Author Topic: Some exposition I may have missed.  (Read 5410 times)

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Some exposition I may have missed.
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2018, 11:31:09 PM »
I'm not surprised, Jim likes to recycle.  Poor Bob. :(

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2018, 04:34:22 AM »
Thanks Mr Death. I will admit that likely means a set of bones was found, and in all probability was Justin. Even if Justin had a spare skeleton or two lying around I am sure the White Council could tell one from another if they really wanted to. Worth remembering that many on the Council knew who Harry was, and was meant to be before he joined the Council. We still don't know many details apart from the fact he is a "Starborn" whatever that means. So likely the White Council took a special interest in a Starborn breaking the laws.

I do think that it doesn't rule out Justin being active from beyond the grave, post-death if you will. Whether as a Ghost, resurrected human or body switch or some other spooky thing. But it likely rules out him flat out surviving the duel.

In saying all that - a fair few things in those early books had not been ironed out and have been retconned or contradicted since (both large and small details). Hopefully Jim reveals it before the BAT.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2018, 02:46:22 PM »
Just to correct you there Snark Knight, fire hurts Corporeal Ghosts. Doesn't effect non-corporeal (i.e. sane ghosts). Doesn't hurt a naked soul either, otherwise everyone who burned to death would end up in a state of Oblivion. Don't believe there has been any example of it hurting the non-corporeal.

Sir Stuart, a non-corporeal, non-crazy, ghost was burned by fire in Ghost Story.

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2018, 09:08:55 PM »
Sir Stuart, a non-corporeal, non-crazy, ghost was burned by fire in Ghost Story.

Yup, and it was a threat to Harry as a naked soul in the same scene.

I'm pretty sure that's actually why a flamethrower was on Jim's list of mundane weapons the Council employed to make Kemmler's execution stick for good after his final defeat.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2018, 01:30:28 PM »
Dresden does some serious repression of painful memories. Kinda of reminds me of what Wolverine's healing factor does to his brain.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?