Author Topic: Another Weird for the Weird folk  (Read 366608 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Another Weird for the Weird folk
« Reply #1050 on: October 10, 2019, 06:00:23 PM »
Hello everyone. I had been sleeping poorly so last night, my first back home, I've slept like a baby. Not dreams I can remember, but it feels good to finally rest.
One nightmare I vividly remember when I had about 30 years, not a child at all. I dreamt that I was working by a street near home (an specific block that I walk by almost every day) at night and there were no lights, so it was really dark. I was walking slowly, very carefully, because I was afraid to stumble and fall and then... out of nowhere a hand grab me by my wrist. I tried to shout but I couldnīt and I woke up when I was trying to get free of the hand. It was a horrible, horrible feeling.

On brighter news, my workshop was very tiresome but I had some fun, enjoy some nice weather, I will upload a couple of pictures of the area when I have some time for it.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
  • Screw your courage to the sticking place...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: October 10, 2019, 07:27:27 PM »
Hello everyone. I had been sleeping poorly so last night, my first back home, I've slept like a baby. Not dreams I can remember, but it feels good to finally rest.
One nightmare I vividly remember when I had about 30 years, not a child at all. I dreamt that I was working by a street near home (an specific block that I walk by almost every day) at night and there were no lights, so it was really dark. I was walking slowly, very carefully, because I was afraid to stumble and fall and then... out of nowhere a hand grab me by my wrist. I tried to shout but I couldnīt and I woke up when I was trying to get free of the hand. It was a horrible, horrible feeling.

On brighter news, my workshop was very tiresome but I had some fun, enjoy some nice weather, I will upload a couple of pictures of the area when I have some time for it.

*Hugs tight* Glad to hear you had fun Di-Di n_n ! And sorry you haven't been sleeping so well -_- . What was it, homesickness?
Rest Well Mdodd, and Please Watch over Us...

Relinquo spes totus ye quisnam penetro hic...

Strong like bull, smart like tractor, smooth like brick - smell like goat!

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: October 10, 2019, 08:40:30 PM »
Not exactly but definitely a strange bed has its issues. Still, it was mostly two things: I was sharing the room with a friend. I love her but we had never shared a room before and it felt a little awkward. The second thing was that I really wanted to arrive to the workshop in time every day and I was worried to sleep in.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: October 10, 2019, 11:19:35 PM »
Hey, Dina. Welcome back home!
Your own bed is almost always the best. ;)
I just don't sleep well, when I'm in pain or the week after a week of working the nightshift. I wake up at 3 in the morning and can't find back to sleep. But after so many years, I know that and can deal with it. I decided not to get angry or impatient any more. That doesn't help. Instead I read a book. And accept that I'm going to be really tired the next day, but at least I got to read a lot.

This weekend, I'm going to sleep in a strange bed too. It's rehearsal weekend with my choir. We go there every year. So I know I have to take additional pillows and maybe use a second mattrass.
I'm totally looking forward to this weekend. We'll work a lot but it will also be fun.
I wonder who will be with me in the room. I'm always going into just any room and let it surprise me, who my room mates will be.
Gladly we all get along pretty well, so it really doesn't matter. There will be about 30 singers.
And we should be lucky with the weather. No rain or at least not much.

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: October 11, 2019, 12:17:47 AM »
Not exactly but definitely a strange bed has its issues. Still, it was mostly two things: I was sharing the room with a friend. I love her but we had never shared a room before and it felt a little awkward. The second thing was that I really wanted to arrive to the workshop in time every day and I was worried to sleep in.

Makes me feel blessed I can sleep anywhere XD . But I here you about the fear of sleeping in -_- . One time I did thst and did actually sleep in -_- . One of the reason I hate getting up early in the morning, especially if I have somewhere I need to be -_- .

@Regen: Hope you have a ton of fun n_n ! Maby someday you'll post a video of your Choir singing?

Speaking of songs though, I finally found one that perfectly decscribes me n_n . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSaSEBidLrE

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: October 11, 2019, 08:50:26 AM »
Huh. Do you have a fear 9f Birds Warden?
Nope, most times I don't think much about them. Some are okay and some (geese) are annoying.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: October 11, 2019, 08:57:32 AM »
Sometimes I wish they would invent a pill to forego sleep without any of the insomnia side-effects. Feels like a waste of about 25% of my life.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: October 11, 2019, 09:45:48 AM »
Sometimes I wish they would invent a pill to forego sleep without any of the insomnia side-effects. Feels like a waste of about 25% of my life.

Oh no!!! Don't do that! That would create monsters made of eye sand which would haunt you at night. See Dr. Who!!! Not good. Very bad. Never not sleep!

I love sleeping. It's kind of a hobby of mine.  ;D
Sleep is never waste.

Funny story: in Kindergarten the kids were told to paint a picture of their mum or dad doing what they like do do best.
Most children painted their mother in the kitchen (yeah, great) or their father mowing the lawn or playing football.
My daughter painted me sleeping on the couch right up to the cat on my blanket. Good girl. My daughter knows about the important things in life. She forgot the book beside me, but hey, she was only 5 years old.  8) ;)

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: October 11, 2019, 08:36:26 PM »
That is excellent! I love to sleep too. Also, I like Doctor Who and I am sad we did not have a series this year.

Well, today I had a small dream. I was with some of my colleagues I work but for some reason I (and other people) were dancing, like ballet dancing. A little context here. I studied ballet from 7-11 years old. I never did ballet after that and now I am overweight and completely out of shape. Well, in the dream I was exactly the same, and I was dancing. And quite well, I mean, my feet, my hands, they did what they were supposed to do. It was great. I was inventing a choreography as I was doing it (I mean, I had not following a previous choreography) and the music was the Swan Lake. And I was not the best ballerina ever but I was doing it really, really well, and still in my old, rusty body. I was feeling delighted to discover I could still dance. I've felt really happy.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: October 12, 2019, 12:24:42 AM »
I love sleeping. It's kind of a hobby of mine.  ;D
Sleep is never waste.
Amen. Those sayings should be recorded, they'll be famous one day :P

That is excellent! I love to sleep too. Also, I like Doctor Who and I am sad we did not have a series this year.

Well, today I had a small dream. I was with some of my colleagues I work but for some reason I (and other people) were dancing, like ballet dancing. A little context here. I studied ballet from 7-11 years old. I never did ballet after that and now I am overweight and completely out of shape. Well, in the dream I was exactly the same, and I was dancing. And quite well, I mean, my feet, my hands, they did what they were supposed to do. It was great. I was inventing a choreography as I was doing it (I mean, I had not following a previous choreography) and the music was the Swan Lake. And I was not the best ballerina ever but I was doing it really, really well, and still in my old, rusty body. I was feeling delighted to discover I could still dance. I've felt really happy.
That's a very nice dream for a change, Dina! Dancing is something that I vaguely know the meaning of, but I always enjoy watching good dancers. I hope you enjoyed Mendoza (Which is the name of a villain in C&C Renegade).
Well, today I had one of those dreams that are a complete mess. Lots of people I know from all around Egypt were at the farm, and the animals got loose and mixed up, and everyone was suggesting ideas on how to sort them back to their proper places, after which we gave up and sat and had a bbq in the middle of the chaos, and that was just the start. A very patchy dream :D
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 12:26:26 AM by Fcrate »
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: October 12, 2019, 12:38:27 AM »
Yes, Mendoza is quite a common Spanish family name. Buenos Aires itself was founded first for one Pedro de Mendoza (that first city was almost completely destroyed by the original inhabitants of the region, and it was then refounded by Juan de Garay), but our city (and province) of Mendoza is actually named after a Chilean governor whose first name I forgot.

I like that you dreamed with bbq
Missing you, Md 

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: October 14, 2019, 08:33:56 PM »
I had a really, really weird dream this morning. For some reason I dreamed I was on a Ranch in my back yard. But instead of cows, they raised Giant Aligator like creatures, that were very deady, but apprently the meat was a delight. So my and this other Ranch hand had to climb in the Pen with these Massive killers and start slautering them. We got the first one no problem, but then he went to slaughter the secound one and the idiot didn't do it right, so then the damn things started charging us, and they turned into Giant Boars for some reason. And then me and the other guy, who turned into a Knight wareing Chain Mail and weilding a Zwihadler, and me suddenly dressed in the same outfit and carrying a similer sword, stood back to back and started sliceing into them as they charged us. I woke up feeling more exausted then when I went to sleep -_- .

Also I was appreantly supposed to work today and didn't know that, so I missed a day of work -_- . The last few days have not been good to me -_- .

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: October 14, 2019, 09:20:10 PM »
I am very sorry about your last days not being good, Otlan. Try to double check each day about the following day and don't worry too much, you will get the hand of the work soon. Meanwhile, we are here for you if you want to rant, vent, cry or whatever. (((((((((((Otlan))))))))

That dream sounds awesome and fun! It is good to have a few moments to be awesome warriors in our life, even if it is in the dream world.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: October 14, 2019, 10:22:54 PM »
I am very sorry about your last days not being good, Otlan. Try to double check each day about the following day and don't worry too much, you will get the hand of the work soon. Meanwhile, we are here for you if you want to rant, vent, cry or whatever. (((((((((((Otlan))))))))

That dream sounds awesome and fun! It is good to have a few moments to be awesome warriors in our life, even if it is in the dream world.

*Hugs back* Thanks Dina. At this point though, I just want to beat my head against a brick wall and be done for the day -_- . To top everything off, now it look like none of my gameing group members are gonna show up -_- . My f**king life, I sware to God -_- .

Eh, it was kind of, even though I wasn't really doing anything Heroic.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: October 14, 2019, 10:48:56 PM »
Ot, we all have lots of that bad days but I know you can cope with them.
Missing you, Md