Author Topic: Another Weird for the Weird folk  (Read 371925 times)

Offline Sir Huron Stone

• Posty McPostington
  • Just another day.
    • View Profile
Re: Another Weird for the Weird folk
« Reply #1365 on: January 23, 2020, 11:34:09 AM »
Have you been to Columbia before?
Some people are like slinkies; they're utterly useless, yet you can't help but smile as they fall down the stairs.

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
  • Screw your courage to the sticking place...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: January 23, 2020, 04:48:42 PM »
Hey SHS, good to have you back Amigo n_n . You lucky SOB XD ! Japan is the one place I want to visit the most XD ! Your Wife is Beautiful by the way n_n . You...Ehh, you clean up nice in the uniform. JK Amigo, you look good too, Congrats to you both n_nd !
Rest Well Mdodd, and Please Watch over Us...

Relinquo spes totus ye quisnam penetro hic...

Strong like bull, smart like tractor, smooth like brick - smell like goat!

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: January 23, 2020, 09:12:58 PM »
Have you been to Columbia before?
Colombia. And no, I haven't  (but I stayed a few hours in the airport, so technically I was in Colombian soil). I am planning to have a lot if coffee  :)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Sir Huron Stone

• Posty McPostington
  • Just another day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: January 23, 2020, 10:15:04 PM »
Good to see you Otlan! Yes, my wife is very beautiful.

Yes, you definitely need to have lots of coffee there Dina.
Some people are like slinkies; they're utterly useless, yet you can't help but smile as they fall down the stairs.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: January 23, 2020, 10:40:45 PM »
Have you been there?
I am quite anxious about this trip but at least I am looking forward to the coffee
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Sir Huron Stone

• Posty McPostington
  • Just another day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: January 24, 2020, 02:21:28 AM »
I haven't, but a few of my friends have, and they brought back coffee beans and it was amazing coffee.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: January 24, 2020, 03:04:49 AM »
Yes, I have a friend who did the same. Planning to do that, if I can.
Have you read that Peace Talks has a release date? July 14th.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Sir Huron Stone

• Posty McPostington
  • Just another day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: January 24, 2020, 06:48:34 AM »
I saw! I'm so excited! I already have it pre-ordered on Amazon?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: January 24, 2020, 08:27:21 AM »
Me too  :)
I am excited and scared, as the Christmas story set after PT speaks of tragedy.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Sir Huron Stone

• Posty McPostington
  • Just another day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: January 24, 2020, 09:29:03 AM »
Wait, what Christmas story?!

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: January 24, 2020, 11:00:45 AM »
Hey there!
There has been a short story "Christmas Eve" in 2018. The same story was posted  on Jim Butcher's website Christmas 2019, only this time with illustrations.
You might have to look at the previous posts there. It may not show on the current page any more.

@Dina: Enjoy all the coffee.
Without coffee, no working Regenbogen.
Regenbogen - coffee = sleep
But mine certainly doesn't taste so good.

I just listended to Full Moon for the first time as audio book. Wow! But still, audio isn't good for me. I can't listen for long. My thoughts start drifting. I need more time in between to imagine everything. Not good with a new book, so I chose one that I know well.

Offline Sir Huron Stone

• Posty McPostington
  • Just another day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: January 24, 2020, 11:24:25 AM »
Okay, now I remember that story. And it's still amazingly wonderful and heartbreaking at the same time.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: January 24, 2020, 07:05:13 PM »
Exactly, SHS.

Hi Regen! I don't do audio books either but for a different reason. My English is not that good. If someone reads, I miss many words. There is another reason too, when I read I sometimes go back a couple of pages, or more, and the navigation for the book is easier for me in written pages than in audio.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: January 25, 2020, 02:33:01 AM »
Maen everyone!
@Dina: COFFEE!!!! I always pick the columbian brand when I buy my coffee beans. I go to the best vendor in Egypt (Very far away) once a year, but I have no actual guarantee that it indeed is columbian. So, would you drink an extra cup per day and think very hard of me? I might get a taste :D
@Regen: Never liked audio for a lot of reasons, one of them is yours. Another is that no matter how good the guy is, my imagination is better for projecting the emotions and special quirks about every character, having them read for me is a disappointment.
That said, a full cast audio book like one of the old radio shows would go down VERY nicely.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: January 25, 2020, 05:31:53 AM »
Hi Fcrate! All right, I will do that  :)
Ok, full disclosure. I am not particularly good at discriminating coffee flavors. I am not such a gourmet. I love drinking coffee, and sometimes I've noticed that the Colombian brands are tasty but a little too strong for me. But I can drink more or less anything as long as it smells good, for me the best part of coffee is its smell. And Colombian coffee smells great!
Missing you, Md