Author Topic: Any news on Peace Talks  (Read 174848 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Any news on Peace Talks
« Reply #465 on: November 04, 2019, 04:08:06 AM »
Awesome, Morris  :)  (I already knew about your Harry, Mira).
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: November 04, 2019, 03:54:52 PM »
I thought of naming my dog Mouse about two days after I renamed him Jackson, and had already done a ton of work getting him to respond to his new name. I spent about a week castigating myself over that oversight, because Jax is especially Mouselike (quiet, constantly alert, multiple barking styles (including one deep as hell warning bark and a small yipping one that's just to get your attention), enormous (for me, he's about 20% bigger than a typical Lab, but he's all Border Collie, which is a super weird outcome for the breed), oddly empathetic (he knows when someone is upset, and will go to comfort them as best he can)).

Ah, well. C'est la vie.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #467 on: November 04, 2019, 08:26:24 PM »
Perhaps Mouse is one of his Names, but it is good that you are not going around calling him that. You don't know any dastardly character knowing it. By the way, your Jax sounds amazing  :)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 04, 2019, 11:51:33 PM »
Jackson is a good name, too.  :)
I once named a cat after a character from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Darla.
Though Drusilla would have been more fitting. She was a crazy one. I loved her.

And I hope for a 2019 release date. But I think early 2020 would be more realistic.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 11:54:37 PM by Regenbogen »

Offline Mar10

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 05, 2019, 07:25:33 PM »
I names my 9mm Darla.  She's a biter. :)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 06, 2019, 03:12:27 PM »

My new puppy, who is a rescue, she and her sisters were dumped... Anyway she is very pretty and sweet, so I call her "Princess Buttercup."

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: November 06, 2019, 05:39:13 PM »
I names my 9mm Darla.  She's a biter. :)
You do know that's weird, right? :D
The way this is going, I think we'll get a release day around christmass.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: November 06, 2019, 06:15:29 PM »
The way this is going, I think we'll get a release day around christmass.

Do you mean the announcement of the date being around Christmas or the release date itself being around Christmas?
If you mean the announcement of the date... OMG you are killing me!!!!! That would be another 6 weeks of waiting! I hope the announcement will come sooner. I just want to know the date, even if it is in May2020. Not knowing the date is making me crazy.  :o

Offline 123Chikadee

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: November 06, 2019, 06:27:45 PM »
Exactly! Though I do hope its this year, I want Peace Talks as a Christmas present. :)

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #474 on: November 06, 2019, 09:46:45 PM »
I would love that! It would make an awesome birthday present too... But I don't think that is going to happen.  :'(

My new puppy, who is a rescue, she and her sisters were dumped... Anyway she is very pretty and sweet, so I call her "Princess Buttercup."

Awww, new puppy! Joy of joys!!  :) :) ;D

Missing you, Md 

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: November 07, 2019, 03:55:03 PM »
Perhaps Mouse is one of his Names, but it is good that you are not going around calling him that. You don't know any dastardly character knowing it. By the way, your Jax sounds amazing  :)
Fair point.
And yes, he is a very good boy. As long as he gets playtime. If I go two days without at least one ball session, he starts going nuts. One of the dangers of border collies, and one of the reasons you can usually find one at shelters (most shelters I check usually have pitbulls, several mixed breeds, and some border collies, plus a variety of other breeds (usually older dogs, and maybe Australian Shepherds, which are pretty close in temperament to border collies)). People get a border collie because they tend to be handsome or beautiful dogs (there's a reason they're one of the go-to breeds for pet supply commercials), and have no idea how much attention you have to give them.

He's my second, though the other border collie doesn't go quite as insane without regular playtime. They both get it anyway, cuz they're good boys. In the grand scheme, it's really not much. It's like fifteen minutes per session, and they're good. They tell me when they want to stop. And with the kids, it's often a full day of work/play for them (they guard the children, which really means herding them and preventing them from going where they think they shouldn't be allowed. Jackson won't let the baby off the deck unless she's holding someone's hand.)

I can go on and on about border collies or Aussies. They're both awesome breeds, and I highly recommend them—if you have a yard. They are not well-suited for apartment or condo spaces.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: November 07, 2019, 04:01:58 PM »

I can go on and on about border collies or Aussies. They're both awesome breeds, and I highly recommend them—if you have a yard. They are not well-suited for apartment or condo spaces.

No, even if you have a yard they can be difficult.   They are high energy working dogs, and as such, need a job.   Idle paws can lead to all kinds of things, namely chewed up items, but sometimes worse.   Working dogs, sporting dogs, herding dogs all need lots of exercise and things to stimulate their brains because they are very intelligent and active breeds.

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: November 07, 2019, 04:20:23 PM »
Yeah, I'm well aware. I've got two now, and had an Aussie earlier. I'd do things like hide mail around the house for her to find and gather, since that was one of her jobs. She'd bring me my shoes in the morning, get the mail for me, that kind of thing.

But if you don't even have a yard to exercise them, it's downright impossible. They don't really require that much effort, in my experience. Gotta play with them, and have tasks for them to do. Otherwise they go straight insane, and can either tear up your place, or hurt themselves. But you're talking about really minimal effort. It doesn't take all that much time to keep them occupied.

They're a great candidate for Go, Dog, Go (that automatic ball-throwing machine that dogs can use on their own). Downside is that they might actually do it constantly, all day, every day, and that's actually really bad for them.

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: November 15, 2019, 03:32:57 PM »
So I've been poking around looking for more Peace Talks news, and found this from Priscillie on Reddit, 24 days ago:

The revisions took a LOT longer on this book because of the extended span of time over which it was written. Usually, that 4-6 month turnaround is from the time Jim sends the last chapter to the betas and tweets "The End." It INCLUDES any revisions. Clearly, that wasn't the case this time. But I'm reading the revised novel now, and holy crap holy crap holy crap HOW DID HE MAKE IT EVEN BETTER?!???

So, revisions are 100% complete, Priscillie has read the finished, publishable novel. Everything is in Penguin's hands, and they're holding off on announcing a publication date for now, presumably until they decide on the best release window for it. Personally, I was hoping for a Christmastime release, and it's still technically possible, but now I'm thinking they're going to shoot for Q1 2020. We'll certainly have it within the next six months, unless Penguin decides they want to sit on it for God only knows why.

Offline spiritofair

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: November 15, 2019, 10:02:33 PM »
So I've been poking around looking for more Peace Talks news, and found this from Priscillie on Reddit, 24 days ago:

So, revisions are 100% complete, Priscillie has read the finished, publishable novel. Everything is in Penguin's hands, and they're holding off on announcing a publication date for now, presumably until they decide on the best release window for it. Personally, I was hoping for a Christmastime release, and it's still technically possible, but now I'm thinking they're going to shoot for Q1 2020. We'll certainly have it within the next six months, unless Penguin decides they want to sit on it for God only knows why.
Thanks for the update. The wait is freaking killing me. How hard is it to publish a release date?