Author Topic: Another Weird for the Weird folk  (Read 369895 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Another Weird for the Weird folk
« Reply #165 on: January 16, 2019, 03:43:46 AM »
I thought the same, and I only could read a little about it as I was busy at the moment. Apparently they create a mini-environment with oxigen and such and they are essaying it (the environment itself). They are evaluating if it supports the temperature changes and if it has no filtrations or such. So, it's a very, very early first step, but it's something. It began growing quite fast, which is a good sign.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline RSL

• Participant
  • I ink, therefore I am.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 16, 2019, 04:18:11 AM »
Reading one version of the report now. Absolutely cool.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-46873526
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch you must first create the universe." - Carl Sagan

suus 'semper aliquid

Dance With The Universe, md.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 16, 2019, 04:23:36 AM »
Hopefully we will have a diet of fries in the moon  :)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline RSL

• Participant
  • I ink, therefore I am.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 16, 2019, 11:39:45 AM »
Moon Fries!
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch you must first create the universe." - Carl Sagan

suus 'semper aliquid

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 16, 2019, 06:39:32 PM »
Sounds great, right?
I want that astronauts, some day, are able to eat croissants in the moon. So perfect.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
  • Screw your courage to the sticking place...
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 16, 2019, 11:30:31 PM »
*escapes the hug by half an inch and frantically searches his memory for the location of his silver dagger*
Maen everyone. Still windy and sandy here, but on the positive side, a great (if slighlty sandy) BBQ today.

*Grabs ya by the scruff of the neck and pulls you back into the Hug* Get over here ya goof XD . And that's only Inharited Silver, so unless you got that dagger from your Grandma, just enjoy the Hug XD .

Speaking of exciting news, I'm gonna be hosting a Game Night at my local Libary where I hopfully and finally get to play my DnD game XD ! Well, I'll be DMing, but still, whish me luck guys n_n !

*Reminds myself to read the report later.*
Rest Well Mdodd, and Please Watch over Us...

Relinquo spes totus ye quisnam penetro hic...

Strong like bull, smart like tractor, smooth like brick - smell like goat!

Offline RSL

• Participant
  • I ink, therefore I am.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 17, 2019, 05:35:29 AM »
Good luck, Otlan. :)

suus 'semper aliquid

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 17, 2019, 05:07:22 PM »
Awesome, Otlan! Good luck!
Missing you, Md 

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 17, 2019, 11:10:16 PM »
Good luck!
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Ren

• Seriously?
  • AKA: Renmonster The Horgymeister
    • View Profile
    • The Forbidden Dojo 3-D Art
« Reply #174 on: January 18, 2019, 07:26:39 PM »
*waves*
In good news I have a job, doesn't start until 2/11.
Bad news it wasn't the job I wanted and pay is $2.50 less and it s a good 25-30 minute drive to get to it.
But I have a phone interview this afternoon for a different Job at a company I've been wanting to work at for a few years now.
Pay is better and it's maybe 15 minutes from where I live now.

In the meantime I've been doing deliveries for a local company called "Favor", mostly restaurant runs for lazy people and/or people
who just do not want to fight local traffic (Which is fairly bad especially at beginning and end of day). Unfortunately it means I've put
nearly 900 mile son my car since I started it and the leg I broke last year seems to not have healed fully and all the driving seems to
have over-stressed it so I've had to cut back on the driving, which means less money.

Humorously I am apparently one of the more prolific drivers and have been invited to the local HQ to do a video interview and learn
a little more about the company. Also humorously this is the same company where I've applied twice for 2 different internal, non-driving
positions and gotten rejected without even an interview....8P

Still, despite everything I've been through recently, I am still here and alive...8)
"Brain Makes My Math Hurt" - me

"Eeyore is my Totem Animal" - me

"Pants are overrated!" - me

Offline RSL

• Participant
  • I ink, therefore I am.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 18, 2019, 10:35:09 PM »
Hmmm, let's see ...

Congrats on the job that doesn't start yet ... sorry about the less pay ... good luck with the interview you've probably already done for the job that's a little closer w/ better pay ... sorry to hear about the leg and the traffic ... nice that the company that didn't recognize you before now humorously does for your prolific driving skills ... did I leave anything out?

Oh yeah ... I'm back ... again.

RSL

suus 'semper aliquid

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
  • Screw your courage to the sticking place...
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 18, 2019, 11:50:53 PM »
Congrats on getting a Job Ren n_n ! Fingers crossed you get the better one though xn_nx ! Sorry about the Bum leg, but nice on the Irony that the job that rejected you is now honnoring you n_n .

I had one person show up at my game night at the libary, all because of fear mongering about this Snow Storm we're supposed to get 20 feet of Snow from -_- . Some days, ya just can't win.
Rest Well Mdodd, and Please Watch over Us...

Relinquo spes totus ye quisnam penetro hic...

Strong like bull, smart like tractor, smooth like brick - smell like goat!

Offline RSL

• Participant
  • I ink, therefore I am.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 19, 2019, 12:37:50 PM »
I had one person show up at my game night at the libary, all because of fear mongering about this Snow Storm we're supposed to get 20 feet of Snow from -_- . Some days, ya just can't win.

Sorry to hear that, Otlan. Hope it doesn't put you off from trying again. :)

suus 'semper aliquid

Offline Doroga's Cousin

• Needs A Life
  • Not sure if Correct
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 19, 2019, 02:46:31 PM »
Hi guys. :) Finally found my copy of Changes, and as I reread the past  5 or so books the more I become convinced the Mothers are More Than They Appear.
Is it just me or is it getting a little solipsistic in here?

Offline Ren

• Seriously?
  • AKA: Renmonster The Horgymeister
    • View Profile
    • The Forbidden Dojo 3-D Art
« Reply #179 on: January 19, 2019, 10:26:50 PM »
Yeah that about sums it up RSL...lol
Welcome Back!
I've also got lines on 2 other potential jobs, either of which I would take over the one I have (that has not yet started),
mainly because they pay more ($2.50 to $5.50 more!) but at least 1 is at a company I've actually been trying to get into for a
few years because I've heard great things about working there and its growing rapidly so plenty of advancement opportunities.
So here's hoping for even better news soon!
"Brain Makes My Math Hurt" - me

"Eeyore is my Totem Animal" - me

"Pants are overrated!" - me