me. Because I recently got access to the email address again.

Also Dina, I'm sure you are killing it like always.

Remind me to later tell you the long somewhat funny story about how I suck with falling in love.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 04:10:48 AM by ۞†Grey Warden†۞ »
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?