Author Topic: Another Weird for the Weird folk  (Read 366730 times)

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
  • Screw your courage to the sticking place...
    • View Profile
Re: Another Weird for the Weird folk
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2018, 04:20:31 PM »
*here you go Otlan*
Also, there's a monstrous connoction that my mother used to make me when I had a cold, and I kept up the tradition: Cinnamon sticks boiled for 10 minutes, add ginger (boil for 5 minutes if whole root, don't boil if its ground), some guava leaves (boil for 10 minutes). Leave it to cool a bit and add some sugar/honey and drink a cup every few hours.
*cackles maniacly and rubs his hands together. Tremble all ye poor fools who'd ever dare try this potion, for it is not for the faint of heart.Or for the strong of heart, for that matter.

*Takes the tea and bows* Arigato Fcrate-san n_n .
That actually sounds pretty good, if a bit on the hot side XD . I have to admit, I've never tried Guava leaves before, but I have had fried Yucca(?) Which is WAAAAAAAY better then french fries XD .
Rest Well Mdodd, and Please Watch over Us...

Relinquo spes totus ye quisnam penetro hic...

Strong like bull, smart like tractor, smooth like brick - smell like goat!

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2018, 07:53:50 PM »
 :o
I am not such a fan of yucca.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2018, 02:30:10 AM »
The name speaks for itself :|
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2018, 03:48:30 AM »
 :D
How is everybody doing? I am getting ready for next weekend, because this one is not enough for me  :P (next weekend will be long thanks to Trump and other world leaders)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline LavinChen

• Needs A Life
  • FABRICATE DIEM, PVNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2018, 11:42:13 AM »
Hi, ((Dina)). I had a very lazy week-end, being a couch potato and watching Sherlock Holmes with Jeremy Brett..
Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness. -Terry Pratchett

I love finger sandwiches. The distal phalanges have such a nice, delicate crunch.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2018, 01:52:39 PM »
Great weekend! I have never seen that SH.
I spend most of the weekend waiting to see if the final match of the Libertadores Cup was going to happen (it didn't). It was supposed to be at 17 of the Saturday, but the fans threw stones to the bus of one of the teams, hurt a couple of players, and then the circus began. We play at 18, not, we play at 19:15, no we play on Sunday. But finally it didn't happen.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Don

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2018, 06:47:33 PM »
The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.
Don is the Prince of Anarchy  :P

Please excuse my grammar, and speling.

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2018, 08:07:29 PM »
The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.

That's the last time I use a Bulshavic Muppet XD ! *Hugs* Hey ya Don n_n .

@Dina and Fcrate: I had my resavations too, but then I tried them, and they were damn good ^o,^ ...

Offline Tami Seven

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2018, 07:35:31 PM »
Good to see there is still activity going on. Until the next book comes out, there isn't much DF left to talk about.
War Cry -
"Thomas doesn't fight back, not even for an instant. In the end, it's not common sense that pulls me back from the brink, or even fear of being devoured by the Shoggoth....It's the look of unshakeable trust in my Brother's eyes, even as my hands tighten around his throat."

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2018, 07:47:03 PM »
Good maen everyone!
I know, Tami  :'(

I was happy to see Don was here  :)

Otlan, thanks for the info about the games. And I found yucca quite meh. It's relatively common in the North East of my country.

I was delighted to hear that the InSight finally did a good Mars landing and it is sending pictures. I am always amazed by that kind of things. I know this is a USA milestone but I still think it's an achievement of humanity, as I am sure the NASA team had people from several nations. People is beginning to talk about actually going to Mars, and it is so exciting!
Missing you, Md 

Offline Tami Seven

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2018, 09:26:02 PM »
Good maen everyone!

Otlan, thanks for the info about the games. And I found yucca quite meh. It's relatively common in the North East of my country.

I was delighted to hear that the InSight finally did a good Mars landing and it is sending pictures. I am always amazed by that kind of things. I know this is a USA milestone but I still think it's an achievement of humanity, as I am sure the NASA team had people from several nations. People is beginning to talk about actually going to Mars, and it is so exciting!

I agree about inSight. It's going to send back some amazing scientific data.
War Cry -
"Thomas doesn't fight back, not even for an instant. In the end, it's not common sense that pulls me back from the brink, or even fear of being devoured by the Shoggoth....It's the look of unshakeable trust in my Brother's eyes, even as my hands tighten around his throat."

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2018, 09:48:01 PM »
Of course, hard data are going to be great. But also, they send illusions, things for children to dream of. I mean, I am sure some of the children watching the pictures and reading the articles about InSight (and about other missions, to Mars and everywhere, like Rosetta and all that) are dreaming to grow up to work in NASA. And not only as astronauts, some would like to build the rovers, being in the mission control, things like that.

Challenger put a serious pause to the space race but at least it seems that something is moving again.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2018, 09:06:50 PM »
Good maen everyone!

Anytime Di-Di n_n . Well Yucca isn't as common here in the US. Sadly shortly after I tried them, the Mexcican resturant that served them were I live closed up -_- .

Ehhhh, I'm not so sure humans should go to Mars. I mean, we can't even take care of this one, should we really be screwing up another one?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2018, 03:32:48 AM »
That is right, I've been wondering the same, to be honest.

Well, I don't have to go back to my job until Monday, which is great (I will have to work from home though)
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2018, 06:58:19 AM »
Anytime Di-Di n_n . Well Yucca isn't as common here in the US. Sadly shortly after I tried them, the Mexcican resturant that served them were I live closed up -_- .

Ehhhh, I'm not so sure humans should go to Mars. I mean, we can't even take care of this one, should we really be screwing up another one?
Think of it as practice makes perfect. We ruined Earth, the first attempt. Mars will be better, but still ruined, maybe in 2666  we'll make Tatooine a better place. :D
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير