Author Topic: Another Weird for the Weird folk  (Read 366810 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Another Weird for the Weird folk
« Reply #495 on: April 26, 2019, 05:55:43 AM »
DC and Snow were here...

Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: April 26, 2019, 08:33:07 AM »
Snow is back, at least for the moment. Haven't quite gotten into the rhythm of when everybody is around.
 Hi Alls.
 Hmmm, orange juice is too acid for me. I like fresh squeezed apple juice. Pear juice doesn't like me. At my local market I can find a watermelon juice - which I love. Can't afford but love.
 So Weird is no longer a seven day thing? Not that I mind - just asking.
 Sigh, getting late so I'm gonna head out. All of you good Weirdlings - take care and have a great one. Huggles. 
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 08:35:37 AM by Snowleopard »

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
  • Screw your courage to the sticking place...
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: April 26, 2019, 03:47:39 PM »
Do they have gas masks that look like Bane's mask? I could go for that!

Not that I know of but that would be awsome XD ! I'm sure you could get someone to make you one though n_n .

@Dina: If my familly still made apple cider Dina, I'd happily send you a couple of jugs n_n . How was the Mulled Wine though?

@Snow: *FLYINGPOUNCETACKLEHUGGLESGLOMPSANDSNUGGLES* <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rest Well Mdodd, and Please Watch over Us...

Relinquo spes totus ye quisnam penetro hic...

Strong like bull, smart like tractor, smooth like brick - smell like goat!

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #498 on: April 27, 2019, 12:59:31 AM »
((((((((((((Snowy))))))))))))))))) how are you?
Nope, not a seven day, since the moving.

Have you seen? Jim Butcher is on chapter 60 of the draft
@Dina: If my familly still made apple cider Dina, I'd happily send you a couple of jugs n_n . How was the Mulled Wine though?

Tasty but nothing to call home about  :).

Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: April 27, 2019, 06:45:42 PM »
Maen all :D
Hmmm, orange juice is too acid for me. I like fresh squeezed apple juice. Pear juice doesn't like me. At my local market I can find a watermelon juice - which I love. Can't afford but love.
Really? Watermelon is very cheap here. But I have to admit, the idea of a juice of it is just... *shudders*. Watermelon is juicy and tasty enough on its own.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #500 on: April 27, 2019, 07:03:55 PM »
Hello!

I love watermelon juice but it is not very common here. I believe it is expensive too. But watermelon itself (the fruit)is very common. I don't know why watermelon juice is so rare.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: April 27, 2019, 07:54:54 PM »
Heyla Kiddies.
   I don't know why watermelon juice is so uncommon. Maybe because the fruit is so watery, they don't find it necessary to make a juice from it. ??? I dunno. Maybe it doesn't have a long shelf life. I know the one I get has a little lime juice in it.
  ACK - is pouncyglomped by an Ottie. Don't muss the leopard. LOL
  Good to see you again. Did you get my Xmas card?
Hi Dina, I'm hanging in and hanging on. Worrying about rent - like that's anything new. Dealing with life, the universe, and other such things.
 How's by you.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #502 on: April 27, 2019, 08:02:43 PM »
((((((((((Snowy)))))))))))))
Well, more or less like you, minus the rent part.
On the good side, we are going to watch Avengers in a couple of hours  :)

When I was in México they sell watermelon juice in a can, like a soda. But it was a little...diluted.
Missing you, Md 

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: April 27, 2019, 09:50:53 PM »
Drinking watermelon will never compete with sinking your teeth in and slurping up the juice.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: April 28, 2019, 12:02:13 AM »
Heyla Kiddies.
   I don't know why watermelon juice is so uncommon. Maybe because the fruit is so watery, they don't find it necessary to make a juice from it. ??? I dunno. Maybe it doesn't have a long shelf life. I know the one I get has a little lime juice in it.
I know that's true for me.
Drinking watermelon will never compete with sinking your teeth in and slurping up the juice.
Yes yes yesssssssslurp. I can only enjoy eating it messily; I never eat it if I'm invited to dinner.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 12:03:49 AM by Fcrate »
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #505 on: April 28, 2019, 06:20:44 AM »
I agree eating watermelon is great  :)
Missing you, Md 

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: April 29, 2019, 06:54:49 AM »
Heyla, I snuck back in. (I really don't like autocorrect - it isn't fond of my vocabulary or my use of words.) Real watermelon is good too. I just get the juice when I can because I don't want to waste anything.
 Enjoy Endgame.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #507 on: April 29, 2019, 01:38:42 PM »
Hi! I hate autocorrect too...
Thank you, I enjoyed it! I have some issues with it, but I enjoyed and it is a good ending to a wonderful arc.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
  • Screw your courage to the sticking place...
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: April 29, 2019, 04:34:33 PM »
((((((((((((Snowy))))))))))))))))) how are you?
Nope, not a seven day, since the moving.

Have you seen? Jim Butcher is on chapter 60 of the draft
Tasty but nothing to call home about  :).

Then it wasn't properly made or Done XD .

Speaking of Watermelons, I know they're pretty easy to grow. Damn things will grow in just about any enviroment, has any nere ever tried Watermelon Wine?

@Snowy: *Nuzzles, mussing your fur* Yes I did, thank you very much for it Snowy n_n <3 . I'm sorry I didn't send you one in return, but this year has got me beating my head against the proverbale wall -_- . If I don't go insane, it'll be a miracule -_- . Although I'm starting to think Insanities not such a bad thing.

On a lighter note, Saw Endgame with some frineds of mine on Saturday. Like Dina, I've got some issues with it, but all in all, it was a grate movie, very emotinal n_n .
Rest Well Mdodd, and Please Watch over Us...

Relinquo spes totus ye quisnam penetro hic...

Strong like bull, smart like tractor, smooth like brick - smell like goat!

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #509 on: April 29, 2019, 05:49:15 PM »
Good maen everyone!

Then it wasn't properly made or Done XD .

Probably   :). I liked it anyways.

Speaking of Watermelons, I know they're pretty easy to grow. Damn things will grow in just about any enviroment, has any nere ever tried Watermelon Wine?

Not me. I remember once watching a cooking show they mentioned watermelon vinegar and I thought  "mm, if they have vinegar, perhaps they can make wine". But I've never seen watermelon wine (or vinegar) here.
Missing you, Md