Author Topic: Any news on Peace Talks  (Read 173593 times)

Offline magnuskn

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Any news on Peace Talks
« Reply #420 on: June 20, 2019, 07:54:08 PM »
Pretty sure that we don't have to worry about until, like, maybe the 20th DF novel.

Think more the final novel of the BAT. ^^

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: June 20, 2019, 10:25:10 PM »
No book has ever been published in December.  Most books have been published in April and May.  Ghost Story and Cold Days  were in July and November respectively.  Bad Alias  didn't post the dates for the Twitter posts.  It looks like spring is the favorite date to publish if the manuscript gets there after October or November.  Figure 120 days from July 1st and say November.  Maybe sooner. 

Offline RobReece

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 20, 2019, 11:23:52 PM »
Based on the Clue gif he posted, I'm hoping for a Nov 21st release.  The only problem with that is that it isn't a Tuesday...

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: June 21, 2019, 01:57:04 AM »
Clue gif? Where, please?
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: June 21, 2019, 02:11:27 AM »
On his twitter
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: June 22, 2019, 01:18:30 AM »
Gotcha. Thanks, Dina. Is that a clue to the books or a reference to what he is watching? Are we going to get a Clue-like scene in the novel?
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 22, 2019, 01:28:27 AM »
Publication date?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 22, 2019, 05:09:39 AM »
Gotcha. Thanks, Dina. Is that a clue to the books or a reference to what he is watching? Are we going to get a Clue-like scene in the novel?

Who knows? Sometimes Jim is difficult to interpret.

@morriswalters: Not yet. He said he will tell us as soon as he has news.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: June 24, 2019, 07:25:11 PM »
I figured he was just watching Clue. It's a great movie, after all.
As far as release dates go, I've already lost the Chapter Count bet with my friend. So we're doing a release date bet next. I've got money on November 19th, a week before Thanksgiving. Rules are Price is Right rules, so closest to the date without going over. I'm pretty sure my friend's going to go for a December release date, so if it comes out in October, we're going to have to double down on a plot-related bet to settle things. There's not a lot of NOT YA fantasy competition that's already been announced for November, so it's a good window, and it's right in front of the biggest shopping weekend of the year (which gives book stores an extra week to place large orders and have their endcaps set up before Black Friday). I can see Dresden Files displays popping up in Barnes and Noble for Black Friday. Discounting the previous 15 books when you buy Peace Talks, that kind of thing. And of course there's Cyber Monday for the ebook crowd.

But yeah, assuming Jim finishes at some point in the next week, a 2019 release date is pretty much assured. There's no reason to hold it back until next year when they can hit a holiday shopping season release window fairly comfortably. And to those who asked: yes, Jim does still use Beta Readers, so Peace Talks has already been vetted for plot inconsistencies. It's less likely that there will be necessary changes that will dramatically alter the book at this stage. Not impossible, of course, but less likely than for most other authors.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #429 on: June 25, 2019, 03:22:19 AM »
I want a Christmas' release...because it's my birthday.
Missing you, Md 

Offline magnuskn

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 25, 2019, 04:02:47 AM »
As soon as possible. Preferably just before I go on vacation at the end of October, but still in a way that I can get it in Germany before I leave.  ;)

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 27, 2019, 02:09:34 PM »
I want a Christmas' release...because it's my birthday.
An old girlfriend of mine from many years ago was born on Christmas. Whenever she mentioned it to anyone, they always said, "Oh, I'm sorry, that must've been rough." She always found their immediate sympathetic responses annoying as hell, because, as she put it, "Every year, I spent my birthday surrounded by everyone in the world who loved me. And ham is my favorite food."

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 28, 2019, 05:01:29 AM »
I have enough of that but also the "that's amazing". I am just glad I never had to go to work (or school) in my birthday.
So, did she eat ham for Christmas?
Missing you, Md 

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 30, 2019, 10:01:36 PM »
Dec 15. Got my BDay gifts wrapped in X-Mas paper.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline RobReece

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: June 30, 2019, 11:03:34 PM »
Dec. 4th, I remember having to spend birthday money on other people's Xmas gifts.