Author Topic: Any news on Peace Talks  (Read 173655 times)

Offline noblehunter

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Any news on Peace Talks
« Reply #375 on: June 10, 2019, 03:21:07 PM »
Do we know if Peace Talks is going to be crash-published or are we looking at the usual 6-8-12 months to publish after the manuscript is finished?

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 10, 2019, 03:27:15 PM »
I'm also becoming annoyed by things like the retconning we saw in Skin Game.  Anna Valmont and the other two Churchmice didn't rip off Nicodemus.  That's not why Nic killed Valmont's friends.  They didn't know Nicodemus existed.  I'm actually surprised none of the Beta readers caught that.  It makes me worry that other errors might get introduced into the series.   

There was some discussion on this very question on the Dresden subreddit. Evidently, the Beta Readers did catch it, and pointed it out, repeatedly, with sources cited. Jim chose to move on with Skin Game as published. No explanation as to why, yet, but it's fed more than one theory.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 10, 2019, 06:02:56 PM »
It allows Anna Valmont to rationalize working with Nic, Rather than being just victims, the Churchmice were greedy thieves who got caught.

Offline isoycrazy

• Conversationalist
  • Seeking Harry's Insanity to help make me Sane
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 12, 2019, 02:02:02 PM »
It is also plausible that in story, Harry didn't want the full facts known to an outsider like Hannah.

Offline segaily

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 12, 2019, 04:43:33 PM »
Do we know if Peace Talks is going to be crash-published or are we looking at the usual 6-8-12 months to publish after the manuscript is finished?

Just guessing but my bet would be they will get it out for the Christmas shopping season if they can.  If that requires a rush they will otherwise probably not.  As long as it is done soon enough for that to be possible I think we will get as much of a rush as needed to make that happen.  After that window completely closes I am not sure they would have a reason to rush anymore. 

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 12, 2019, 09:36:49 PM »
Do you think blood thirsty readers with pitch forks and torches might motivate them?

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 13, 2019, 12:23:44 AM »
Do you think blood thirsty readers with pitch forks and torches might motivate them?
Just draw a big circle 'round the editor's office when the ms. arrives, and then order in pizza.

The editor-fairy doesn't get out until they finish Peace Talks.

Easy-peasy.

Offline Lazarus52980

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 14, 2019, 12:56:22 PM »

Offline Maz

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 14, 2019, 01:04:33 PM »
The man is a machine! :)
Now I'm /really/ excited to see what was in Chapter 63 as it took longer than most of the others...

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #384 on: June 14, 2019, 02:31:47 PM »
More to the point...

We won’t have a release date until Jim finished the manuscript, but hopefully that will be soon, so look for an announcement in July!

Seems like he's coming up on the end.
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline Avernite

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 14, 2019, 07:40:58 PM »
More to the point...

Well he better, I don't have a wheelbarrow ;)

Offline segaily

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 14, 2019, 08:04:26 PM »
More to the point...

We won’t have a release date until Jim finished the manuscript, but hopefully that will be soon, so look for an announcement in July!

I almost missed this.  It is not really a surprise given the chapter but still nice to see.  :)

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 16, 2019, 06:24:41 AM »
Chapter 65!
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 16, 2019, 04:28:09 PM »
It will soon be announced that just as Quentin Tarantino divided Kill Bill into parts 1 & 2, Peace Talks will be released in two parts.  Whether we will have to wait until after the second Cinder Spires book is released for Peace Talks part 2, is an open question.  ;D
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 16, 2019, 05:23:29 PM »
It will soon be announced that just as Quentin Tarantino divided Kill Bill into parts 1 & 2, Peace Talks will be released in two parts.  Whether we will have to wait until after the second Cinder Spires book is released for Peace Talks part 2, is an open question.  ;D

WHAT?!? Such a cruel idea!  :o I want one really fat book. By now I'm getting very excited.
I have finished the Alex Verus series, read Kevin Hearne's First Dangle and have tried to start some new books but put them aside after a few pages. Now I'm back to Kelley Armstrong's Women of the otherworld. These were always fun. There are 13 books and the short stories. But after that... I started Codex Alera but that was not what I wanted right now. Maybe something completly different like something with crime or something historical or Diana Gabaldon's last book again. She is going to finish book 9 this year according to her website.
So, what I want to say: I am ready for Peace Talks, whenever it is completed. I will stop immediataly whatever else I'm reading, as soon as I have it in my hands. I will buy one for my e-reader and one to touch and smell for my bookshelf and to infect some friends.
I am very grateful that books like the Dresden Files exist, I can read them over and over and they are still great.
Mr Butcher, you have created something amazing and I admire your work.

... and now I want the book.  ;D