Author Topic: Harry's name: NMWYG, TYA  (Read 3311 times)

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
Harry's name: NMWYG, TYA
« on: October 19, 2018, 08:41:19 PM »
I know this is probably kinda stupid, but I was in my therapists office earlier this week and he gave me a book titled something like "Wherever you go, there you are."
I sorta laughed and explained how there were two occurrences in the Dresden Files.  One was with Uriel telling Harry in Ghost Story.  The other one was in Fool Moon with IdHarry telling Harry "No Matter Where You Go, There You Are."  I also sorta explained how I believed that there was some tie into a later novel whereby Harry will travel back in time to one of these instances in which a "There You Are" occurs. 
Then I thought maybe Harry will end up with a Name that in some part is "No matter where you go, there you are."  It is used to summon Harry as it is part of his Name. 

Anyways, I really just wanted to post something because I haven't posted anything in a very long time.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 08:44:28 PM by raidem »
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Harry's name: NMWYG, TYA
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 10:48:32 PM »
Interesting idea. I agree that the is significance in the phrase - hell of a clue bat if an Archangel says that to you. Considering how he uses words in general. Not sure if I totally agree with your theory, but I like the idea that it is related to time travel.

Anyway, good to have you back my man!

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2018, 04:01:47 AM »
Always enjoy your posts, Raidem!

I think Harry's name will always be the key to him the same way Mab's true name is the key to her.  However Harry may pick up some titles along the way that make one able to call upon him the way Mab calls on Kringle, or Harry did when he summoned Mother Winter.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Ananda

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 09:07:50 PM »
Welcome back. No comment on the name theory, but I absolutely *love* that you explained your DF time travel theory to your therapist. :) I had to post a time travel theory of my own in your absence a month or two ago.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2018, 06:34:19 PM »
Yeah.  He was like resistant to me bringing up the Dresden Files.  I like had this plan to bring it up no matter what.  And he was like kinda against me bringing it up.  And I told him I was irked about it.  That it was a way to help organize my thoughts because I'm a bit scatterbrained.  So, once I told him what I was trying to accomplish in organizing my thoughts, and that basically me talking about the DF series was going to come out anyway, we agreed on a 5 minute time allotment for me to discuss the Dresden Files series with him.  LOL.

And so, I definitely made sure that I brought up my time travel theories about how Murphy=Mab, and how Harry will go back in time and that we may have already referenced/glimpsed this TT Harry in earlier book.  Or if not, he will at least be inserted at a time in which prior Harry existed in timeline, circumstance that is covered in book.   Whether or not the therapists gets it is besides the point.  I probably will also have to bring up how my constant mentioning of my theory drives people on the forum bonkers.  And, how I get into heated discussions... ETC.

See, I don't think he saw much merit into delving into the DF area of my life, but I did.  So, I sorta forced him to allow me to jump into it.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2018, 05:56:22 AM »
Yeah.  He was like resistant to me bringing up the Dresden Files.  I like had this plan to bring it up no matter what.  And he was like kinda against me bringing it up.  And I told him I was irked about it.  That it was a way to help organize my thoughts because I'm a bit scatterbrained.  So, once I told him what I was trying to accomplish in organizing my thoughts, and that basically me talking about the DF series was going to come out anyway, we agreed on a 5 minute time allotment for me to discuss the Dresden Files series with him.  LOL.

And so, I definitely made sure that I brought up my time travel theories about how Murphy=Mab, and how Harry will go back in time and that we may have already referenced/glimpsed this TT Harry in earlier book.  Or if not, he will at least be inserted at a time in which prior Harry existed in timeline, circumstance that is covered in book.   Whether or not the therapists gets it is besides the point.  I probably will also have to bring up how my constant mentioning of my theory drives people on the forum bonkers.  And, how I get into heated discussions... ETC.

See, I don't think he saw much merit into delving into the DF area of my life, but I did.  So, I sorta forced him to allow me to jump into it.

lol.  Would be so funny if he was a dresden fan and the session turned into a debate on the topic.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2018, 12:11:41 AM »
It would be extra funny if it was my Nemesis. LOL.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2018, 05:29:52 AM »
It would be extra funny if it was my Nemesis. LOL.

lol Do you still talk to your nemesis?  I have no clue who it is.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2018, 04:41:57 PM »
Eldest Gruff. And not really.  He is on Discord Reddit.  He got kicked off this Forum, or at least the last one.

We don't argue much now, except if one of us wants gets in the mood to quibble on some minor thing.  I haven't been on Reddit lately.  I'd say he isn't so much my Nemesis now.