Author Topic: Another Weird for the Weird folk  (Read 366958 times)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Another Weird for the Weird folk
« Reply #960 on: September 20, 2019, 11:18:22 PM »
@Fcrate:
Speaking of feathers! There is another fun story. Few years ago I was coming home from work. The first thing I noticed was the trail of feathers leading from the cat's door to the living room. Fluffy feathers everywhere. The whole floor of the room was covered with feathers. And in the middle:
A dead mouse...
Magic? Or did the mouse try to be a bird and got caught trying to fly?
The tom-cat on the sofa didn't tell me.
So I removed the mouse, got the vacuum cleaner and started to clean up.
Then I found the bird. It was a small bird (a finch?) and still had a lot of feathers which surprised me and was not hurt. Nothing I could see. It just got scared because I made so much noise. I managed to catch it and put it on the balcony to be save from the cats. Got it some water. It stayed there for an hour then tried to fly but couldn't very well. So it landed in the grass where one of my cats was walking (coincidence). She finally ate the bird.
Sad end but funny story. The bird wouldn't have survived anyway without his important feathers. Poor thing.

Do the cats actually eat the pigeons completely? If yes, how big are the cats?
Bella once wanted to hunt a crow, but had to realize that the danger outweighed the fun. ;)

Other topic:

And I can't sleep. Why can't I sleep? Tomorrow or more like today I have to be concentrated. My choir is going to sing some gospels in front of the town hall. And we didn't sing them since July! This is going to be either funny or embarrassing. It's a village. Everybody knows us there. Uaaaah! Please wish me luck. :)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 11:40:44 PM by Regenbogen »

Online Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: September 21, 2019, 12:13:11 AM »
Hah! Ultimate bad luck. I remember helping 3 birds that fell into our yard when I was a kid, over the period of 5 years. One had a broken wing, one had some stomach infection (and it was declawed) and the third was shot down with a BB gun. All pretty birds, so I kept them in the house, no cages though, and they never flew away. Sometimes when my mother was hanging the laundry they'd fly around for a while, but they'd always come back and drive my grandfather crazy with perching on his head while he's dozing. (Remove that cursed thing from my head). Lucky for them, I didn't have cats.
As for the pigeons, yes they eat it whole, bones and everything, maybe leaving out the breast bone. But only one of them is clever and patient enough to hunt them. It weighs about 6 kg on a good day, but never less than 4.5 kg, and that's while it's in heat.
Good luck tomorrow, and look at it this way: Either way, you'll provide the town with some entertainment!
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: September 21, 2019, 12:35:48 AM »
Thank you.
Yes, that's true. Someone once told me, that the last song has to be the best. This is the one people will remember the most. We can do that. It's an old one, we've been singing for almost 20 years. One of the first songs I learned in this choir. And I get to sing the solo part.
And the solo part in the first song. Maybe that's why I can't find sleep.

And wow. 6 kg is huge. My biggest tom-cat had 5. Cute little Bella is very tiny, you can feel all her ribs and sometimes see them. She has about 2,5 kg at the most. She can eat about 2 small mice. A pigeon would last her for 2-3 days if she would store it in the fridge.  ;D

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: September 21, 2019, 05:46:52 AM »
Good luck, Regen! And I was sad for your story but at laughed at first, when you encountered the mouse among the feathers.

Tonight, after dinner I went to stay in bed a little as my back hurt. I was not intending to sleep but of course I dozed a little...and I swear I've felt that the last cat I had (who died many years ago) was sleeping with me and purring. It was very vivid and it felt so good for a moment...That was before reading all the posts about cats here, so I was not influenced.

Sorry about repeating advices, Fcrate.

Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: September 21, 2019, 06:41:20 AM »
@Dina
Feeling the cat, thats sad but beautiful. I know what you mean. I can feel them too sometimes. As if they were not truly gone.
Hope your back is better now.

Having breakfast now. I'll tell you how it went today. We will start at noon pretending to be a flashmob.  8) Oh look, there's a piano and look, someone's playing. And look there is a microphone. Why don't I just take it and sing a bit... and so on. Though everybody knows we are doing this. May be funny. So I have to bring a shopping bag and pretend to be a Saturday noon shopper.  ;)

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #965 on: September 21, 2019, 06:54:09 AM »
It is much better, thank you. And thanks for understanding about my cat.

And that sounds like a lot of fun! I am sure it will work great-

Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: September 21, 2019, 12:51:23 PM »
Hello, everybody. I'm back.  :)
It was great. We were allowed to rehearse each song in the church before meeting outside the town hall. There were some minor mistakes, but I don't think anyone noticed.
The sun was shining and there were about 100 people listening. They even donated a lot.
I think we made a lot of people happy. Feels nice to do some good.

After that we were eating pizza and ice cream.

Now I'm going to teach my little one how to drive a bike. Hope she is as eager as I am. Or maybe better Papa has to be the teacher. We'll see.

Online Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: September 21, 2019, 01:43:47 PM »
Glad you had fun Regen. How old is your girl?
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: September 21, 2019, 01:58:44 PM »
She's 5 ½. We already tried last year and this summer but she was still too small to reach the ground. Now she has grown a bit. It's easier when they can put their feet on the ground for safety. She is very careful and doesn't want to get hurt.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #969 on: September 21, 2019, 09:13:47 PM »
I am very happy to hear all was great, Regen. And pizza and ice cream sounds perfect.
Today it's Spring Day here, and young people (specially high schoolers) filled the parks to do picnics and have fun. It was a sunny, wonderful day. I feel happy for them.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: September 23, 2019, 07:35:19 AM »
Spring Day sounds nice.  :) They are enjoying the beginning of spring?

Here in Bavaria Oktoberfest just started although it's still September. It always starts in September.
The procession was yesterday. My marching band was there, too. We do that every two years. But this year I had to stay at home, because my knee hurts too much. I couldn't walk 8 km carrying my heavy instrument. So I watched them on TV.
Actually I have to admit, I was quite glad, I couldn't go. September's always so many things to do. It was nice just to stay at home for once and be lazy.
I used the time to read.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #971 on: September 23, 2019, 11:30:48 AM »
Using the time for read, perfect!  :)

In my country, Spring Day is also Student's day. That means that high-schoolers and college students have the day off to enjoy themselves and celebrate their fellowships. Traditionally it is celebrated with pic-nics and outdoor activities on the daytime and sometimes, specially for the older ones, dinner or hang outs at night. The last part was specially important this year because it was on a Saturday, so everybody could enjoy the night as much as they wanted.
Quite often it is a rainy, bad day but this year was ideal.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: September 23, 2019, 04:16:18 PM »
That's great. So the students were very lucky this year.

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
  • Screw your courage to the sticking place...
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: September 23, 2019, 04:29:58 PM »
Hey all n_n !

Glad to hear your Concernet went so well Reg n_n ! What did you guys sing? And sorry you coudn't go marching with the band, but hey, at least you got to read. What did you read.

And here, it's the first day of Autumn. It's about 80 degrees F and Overcast with a High Chance of Rain/Thunderstorms.
Rest Well Mdodd, and Please Watch over Us...

Relinquo spes totus ye quisnam penetro hic...

Strong like bull, smart like tractor, smooth like brick - smell like goat!

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: September 23, 2019, 05:40:11 PM »
Hey, Otlan.

Thank you. It was some gospels. About ½ hour.
I have finished the 9th Alex Verus book. In time for the 10th coming in October.
Currently I'm reading the new novella by Ben Aaronovitch "October Man". I considered starting in October because of the title  ;). But I didn't want to wait so long.  ;D

Here it is about 15-20°C, rainy and windy. At night it is coming near 0°C. Not long and there will be ice on the windshields of the cars in the morning.
Where are you from?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 05:43:28 PM by Regenbogen »