Author Topic: Another Weird for the Weird folk  (Read 370687 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Another Weird for the Weird folk
« Reply #1545 on: April 03, 2020, 07:05:32 PM »
*feels very sad for the baby cats*  :'( :'( :'(

I think your mask looks great  :D. I don't know if they will do that, the WHO is not recommending using masks all the time. I am glad you are enjoying your garden and the weather, it is more or less like here. Today is sunny and now we have 22°C. I went out today after a couple of days. It was great to see the sun.

Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline PilgrimDan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: April 05, 2020, 12:03:56 PM »
A long distance hello.
I'm currently home sick with this swiving virus.
It kind of prompted me to pop in and say hello.

I can't promise I'll be here often, but I'm going to try.

Stay safe and stay weird.

OMG SHADES!!! ((((((((((((((((((((Shades)))))))))))))))

So good to see you here again!

Looking very gangster there, Regenbogen

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: April 05, 2020, 07:38:26 PM »
(((((((((PD))))))))))

I hope you are doing well.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline PilgrimDan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: April 05, 2020, 08:04:15 PM »
Yeah. Getting kinda bored and wondering when the shops (especially the bookshops) will open again, but hey, at least Corona-chan hasn't hugged me yet.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: April 05, 2020, 08:15:05 PM »
That is the important thing.

We have strict quarantine until Sunday 12. Then some activities will be restored. Hubby and I are not sure if we will need to go to our works or not. Classes at university will begin the same day but only in virtual way. Students won't physically go to the building until June 1st (at least, that is the current resolution)
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: April 05, 2020, 08:38:05 PM »
They have extended our not so strict quarantine until April 19th.
What's after that is still not sure. Depends on the new infection rate. The measures seem to have slowed it down a bit. And that was the goal.

Tomorrow it is my team's turn in the lab. At least I can go to work, because we are relevant for the system. The rest of the family have to stick together. Sometimes it shows. But most of the time we are at peace. You can't be alone, that's the problem. So I went out yesterday to walk alone to the river. It was nice.

In this week at home I had planed to train my violin skills, but could not do that as I pleased, because my husband had to work or it was so late, that the kids had to sleep. During daytime I was occupied with keeping the kids occupied.
And now at the end of the week, the household looks, as if nobody had done anything. But hey, nobody sees, because nobody comes. Yay!

So I just recorded some silly children's songs today and sent them to other families and to the choir to sing along. LOL

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: April 05, 2020, 08:40:28 PM »
So I just recorded some silly children's songs today and sent them to other families and to the choir to sing along. LOL

Oh that is a very good idea  :)

And take care of yourself at work. And thanks for what you are doing.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: April 05, 2020, 08:50:52 PM »
Just doing my job.
Another colleague down with the virus. But the doctor is well again. I'm very grateful.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: April 05, 2020, 08:53:49 PM »
Ah, I am glad to hear about the doctor. I hope we will find a cure soon, I now there are many studies on process.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: April 05, 2020, 08:57:31 PM »
Me too. Or at least the antibody test. Would be good to know who is already through with it and safe to work with people at risk. Or a working vaccine, but I know those take a long long time to be allowed to be used on humans.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: April 05, 2020, 08:59:09 PM »
Yes. I think the test and even a cure will be available sooner than the vaccine. In my country we are trying several things, I have hope
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: April 05, 2020, 10:26:20 PM »
Going to hug my pillow now. Stay safe, all of you and your loved ones.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: April 06, 2020, 12:27:42 AM »
Same for you, good luck at work tomorrow
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: April 09, 2020, 03:10:03 PM »
Maen everyone... Everything quiet on the eastern front.. How about you?
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline PilgrimDan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: April 09, 2020, 05:49:59 PM »
Hi guys