Author Topic: Another Weird for the Weird folk  (Read 366547 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Another Weird for the Weird folk
« Reply #240 on: February 07, 2019, 12:26:46 AM »
I've read a couple Alpha flight issues, but not enough to remember much of the stories themselves. Mostly I remember then for starring in Wolverine things. I liked Northstar and Aurora because of their fashion sense  :P.

I went to you tube to listen to Maui song after that, I just couldn't help myself.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 07, 2019, 12:50:05 AM »
Wolverine, as the plotline goes, was intended to be leader of Alpha Flight. But, he left because he had feelings for Heather and didn't want to ruin friendship with her husband. Wolverine and his redhead fixation.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 07, 2019, 12:54:28 AM »
 I just past 5,000 posts! It only took a few months shy of 10 years.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 07, 2019, 12:56:51 AM »
Wolverine, as the plotline goes, was intended to be leader of Alpha Flight. But, he left because he had feelings for Heather and didn't want to ruin friendship with her husband. Wolverine and his redhead fixation.

Yes, I remember that, more or less.

I just past 5,000 posts! It only took a few months shy of 10 years.

:) Congratulations, but you didn't talk that much before.  You were shy, maybe.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 07, 2019, 01:11:37 AM »
I spent a few years as a lurker. Then a couple of dry periods involved Charlie stuff. The last couple of years have been slow due to lack of activity. I feel as if there is only a couple of dozen or so of us that post on a daily or weekly basis. Like a small family living in a huge mansion.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 07, 2019, 01:21:28 AM »
It is a good analogy, I agree. One of the reasons is other networks, like FB, Instagram, twitter. But I like it here.
Missing you, Md 

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 07, 2019, 01:45:22 AM »
I like it here better as well. I have spent time on most major social media. I like social internet to be slower, more detailed with their posts, and more organized with their layout. The closest thing to these forums is reddit.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 07, 2019, 05:10:10 AM »
I agree, but I've only read a few things in reddit. It's fine, but this is better.
I don't have any social network account, but sometimes I use hubby's, mostly for reading but very occasionally for posting something.

In another topic (I know this should be in "media", but as we were talking...) are you watching "True Detective", season 3?
Missing you, Md 

Offline Ren

• Seriously?
  • AKA: Renmonster The Horgymeister
    • View Profile
    • The Forbidden Dojo 3-D Art
« Reply #248 on: February 08, 2019, 01:14:37 AM »
((((tiredacheywaves))))
Hullo all, got all of the final confirmation bits taken care of I am officially starting my new Job as of Monday, nothing getting in the way now!
As long as my leg(s) hold out, Had 2 MRI's done for the pains I'm getting in my right leg' 1st was late last night and 2nd stupid early this morning.
Dunno when I'll here anything back but hopefully it will help me figure out what's wrong.
Of course once I get my first paycheck I can stop the driving for money, which I think has caused a large part of the problem.
"Brain Makes My Math Hurt" - me

"Eeyore is my Totem Animal" - me

"Pants are overrated!" - me

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 08, 2019, 01:27:02 AM »
(((((((((Renmonster)))))))))))))
I hope it really helps (the MRI) and excellent about the job. Let us know how it's going  :).
Missing you, Md 

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 08, 2019, 01:39:16 AM »
I agree, but I've only read a few things in reddit. It's fine, but this is better.
I don't have any social network account, but sometimes I use hubby's, mostly for reading but very occasionally for posting something.

In another topic (I know this should be in "media", but as we were talking...) are you watching "True Detective", season 3?
Not yet. Is TD3 worth it? 1st season was amazing, the next season was so disappointing that killed much of my interest.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 08, 2019, 02:25:21 AM »
I agree, but so far, season 1 is good. I am specially amazed with the make-up effects for elder people (The story happens in three times: 1980, 1990 and 2015)-
Missing you, Md 

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
  • Screw your courage to the sticking place...
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 08, 2019, 08:00:49 PM »

Hey! There is nothing wrong with like Redheads -_- .

I've never read...or for that matter even seen an Alpha Flight Comic. That's kind of weird. I was always more of a Batman guy anyway, but still.

@Dina: I'm glad it made you laugh Di-Di n_n . And I thought about checking out that Disney song too XD .

@WF: You forgot to mention that a site like this also dosn't spy on you and sell all your personal information to 3rd parties.

@Ren: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8Hp7U03drs n_nd .
Rest Well Mdodd, and Please Watch over Us...

Relinquo spes totus ye quisnam penetro hic...

Strong like bull, smart like tractor, smooth like brick - smell like goat!

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 08, 2019, 10:08:26 PM »
(((Otlan)))
Speaking of Disney, I saw Mary Poppins returns. It's fine but it seems as if they tried to do the same movie (with a minor changes) and that was, IMHO, a bad decision. That said, Emily Blunt is a treasure. She is not Julie Andrews, I concede, but she is great.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 10, 2019, 02:04:32 AM »
Maen all :)
I wanted to see it Dina. Should I save my time?
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير