Author Topic: I expect to see  (Read 1886 times)

Offline dspringer1

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
I expect to see
« on: November 09, 2018, 12:38:38 AM »
These are some events that I expect to see in future Dresden books
*  Kincaide wielding one of the swords
*  Dresden in a tux, about to get married.     (not predicting if he actually gets married --- that just screams out for bride killed at the alter....)
*  Michael finding out that Molly is the Winter Lady -- in the middle of a battle where it comes out of her own mouth when she as she talks smack to some bad guy (forgetting her father was nearby....)
*  Ebenezer dying and Harry picking up the Blackstaff - and the job of Blackstaff - from his bloody corpse
*  Harry introducing Maggie and Thomas to Ebenezer on Christmas day -- probably in the same book where Ebenezer dies
*  Harry calling the head of the federal agency who monitors magic to invite them to some major magical conflict - and he got the number from the events in mirror mirror.  Incidentally I expect Stalling to be a member of this agency.... :)  His name has been mentioned way too often to NOT have a future role to play. 
*  Harry appears as godparent when Thomas presents his child to the White Court.    [in many ways functioning as Maleficent in the sleeping beauty...someone very scary that shows up to the party].  Probably a short story, but you have to admit it would be FUN. 

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: I expect to see
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 01:37:43 AM »
*  Harry calling the head of the federal agency who monitors magic to invite them to some major magical conflict - and he got the number from the events in mirror mirror.  Incidentally I expect Stalling to be a member of this agency.... :)  His name has been mentioned way too often to NOT have a future role to play. 

I'm pretty sure there are at least two, maybe three clued groups of Feds. The Librarians are super-secretive, but the guys from the comic Dog Men were ... not (i.e. stupid goons who don't care about being noticed by the supernaturals). There might even be another faction somewhere in between the two behind some of the things that actions that haven't been attributed to anyone yet.

The more paranoid end of the clued mortal authorities seem to view Murphy as tainted by being too close to Harry, and might extend that to most of the rest of SI who have dealt well with him. But Tilly and Stallings are probably among the more tempting recruits if there is a smart but not compulsively isolationist wing of the gov't.