Author Topic: Any news on Peace Talks  (Read 173532 times)

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
Re: Any news on Peace Talks
« Reply #120 on: February 03, 2019, 09:17:01 PM »
I've never seen it! Where is it available?

I found my DIVX copy of the Storm Front pilot using Bit Torrent, but that was about five or six years ago.  If you can't find it, message me with your email address and I'll send you a copy.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 04, 2019, 03:14:14 AM »
I've seen more people carrying guns in public than sticks of any kind other than people who clearly required canes for walking. But I live in Texas where "clubs" are "illegal weapons," and therefore illegal to carry in public. "Clubs" are basically any blunt instrument "designed, made, or adapted" for hitting people.  Guns=legal; swords=legal; sticks=illegal. ???

(There are complications, exceptions, and requirements here, so don't just go carrying guns and swords in Texas without actually knowing the laws).

I won't. I would probably scream, as I've never seen a functional gun in real life.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline magnuskn

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 04, 2019, 01:50:33 PM »
So, unless the book is dramatically longer than the previous ones (which is entirely possible with all the promised throw-downs and just accumulated plotlines which need resolving, now that Harry hasn't been secluded away from society and friends for an entire year), the first draft should be done in about April to May?

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #123 on: February 04, 2019, 03:04:59 PM »
Yeah, billyclub laws are kind of silly. Case in point, Maryland has them; so my pine blasting rod prop is an illegal weapon. The holly walking stick that's much heavier and harder? Totally fine.

The little souvenir baseball bats you can get at a game? Illegal. An actual bat? Totally fine.
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 04, 2019, 04:31:50 PM »
Yeah, billyclub laws are kind of silly. Case in point, Maryland has them; so my pine blasting rod prop is an illegal weapon. The holly walking stick that's much heavier and harder? Totally fine.

The little souvenir baseball bats you can get at a game? Illegal. An actual bat? Totally fine.

Like a lot of things common sense seems to get thrown out when lots of laws or regulations are written...  Take dental insurance, unless you have it though your employer you are pretty much out
of luck.  Oh it is there but covers so little that it costs more than it pays for.  However when you look it up you get the lecture how poor dental health can lead to serious things like heart disease...Huh? 
So Medicare will shell out billions each year for all kinds of heart procedures but not fork over a dime so seniors can have healthy mouths, thus fewer expensive heart procedures... I did find one honest site, the reason there isn't good dental insurance is that there isn't any money in it for the insurance companies..

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 04, 2019, 07:41:40 PM »
I won't. I would probably scream, as I've never seen a functional gun in real life.
Really?
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 04, 2019, 09:16:39 PM »
Really. I had a very, very, very old gun from my grand father, who was a cop (I think it's a ceremonial gun or something) and I've seen several old weapons in museums and things like that. I remember now I've been a couple of times in stores that had some guns for sell (I bought a swiss army knife once and some binoculars the other time) but I didn't see the weapons from very close.

How so?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 09:21:40 PM by Dina »
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 04, 2019, 11:40:33 PM »
I am guessing it has to do with concealed weapons issues.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #128 on: February 05, 2019, 01:22:12 AM »
How so?
wardenferry has the right of it; the actual statute only stipulates the length, not thickness or weight or anything like that.
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 05, 2019, 04:06:19 AM »
Ah, that explains it.
Missing you, Md 

Offline RobReece

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 05, 2019, 05:07:54 PM »
So Harry's blasting rod is a concealed weapon in more ways than one...

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 05, 2019, 07:19:14 PM »
Do you travel much? Though I was speaking about running into civilians in places you wouldn't expect them to have such things*, I'd imagine you'd run into a lot of law enforcement/military/security in most every country over the course of a lifetime. I won't pretend to have done a statistical analysis or anything, but I have seen (in the media) a lot of security with sub-machine guns at lots of European airports and such.

*Sticks, swords, guns, etc.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 06, 2019, 12:39:55 AM »
You are right, of course. I didn't count the weapons from armed forces, but I've seen several of them. I did not scream for those.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 06, 2019, 12:53:23 AM »
Heh. Around here in the countryside the only people who didn't have guns were the policemen. At least till 2013. Now it's the other way around; only the criminals and the policemen have them.
Legally speaking, everything that can do harm is banned. Guns, knives, swiss army knives, 3 cm blade knives, sticks and stones, and in the next few months air guns will need to be licensed too.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 06, 2019, 06:59:18 AM »
Aw, that's awesome about the air guns. We had two deaths for them this Summer (they are legal). It seems excessive of course on the other things. I would have a lot of trouble  :).  I once had trouble on an airport because I had Swiss army knife in my backpack, I had completely forgotten about it as it is always there  :P.
Missing you, Md