Author Topic: Was the skull made on Demonreach?  (Read 2526 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
Was the skull made on Demonreach?
« on: October 29, 2018, 07:29:31 PM »
I don't recall if the new skull Harry fashioned for Bob, and which is now for Boneea was made on Demon Reach or not?  Reason I ask is because Jim said (from my memory) anything that comes from that Island is going to be tainted..... 

So Bonea could be influenced perhaps by that skull maybe.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 07:37:11 PM by groinkick »
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Was the skull made on Demonreach?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 10:17:17 PM »
Yes, it was.  It took 4 months.  As to the second, who knows what is in JB's twisted mind.

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 11:01:09 PM »
The amount of work put into it by Harry could moderate any DR related taint, too.

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2018, 12:53:06 AM »
Tbh I doubt there would be much if any negative effects just from being made on Demonreach.

Remember that it's not the Island itself that is tainted, it's the monsters buried under it. The negative reactions people have to the place is just them reacting to being in the general proximity of Demon Alcatraz.

Once away from the place it should just be a wooden skull.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2018, 05:40:33 AM »
I really wish I remembered which video it was...  I thought the topic was Harry's staff that he created from a tree on the Island, and Jim saying something like anything that comes from the Island is tainted...  I could be remembering completely wrong but I think that's right.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2018, 05:17:59 PM »
I think there is a link between items made from material from the island and the island.  So there may be abilities that Bonnie may get by being associated with a skull derived from Demonreach.
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2018, 03:44:28 AM »
I really wish I remembered which video it was...  I thought the topic was Harry's staff that he created from a tree on the Island, and Jim saying something like anything that comes from the Island is tainted...  I could be remembering completely wrong but I think that's right.

I think there was something about the new staff glowing with Alfred's characteristic shade of green rather than natural red-orange fire colours like the previous models being a consequence of the making it on and of the island, and Harry hasn't fully realized the implications. But I don't think the Q&A I'm thinking of outright said it was tainted.

Offline RobReece

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2018, 04:31:27 AM »
Well if it wasn't, it probably will be.