Author Topic: Another Weird for the Weird folk  (Read 366568 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Another Weird for the Weird folk
« Reply #1590 on: May 01, 2020, 11:30:20 PM »
Good maen,everyone!
So far, all is good. We have sent the students some problems to do beforehand (for instance, we have 10 problems (exercises) to do in an specific class, so we assigned one to each student (of course, more than one student received the same problem). And we have a forum where they could post their doubts and questions and we answered them as soon as we could. And the day of the Zoom class, they showed us and their classmates what they have done. I am happy because they actually did it and all went well. We teachers gave explanations and did a few "model problems" and of course, we answered the questions.

Next week we have some practice in computers, which I guess will be easier with the virtual modality than in person. I'll let you know how it goes.

Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: May 13, 2020, 02:59:34 PM »
Good maen!
I did it!!! I coloured part of my hair blue. LOL.
Btw a colleague remembered me having green hair. Then I remembered, too that I did that twice. Only the first time in school, it wasn't on purpose.
I didn't want to do that to my whole hair, because I would have to bleach it completely and I'm not running around with peroxide blond hair. Looks funny, when you turn red in the face. LOL

The nightshift week was good. Or at least it wasn't bad, but I'm still glad, it's over. It is very exhausting working 7 nights and then the jet-lag after week.

My big kid is allowed to go to school again since monday. They are doing it in shifts with the other 4th grade class. Only 3 school hours a day. That's 3 times 45 minutes here. One class is starting at 7:45, the other at 10:25. And they have to use the back entrance. The next week it will be the other way around.
She is a bit sad, because her teacher won't be coming back, because she is quite old and not healthy. Hers would have been the last class she taught anyway. It will be like this until the end of the school year end of July.
At least the class didn't have to be splitted, because they are already a splitted class of 15 children since 3rd grade.

I'm now emotionally ready to listen to Changes, so I started yesterday. Oh my, Marsters is awesome.

I have attached a picture of the in part blue hair. I would have liked it darker, but it's OK so. ;D
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 03:11:08 PM by Regenbogen »

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: May 13, 2020, 04:22:46 PM »
Oh Regen, your hair looks great   :). It is good that your nightshift is over and you can have some rest. Also awesome about your kid. We are not even dreaming with a back to school for now. Specially here in the city, because the cases in our city and closing are are rising. But most of the country is doing quite well and lockdown is slowly relaxing.

One school class is 40 minutes here.

I've been quite busy, specially because I am turning many of the things I have handwritten in paper in word or power point texts, so I can share them with my students via Zoom if they are needed. I am quite happy with the classes, my students are working well. But we are beginning to worry about the tests because of course they will be able to read the classes, talk among themselves, things like that. So our tests will be more aimed to deduce, think and explain every answer instead of just solving an excercise. We all need to adapt.

On the other hand, I've been catching up with all the Arrowverse shows and several other things. It is fun.

Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: May 16, 2020, 08:01:04 AM »
After we were through with "The Boys" and "Doom Patrol" we tried some other series. "Tales from the loop" was quite boring. "The Expanse" was OK, but somehow we didn't continue after a few episodes.
Now we are watching "Haven". That's nice. Second season now.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: May 16, 2020, 08:41:11 AM »
I liked both The Boys and Doom Patrol too! I had not seen Tales from the loop but I have a friend who has the same reaction that you, not too impressed.

When it begins, hubby and I watched the first 3 episodes of The Expanse. We never continued them.

I've been watching season 2 of The Hollow, a nice animated show. I liked it, both seasons. And it is short and easy to watch.

I've been also trying to watch (for the first time) and old season of Sleepy Hollow. Hubby abandoned it and I just...decided it was not worthy. But now that I am in quarantine, it seems a good time to try and watch it.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: May 22, 2020, 05:06:34 PM »
Hello!!! How is everybody?

I was at the library today. My older kid was practising her new way to school in September. We used our bikes. The library is nearby. They have the rule that no more than 11 people are allowed to enter. There are 11 baskets outside. Everyone who enters has to take one. If there is none left, you wait until a visitor leaves. Some shops do it like that, too.
We found Harry Potter and the cursed child in German. She can't yet read my English version. She is already half way through now :o

I'm currently listening to Cold Days, also more than half way through.

I will work the weekend, but after that, I'm on vacation.
Next week they let the pre school kids back into kindergarten. Then there will be two weeks holidays. I think, if it works well, the little one will still go to kindergarten. It has been closed for two months. There are quite complicated rules, I hope the kids manage that. It's her last year. It goes until the end of July. First grade starts in September.

And what do you think? Should we start a new thread? This one has gotten very big.
***shrugs***

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: May 23, 2020, 05:39:27 PM »
Your last comment made me so sad. I am old enough (both in age and as a forum member) to remember when Weird only lasted a week...and still often reached 100+ pages. We were such a talkative bunch at the time.  :'(
But when nostalgic is over, yes, I think we should do another thread. Would you like to open it yourself?

The basket thing is a very good idea. As we are quickly approaching what we thought would be the peak, we are not opening anything new but I still think we should go back and have stricter rules again. At least most of the country is doing quite fine. We are having most cases concentrated in our capital city, the sourrounding area, and 3 other provinces (we have 24 provinces).

I am doing a lot of work but all is going well. Cold is coming slowly but we are still having beautiful days like today. That is great  :)

Edited; And I closed this Weird version, so go to the new one, please  :D
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 03:36:04 AM by Dina »
Missing you, Md