Author Topic: Any news on Peace Talks  (Read 173543 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Any news on Peace Talks
« Reply #75 on: January 15, 2019, 03:42:43 AM »
Yay for updates!
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2019, 09:23:00 AM »
Your consistent optimism both confuses and amazes me, Dina. Keep it up!
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2019, 10:54:53 AM »
LOL, I am not an optimist. I think  what I am is called "informed pessimistic" or something like that. I am always ready for things to go bad but I always root for good things to happen. For instance, I've accepted long ago that I may not live to see the end of the series, but after so much time without news I receive every update as a good event in itself. I don't need updates, JB is not forced to do them, so I am grateful for each one, as they are like small gifts, the bproof that things are going in the right direction (and that we are closer to a new book that we were before).
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 15, 2019, 11:19:51 AM »
From Reddit where someone had posted a presale link citing May 16 as the availability date.
priscellie

32 points ·
6 hours ago

I have been summoned!

This speculation is false. Jim posted chapter 40 to the beta list this morning, and there's a heavy helping of awesomeness left to be written. I can't see the book coming out any time in the first half of 2019.
LOL, I am not an optimist. I think  what I am is called "informed pessimistic" or something like that. I am always ready for things to go bad but I always root for good things to happen. For instance, I've accepted long ago that I may not live to see the end of the series, but after so much time without news I receive every update as a good event in itself.
Your point of view is called pragmatism. I'm going write my own ending before I end.  That's called wishful thinking. :)

Offline 123Chikadee

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 15, 2019, 08:25:32 PM »
Yes, being a pragmatist is for the best, really. You always can get pleasantly surprised when things turn out for the best.
Wow, Jim can churn those chapters out. I wish I could write that fast! 

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 19, 2019, 05:42:05 AM »
January 17 chapter 41 finis.

Offline 123Chikadee

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 19, 2019, 05:15:54 PM »
Wait, finished, like 41 chapters is the full extent of the book?

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 19, 2019, 05:50:58 PM »
Skin Game had 51 chapters.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 19, 2019, 07:22:52 PM »
No, as in finished another chapter.  Sorry.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 19, 2019, 08:03:09 PM »
That was a fast update, must be a short chapter  ;D
Missing you, Md 

Offline Micdavidson00042

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 22, 2019, 12:27:36 AM »
WoJ, he is up to chapter 40 I think. So maybe august. I would guess that there will be 50 to 70 chapters in Peace Talks. Then again I have just settled into the thought it won't be out till 2020.  ;P

Online Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 22, 2019, 11:56:55 AM »
WoJ, he is up to chapter 40 I think. So maybe august. I would guess that there will be 50 to 70 chapters in Peace Talks. Then again I have just settled into the thought it won't be out till 2020.  ;P

Sigh...... ::)

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 22, 2019, 12:16:49 PM »
41 not 40. I posted this earlier.  From Reddit.  Speaking about a May publication date.
priscellie

32 points ·
6 hours ago

I have been summoned!

This speculation is false. Jim posted chapter 40 to the beta list this morning, and there's a heavy helping of awesomeness left to be written. I can't see the book coming out any time in the first half of 2019.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 23, 2019, 04:26:17 AM »
If he continues to write at this rate, and the book is 52 chapters (I think someone said that's the average length), he will be done on April 14th, I think. I did the math, but did it days ago. Just get 12/7/18 to 1/17/19 to get the amount of time he has written, then do 41 minus 36 to get the chapters he has written, then divide the two, then do 52 minus 41 to get the estimated chapters remaining, then multiply the answer from the division by that number. Then add however long for it to get published.

Online Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 23, 2019, 04:31:59 AM »
If he continues to write at this rate, and the book is 52 chapters (I think someone said that's the average length), he will be done on April 14th, I think. I did the math, but did it days ago. Just get 12/7/18 to 1/17/19 to get the amount of time he has written, then do 41 minus 36 to get the chapters he has written, then divide the two, then do 52 minus 41 to get the estimated chapters remaining, then multiply the answer from the division by that number. Then add however long for it to get published.

Plus if he keeps his toes crossed and doesn't take any potty breaks..... ::)   As we all know the writing isn't the end of the process...  Maybe if we are lucky it will be in our Christmas stockings..