Author Topic: Another Weird for the Weird folk  (Read 370450 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Another Weird for the Weird folk
« Reply #1440 on: February 27, 2020, 06:25:44 AM »
((((((((DC))))))))))  :)

:D I agree about the last place but I am not so sure it is the same. I believe it is something vaguely new  age, like "when you accept yourself other people sees it" or perhaps it is the opposite, if you smell desperate for finding a mate, you scare them.

I can tell you are happy and that makes me happy too but...what is discord?

And going to bed right now. I've fallen asleep twice tonight.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: February 27, 2020, 06:09:18 PM »
Maen all!
@Dina: Three times I heard that question this week! First, I'll give the standard reply: It is a program that creates arguments and fighting between its users. :D :D It's in the name.
Second, the real answer: It's a chatting/voice chatting app that works across all platforms (android, iOS, windows, etc) and there's even a web based version that can be accessed through any browser. I sometimes use it when gaming online, but I prefer teamspeak where available, as it's much more specialized.
In other news, I spent two hours today delivering calf from a first-time cow. I believe it's called a heifer?
Muscles are burning, and my nerves are shot. I'll go grill some meat now and relax with a shisha, tea and a book.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: February 27, 2020, 10:02:40 PM »
Thank you! Hubby uses TS, I don't know if he ever used discord. I have not heard of it. And I liked your first answer, seems accurate  :)

Relax and enjoy yourself! It is so weird for me that you deliver cow babies and then grill other animals, all in the same day. I mean, of course I understand it, it is just weird  ;)

Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: February 27, 2020, 11:44:58 PM »
Hey all!
I tried to watch Mary Poppins today with the kids. Normal TV was partially out because of the weather. It's incredible, but we actually had snow today and yesterday. Today with a bit of a storm. A bit late though. Everybody except the kids had said goodbye to the thought of snow weeks ago. It even was a hint of spring in the air two days ago. Weird weather.
Mary Poppins I found somewhere in the www. But it kept stopping every few seconds. We endured about 10 minutes then decided to watch some DVD. Maybe some other time. The first 10 minutes were not so bad. I think I would like to watch it completely some day.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: February 28, 2020, 12:16:48 AM »
Well, I am glad you tried at least. And hope you try again  :). Also, were the kids happy with the snow? Weather is a complicated thing, I know weather forecasting is usually criticized a lot, but there is a reason for it not being always accurate: weather is too variable and many factors are involved.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: February 28, 2020, 05:11:34 PM »
The kids were very happy with the snow. But we were not quite so happy with the storm. It made a hole in our roof. I fixed it for the day with a sheet of plastic I nailed onto the roof. My husband came with some new tiles in the afternoon. There is a factory near his workplace and they were nice and gave him some tiles as a gift. He should do some advertising for them in return.

Mary Poppins: I'm going to ask around if anybody has the DVD. If not I'm thinking of buying it. Amazon has it for €7,99. Or I can borrow it for €1,99 on amazon prime. But I think buying might be better. So we can watch it several times every few months and it would be ours. Though I'm not sure yet. I would like best to borrow it from a person. In case I don't want to watch it several times.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 05:25:14 PM by Regenbogen »

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: February 29, 2020, 12:22:52 AM »
@Regen, yes, I think trying to borrow it is the best option. I wish I could lend you my copy (Yes, I own one). I suggest to ask at your children school. Some parents may have it.
And that is very bad about the roof! But at least your husband came with tiles. And what kind of advertising? (if you want to tell, of course)
Missing you, Md 

Offline Doroga's Cousin

• Needs A Life
  • Not sure if Correct
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: February 29, 2020, 02:17:51 AM »
Fcrate has it right, Dina. Discord is a more text-based version of teamspeak. And you don't have to pay for the server, which is a nice bonus. :P
Is it just me or is it getting a little solipsistic in here?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: February 29, 2020, 08:09:45 AM »
Ah, I can see how that helps  :)
Well, I am very glad you have your friend back in Discord then. Are you having fun?
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: February 29, 2020, 08:52:33 AM »
About the roof tiles advertising: LOL
My husband went to the hardware store with the one intact tile and asked if they had some. They guy in the shop didn't find any identification on the tile and told him, these must be special ones. He doesn't know if anyone has them. Doesn't even know where they were made. My husband asked if the guy could go looking if they were in storage. He told him no, he has never seen them.
So my husband was frustrated and drove to the factory to ask if they could make him some from the sample he brought and told them about the guy in the shop. The guy in the factory took one look on the tile and laughed his a... of. Because those are a type of simple standard tiles produced in our country for more then 60 years and he was surprised the guy in the hardware store didn't recognize them. When my husband asked if he could buy about 20 tiles, the guy laughed and told him just to take some from over there and tell people where he got them from so they are even.

We watched the 6th episode of Picard yesterday. So excited about the next one!!!

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: March 01, 2020, 07:55:56 AM »
Ahh! I thought he was in advertising or something. It is a very funny story about those tiles.

We watched that episode of Picard a couple of hours ago and it was really engaging, we are very excited for the next one too. It is so weird for me to see Captain Ríos, he looks just a regular guy from here (I believe the actor is Chilean, but close enough) doing normal things, like reading printed books and playing with a football but also he is in Star Trek. I feel like watching a fan fiction. Also, I've noticed his tatoos and that reminds me that humanity in ST seem to have forgotten about tatoos except for very specific things like Chakotay's. Also, it appears that they have stopped smoking...until the "present" of Picard. Perhaps the Mars thing messed with everybody's nerves and they decided to try with that again.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: March 04, 2020, 01:34:09 PM »
So...we have our first confirmed case of coronavirus in the Country (and there are three candidates more). They are people coming back from some vacations on Italy, I hope it does not spread too much.

Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: March 04, 2020, 03:02:52 PM »
Oh, really. It has spread that far already. Fascinating. We have one confirmed case in town. In my hospital. And we have problems of getting disinfectant, because we have sent so much to China before. Or so they say. A lot of weird pseudo information is spread around. Tomorrow our own test arrives so we don't have to send the samples away to another outside lab anymore. And nobody could tell me who is supposed to do the testing, because it should be done 24 hours every day. It's PCR.
Lots of people have been to Italy. Lots of Chinese people live here. And in Iran it's also bad. Not long and it will spread I think.

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: March 05, 2020, 01:01:24 AM »
There's a lot of jokes going around in the gaming circles involving beer, death, retaliation with virus attacks and well wishes for a vacation in china.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: March 05, 2020, 06:27:00 AM »
Around half of the Argentinians are from Italian descent, so every Summer many of us go to Italy  (our Summer, I mean. Italy's winter). So, with the virus spreading in Italy it was a matter of time to it arriving here. I hope we will be able to control it.
Missing you, Md