Author Topic: Another Weird for the Weird folk  (Read 366744 times)

Offline FireWorks

• Posty McPostington
  • On the lookout for minions.
    • View Profile
Re: Another Weird for the Weird folk
« Reply #105 on: December 31, 2018, 06:59:52 AM »
"As of December 27th, 2018, the current draft of the novel is up to chapter 39. Progress!"

That is what we know so far.
Now there's some nice news! :) That makes me optimistic. Our man is beast of a writer once he has the wind on his sail.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 31, 2018, 07:02:06 AM »
(((((FW))))))!! How are you?

Well, December is the beginning of Summer in the Southern Hemisphere. According to the latitude it will be warmer or not. This year, in my city, the beginning of December has been quite mild, but near the end of it, it's a lot hotter. Saturday has been very hot (and Friday and Thursday quite hot, but not as much as Saturday). Then a storm came and now it's not so hot. We will see what happens for the last night of the year.

And yes, all of us who read Christmas' Eve spoiled ourselves. Perhaps Otlan got the right idea, waiting.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline FireWorks

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 31, 2018, 07:18:34 AM »

Well, December is the beginning of Summer in the Southern Hemisphere. According to the latitude it will be warmer or not. This year, in my city, the beginning of December has been quite mild, but near the end of it, it's a lot hotter. Saturday has been very hot (and Friday and Thursday quite hot, but not as much as Saturday). Then a storm came and now it's not so hot. We will see what happens for the last night of the year.

And yes, all of us who read Christmas' Eve spoiled ourselves. Perhaps Otlan got the right idea, waiting.
I'm well thank you! :) How are you?!!
I just got my house fully powered by solar panels, so I'm feeling particularly happy!
Currently reading the Gormenghast trilogy, I can't believe I missed this masterpiece till now.

There are a lot of storms lately. I don't recall hearing about so many growing up...

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 31, 2018, 07:23:55 AM »
I am very well, thank you. And that is awesome about the solar panels!

I don't know what the Gormenghast trilogy is. I am watching a Netflix show called "Diablero". It's about a demon hunter in México city (present day). It's a Mexican show, only 8 episodes so far (I've just finished watching the fifth)

Oh, storms are not rare in Buenos Aires. If I compare my childhood with now, perhaps it is somewhat rainy but not that much. Temperature has definitely risen though.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline FireWorks

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 31, 2018, 07:32:42 AM »
I am very well, thank you. And that is awesome about the solar panels!

I don't know what the Gormenghast trilogy is. I am watching a Netflix show called "Diablero". It's about a demon hunter in México city (present day). It's a Mexican show, only 8 episodes so far (I've just finished watching the fifth)

Oh, storms are not rare in Buenos Aires. If I compare my childhood with now, perhaps it is somewhat rainy but not that much. Temperature has definitely risen though.
The Gormenghast series is set of fantasy books written by during the Lord of the Rings era, so it is pretty old. It is very very weird (no pun intended!), inspired many popular tropes, and is very well written.
Just googled "Diablero", seems quite interesting. Wonder if the have an english subbed version.

Just completed the 5th season of Vikings on Netflix, loved that series. I'm beginning to wonder if it is worth continuing my Netflix subscription, I keep it only for "Stranger Things", but it's just so expensive. There are so many cheaper alternatives lately.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 31, 2018, 07:44:28 AM »
I love my Netflix  :). And to be honest is not that expensive.

My "diablero" is available in several languages including English. I watch it in the original Spanish, of course, which reminds me the time I spent in México. It's not great but I find it entertaining.

I have not "really" seen Vikings but hubby did (3 seasons so far, I believe) and I watched some of the episodes with him, not paying much attention. I knew a few of the main characters but I don't know if they are in the new seasons too. 
Missing you, Md 

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
  • Screw your courage to the sticking place...
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 02, 2019, 10:14:23 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy8YIxD0GY0
Rest Well Mdodd, and Please Watch over Us...

Relinquo spes totus ye quisnam penetro hic...

Strong like bull, smart like tractor, smooth like brick - smell like goat!

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 02, 2019, 10:16:30 PM »
((((Otlan))))

Well done. I've seen a reader suggested that Christmas' Eve was included as a PT epilogue. Priscellie liked the idea and said she will ask Jim about that.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 02, 2019, 10:19:27 PM »
Well me and my frined had fun on New Years Day n_n . We went and had Arbby's, then we went and saw Mortal Engines. I gotta say, hell of a lot better movie then I thought it was going to be XD . I was very impressed with it n_n . There was one charcter in it in perticuler that I really liked n_n .

@Dina: *Huggles back* It's a tallent, what can I say XD .

That'd be a neat idea I think n_n . Sort of a nice little bounes story after alls said and done n_n .

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 02, 2019, 10:34:09 PM »
What is Arbby's?
I saw ME trailer and I think it looked good. I won't be watching it soon though, but I will watch Bumblebee this Friday  :)

It has been another hot day today, again rain (but not storm) helped a lot.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 02, 2019, 11:27:57 PM »
What is Arbby's?
I saw ME trailer and I think it looked good. I won't be watching it soon though, but I will watch Bumblebee this Friday  :)

It has been another hot day today, again rain (but not storm) helped a lot.

I spelled it wrong, go figure XD . https://arbys.com

It was a grate movie, I higly recomened it n_n . I thought about going to see Bumblebee, but ehhhhh, kind of got sick of transformers after Revenge of the fallen -_- . Let me know how it is Di-Di.

*Hugs* Sorry it's so hot -_- .

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 02, 2019, 11:34:24 PM »
They say the Bumblebee movie is different to the other Transformers' ones, I will see.
Well, I didn't know Arby's either, so spelling hardly matters this time. It seems like a good place to enjoy some yummies, and I hope you had a very good time.

Ot, I've been thinking in your RPG. Don't you want to just begin the battle? I am sure people wants to join!
Missing you, Md 

Offline Doroga's Cousin

• Needs A Life
  • Not sure if Correct
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 04, 2019, 03:23:53 AM »
Well me and my frined had fun on New Years Day n_n . We went and had Arbby's, then we went and saw Mortal Engines. I gotta say, hell of a lot better movie then I thought it was going to be XD . I was very impressed with it n_n . There was one charcter in it in perticuler that I really liked n_n .

@Dina: *Huggles back* It's a tallent, what can I say XD .

That'd be a neat idea I think n_n . Sort of a nice little bounes story after alls said and done n_n .
I feel like that isn't that hard, because if you're anything like me your expectations for that movie were so low you could probably trip over the bar. :P

And honestly, about Christmas Eve, it just made me want to read more Dresden. I've reread Dead Beat, Skin Game, Cold Days, Small Favor and Turn Coat recently. The ending to Turn Coat hit me a lot harder than it did in the past because I feel more sympathy for Morgan.
Edit: But I can't find my copy of Changes anywhere, which means it's probably in the boxes in the garage I haven't unpacked because I can't get to them. I need it.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 03:25:40 AM by Doroga's Cousin »
Is it just me or is it getting a little solipsistic in here?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 04, 2019, 01:55:09 PM »
((((DC)))) Well, you will need to do some digging.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 04, 2019, 08:44:14 PM »
They say the Bumblebee movie is different to the other Transformers' ones, I will see.
Well, I didn't know Arby's either, so spelling hardly matters this time. It seems like a good place to enjoy some yummies, and I hope you had a very good time.

Ot, I've been thinking in your RPG. Don't you want to just begin the battle? I am sure people wants to join!

Eh, it seemed a lot more cartoony, which bugged me a bit -_- . Like you said, we'll see.

@Dina:I would Love to, beleive me, these days I'm itching to punch something. The problem is lack of people. I don't want to start something that isn't going to get finished...on the other hand, if we start it, maby that'll get people more active....*Goes to kick my rusted brain into thinking mode.*

@DC: I've tripped over thin air before, so that's quite possible XD . But like I said, it turned out to be a grate movie n_n . Now I just have to find the book and compare.

As for you finding your book: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz-8CSa9xj8