Author Topic: Another Weird for the Weird folk  (Read 366720 times)

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
  • Screw your courage to the sticking place...
    • View Profile
Re: Another Weird for the Weird folk
« Reply #135 on: January 10, 2019, 10:01:49 PM »
You know, it's a funny thing. I went through the member list and neither one of my old names - RSL or Squidly - survived the move to this new site. So, apparently I didn't need to make up a new name, I could have used either one of my old ones. Wish I'd known that ahead of time.  :(

*Pat-Pat*
Rest Well Mdodd, and Please Watch over Us...

Relinquo spes totus ye quisnam penetro hic...

Strong like bull, smart like tractor, smooth like brick - smell like goat!

Offline RSL

• Participant
  • I ink, therefore I am.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 10, 2019, 10:39:10 PM »
*Pat-Pat*

;D *chuckles*  Thanks, Otlan.  :) I wasn't really talking to anyone in particular, though you did happen to be here at the time. I was talking to everyone and no one, mostly. Sorta talking to myself ... ruminating, so to speak. But, what the heck ... it gets me one post closer to getting my avatar back.  ;)
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch you must first create the universe." - Carl Sagan

suus 'semper aliquid

Dance With The Universe, md.

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 10, 2019, 10:41:45 PM »
;D *chuckles*  Thanks, Otlan.  :) I wasn't really talking to anyone in particular, though you did happen to be here at the time. I was talking to everyone and no one, mostly. Sorta talking to myself ... ruminating, so to speak. But, what the heck ... it gets me one post closer to getting my avatar back.  ;)

Welcome Squidly n_n . If it helps, just think of me as your imaginary frined XD .

Also, can anyone help me kill this Earworm? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp5Cj_FzxKU

Offline RSL

• Participant
  • I ink, therefore I am.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 10, 2019, 10:55:07 PM »
Can't help you with the earworm, I'm afraid, though maybe this might lessen the pain a little.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic87SfqQAAM

Hope I did that right. It's been a while since I tried this here.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 11:02:20 PM by Admiral Squidly »
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch you must first create the universe." - Carl Sagan

suus 'semper aliquid

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 11, 2019, 03:52:51 AM »
RSL, send a PM to Griffyn, he is the new owner. He could change your name to the original one.

And good maen everyone!
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline RSL

• Participant
  • I ink, therefore I am.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 11, 2019, 06:19:41 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion.  :) Sent the message, so now we'll see what happens.

suus 'semper aliquid

Offline RSL

• Participant
  • I ink, therefore I am.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 11, 2019, 06:44:41 PM »
Well, as you can see, it worked.  :D  Woo hoo!  ;D ;D

suus 'semper aliquid

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 11, 2019, 08:04:47 PM »
Can't help you with the earworm, I'm afraid, though maybe this might lessen the pain a little.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic87SfqQAAM

Hope I did that right. It's been a while since I tried this here.

Much, much better, thank you RSL XD !

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 11, 2019, 08:25:44 PM »
So, I have a question, what the F**k is it with parents? What is it, that makes them think they're kid(s) are not constantly worrying about the future? What is it that makes them feel the need to remind they're kids that they're not going to be around forever? To be little they're kid, and they're efforts toward trying to get they're life on track? What is it that makes them feel the need to constantly point out they're kids shortcomeings and failures?

Let me share some info with you parents. Your kids are constantly thinking about and considering they're future. They're also reminded of every single day of they're failures, especially if they are nerumoures and spread out over the course of your kids life and have led them to the rock bottom pit they currently find themselves in, when they get up and look in the mirror. Your kid knows that your days on this earth are numbered, it also reminds them that they're days on this earth are numbered and that they don't have a lot of time to acomplish anything on this earth themselves. You know what all this stuff dose? It creates an ugodly amount of stress on your kid, stress that they must then bury down deep within themselves, least the people of this world think them a F**king nut job and lock them up or it kills them out right.

What your kid dose not need, is you, they're parent comeing along, yelling at them that they don't have they're life together. They do not need you comeing along, poiting out they're failures and starting shit with them, adding and compunding to the stress that is slowly killing them by inches.

There is no Mauneal, no Guide Book for this Life and this ever changeing, ever shifting world that want's nothing more then to swallow your kid whole, grind them up and spit them back out again. If you are not going to help your kid, if your not going to try to be they're guideing force, if all your going to do is compound and add to they problems, then please, I urge you, stay the F**k out of they're lifes and stay the F**k out of they're way, because if all your going to be is part of the problem, then they don't need you.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 11, 2019, 08:46:40 PM »
Otlan, your family just come from the hardest proof of the fact that the parents days on this Earth are numbered. Perhaps your dad is not coping very well with that. Perhaps he is afraid of his own mortality and feeling a failure himself? I know it's hard, but try to speak with him about how you feel.

In any case, (((((((((((((((Otlan)))))))))))

Well, as you can see, it worked.  :D  Woo hoo!  ;D ;D
Yay!!  :D
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 08:48:44 PM by Dina »
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 11, 2019, 09:32:21 PM »
Otlan, your family just come from the hardest proof of the fact that the parents days on this Earth are numbered. Perhaps your dad is not coping very well with that. Perhaps he is afraid of his own mortality and feeling a failure himself? I know it's hard, but try to speak with him about how you feel.

In any case, (((((((((((((((Otlan)))))))))))
Yay!!  :D

I know how he's feeling Dina, that's why I havn't snapped back at him in anger, no matter how badly I want to. I know he's hurting, because I'm hurting, even if I don't show it, because I have to be strong. Because I can't afford to brake down and fall to pices.

You know where I was when I got the call from my dad saying my mom was uncouncious and not likely to ever wake up again? I was at home, along, takeing care of the chickens because my dad had to take her back out to Ohio because she's developed a staff infection. That was the last time I saw her, and she looked like she was on death's door then. About a week and some complications later, I get a call from my dad saying she's not comeing back, saying I need to say goodbye. So I did, I said goodbye to her unconcioues body, and that was the last time I spoke to her. A few days later, she died. My sister flew out there to be with my dad, they were with her. They got to say goodbye. I was takeing care of a bunch of braindead chickens.

You tell me to talk to him, but I am so damn sick and tired of talking Dina. I am sick of my words falling on Def Ears, both litteraly and figuratively. All I want is to get on with my life. I'm not strong enough to support my father, I can barely keep myself together.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 12, 2019, 05:06:18 AM »
All right, Otlan. I will sent you a PM, but it will probably be quite long, so I need some time for writing it. Meanwhile ((((((((((((((Otlan))))))))))
Missing you, Md 

Offline Ren

• Seriously?
  • AKA: Renmonster The Horgymeister
    • View Profile
    • The Forbidden Dojo 3-D Art
« Reply #147 on: January 12, 2019, 10:41:49 PM »
((((((tiredhugsforall)))))
"Brain Makes My Math Hurt" - me

"Eeyore is my Totem Animal" - me

"Pants are overrated!" - me

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 13, 2019, 03:09:18 AM »
(((((((renmonster)))))))))
Missing you, Md 

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 14, 2019, 06:45:28 PM »
*GRATEBIGWEREWOLFHUGSFORALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*