Author Topic: Any news on Peace Talks  (Read 174639 times)

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Any news on Peace Talks
« Reply #435 on: July 02, 2019, 05:30:21 PM »
I have enough of that but also the "that's amazing". I am just glad I never had to go to work (or school) in my birthday.
So, did she eat ham for Christmas?

Every year.
Mine's November 2nd, so my birthday "presents" from society are pretty much limited to elections (November 2nd is the earliest possible date for Election Day in the US, as it is defined as "The first Tuesday after November 1st.") So, on occasion, I'd get a bonus day off for my birthday, too.

On the other hand, apparently November 2nd is an extremely popular date for weddings, because I've gone to several over the years that fell on my birthday. On the plus side, that meant lots of free booze and an excuse to wear a cummerbund.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: July 02, 2019, 07:30:04 PM »
My niece's birthday is on December 20th. She just has a party in June and sometimes tries to scam a second gift out of us.

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: July 02, 2019, 09:40:16 PM »
My son's is 26 Dec.

EVERYBODY is burnt-out on the whole "going to parties" thing, and often tapped-out for giving-presents.  Really sucked for him, as a youngster.  Often, friends were away on winter-vacation trips.

We always made sure he had something from us to open on his actual birthday.  Some years we gave a really-big combined gift, and then a little pro-forma thing or minor accessory to the Big Gift.  Usually we tried to do a more-even split, or even a bigger gift on the 26th, so it wouldn't be a let-down.

But getting a party with lots of friends -- or even his few best friends -- was ALWAYS a challenge.

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 03, 2019, 04:36:57 PM »
My niece's birthday is on December 20th. She just has a party in June and sometimes tries to scam a second gift out of us.

Smart kid.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 03, 2019, 05:27:46 PM »
As she should. My closest ones always gave me 2 gifts. Hubby still gives me 2 (and I give him one for Xmas, of course)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: July 03, 2019, 05:34:57 PM »
I think you misunderstand me. My niece occasionally tries to get a June birthday gift, a December birthday gift, and a Christmas gift. If she were the only kid, that might fly. There are five others.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #441 on: July 03, 2019, 06:00:31 PM »
I understood that she wanted a birhday gift and a Christmas gift, both around the same date as her birthday is close to Christmas. But the party in June...well, I did not understand that, to be honest. I thought it was an unrelated thing. Why does she have a birthday in June?
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 03, 2019, 06:31:22 PM »
I understood that she wanted a birhday gift and a Christmas gift, both around the same date as her birthday is close to Christmas. But the party in June...well, I did not understand that, to be honest. I thought it was an unrelated thing. Why does she have a birthday in June?

Our family did that too:  the idea is a "half-birthday" party (as close to 6 months' offset as can be made to work) when friends might be more available and when it can "stand out" more from  Christmastime celebrations.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #443 on: July 03, 2019, 06:35:01 PM »
You people are weird  :o
Missing you, Md 

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 04, 2019, 01:49:38 AM »

You say that like it's some sort of surprise to you...  ::)

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 04, 2019, 04:27:38 AM »
Actually this time you surprised me.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: July 12, 2019, 06:58:37 PM »
Our family did that too:  the idea is a "half-birthday" party (as close to 6 months' offset as can be made to work) when friends might be more available and when it can "stand out" more from  Christmastime celebrations.
Pretty much this, but my niece is a kid, and I haven't noticed kids having a lot of Christmas parties that they have to go to (other than something in school). People are in such a hurry around Christmas (at least in my little part of the world) that a lot of events around Christmas can start to feel like a burden. The husband's office party, the wife's office party, this social group's party, that social group's party, a business organization or two's parties, the landlord's, the extended family's (again on both sides). And the traffic around the bigger local shopping spots was crazy the last time I went there during Christmas after office hours. (It was 10-15 years ago, so maybe ordering online has changed things. It sure has for me).

Well, yes.

Offline spiritofair

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: October 25, 2019, 05:19:07 PM »
Is it normal for it to take this long to announce a publication date? The book was supposedly finished July 22... It is now over 3 months later...

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #448 on: October 25, 2019, 06:38:37 PM »
According to Priscellie and the official JB website, he has done some revisions and rewriting. But the releasing date is supposed to be announced soon, so cross your fingers.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Just Al

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: October 25, 2019, 07:35:20 PM »
Is it normal for it to take this long to announce a publication date? The book was supposedly finished July 22... It is now over 3 months later...

Per this video, James Marsters has agreed to do the audiobook for Peace talks. That tells me that the print release date must be fairly close, as you wouldn't set up the base for the audiobook before the book was ready to print.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYTfviCVxpE