Author Topic: Molly  (Read 21404 times)

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Molly
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2018, 02:22:02 AM »
They can or Harry's would shrink each time he used soulfire.  Bob said it can be restored as well.

As long as she has love, friendship, family she should be doing ok I would think.
I meant the souls of those who are fae.  If they can't be restored, then it doesn't matter how much friendship, family, etc... Molly has, she's got no way to reap the benefits.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2018, 05:08:40 AM »
I meant the souls of those who are fae.  If they can't be restored, then it doesn't matter how much friendship, family, etc... Molly has, she's got no way to reap the benefits.
That is what is sometimes said about the Sidhe but it is not always what is shown, what is shown is slightly more complicated even for someone like Mab or Titania. Even more so for Molly.

The human Molly is still there heavily restricted by the mantle but that does not mean the mantle dictates all her behavior and feelings.

Her weekly visits to her parents must help her in some way.

That is a hypothesis but because Molly is in a transition period and still has a soul it might work slightly different. Her weekly visits home probably do her something good.

At the moment the human is still there under the mantle
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2018, 05:11:35 AM »
The human Molly is still there heavily restricted by the mantle but that does not mean the mantle dictates all her behavior and feelings.

Her weekly visits to her parents must help her in some way.

That is a hypothesis but because Molly is in a transition period and still has a soul it might work slightly different. Her weekly visits home probably do her something good.

At the moment the human is still there under the mantle
MUST the visits help her though?  Yeah, she's got some of her humanity left, but it's been a relatively short while, and she's got nigh on eternity to go.

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2018, 12:02:53 PM »
I imagine it's one of those things where every little bit helps
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2018, 01:02:21 PM »
MUST the visits help her though?  Yeah, she's got some of her humanity left, but it's been a relatively short while, and she's got nigh on eternity to go.
Ladies are not that long living, the previous ones were not that old. Give her half a millennium or so and more than enough time to die in some Halloween during the next apocalypse. If she keeps good relations with Uriel he will keep a job open for her. 

Uriel did not seem that concerned for Molly and that is the same Uriel who was concerned for her in Ghost story.

SH[Elaine+++]

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2018, 05:50:06 PM »

She has most of her humanity left.  She's nothing like Mab, or Maeve at this point.  Remember what Harry was told be Uriel.  He still has a Choice.  So does Molly.  If she chooses to hold on to her humanity she will be ok.  At least in theory.  That being said, time is not on her side.  Time will pass, her loved ones will grow old and leave her one by one...  If and when she becomes isolated she will more than likely slip into the Winter Lady mantle entirely. 

Jim said Mab may still have some soul left (not a direct answer but left open to the possibility), and her humanity seems all but gone.  She embraces being Mab, and has so for a long time.  So if she can still have some left I think Molly still has most of hers since she still has a lot of ties to her humanity, doesn't really want to be Winter Lady, and has been a Lady for a short period of time.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2018, 06:44:16 PM »
She has most of her humanity left.  She's nothing like Mab, or Maeve at this point.  Remember what Harry was told be Uriel.  He still has a Choice.  So does Molly.  If she chooses to hold on to her humanity she will be ok.  At least in theory.  That being said, time is not on her side.  Time will pass, her loved ones will grow old and leave her one by one...  If and when she becomes isolated she will more than likely slip into the Winter Lady mantle entirely. 

Jim said Mab may still have some soul left (not a direct answer but left open to the possibility), and her humanity seems all but gone.  She embraces being Mab, and has so for a long time.  So if she can still have some left I think Molly still has most of hers since she still has a lot of ties to her humanity, doesn't really want to be Winter Lady, and has been a Lady for a short period of time.

Molly has only been at this for a year or so, let's wait until she has been at it a thousand years and see how her soul is doing...

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2018, 06:54:40 PM »
Molly has only been at this for a year or so, let's wait until she has been at it a thousand years and see how her soul is doing...

lol I don't think we have to worry about her being Winter Lady for a thousand years. 
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Maz

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2018, 07:44:18 PM »
For Molly to make it 1000 as winter lady would require Mab to make it to 1942... and that's not happening :)

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2018, 09:05:47 PM »
For Molly to make it 1000 as winter lady would require Mab to make it to 1942... and that's not happening :)
No because Mab is going to die during or just before the apocalyptic triology. That is the way to make really hell break loose and shock everything. Molly will be totally unprepared for her new role but she will be able to bumb Ramirez and get a few nice changelings as spare ladies.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2018, 02:49:46 AM »
No because Mab is going to die during or just before the apocalyptic triology. That is the way to make really hell break loose and shock everything. Molly will be totally unprepared for her new role but she will be able to bumb Ramirez and get a few nice changelings as spare ladies.

Does it have to be Mab who dies?  Mother Winter could have something that happens that results in her stepping down/dying, Mab ascends, and we are again stuck with Molly as queen.

Also there is a chance that the Mantle will either go back to Mother Winter who will choose who deserves it such as Leah.  Or she could be the one who the Mantle goes to....  Molly might not get it just because she's a Lady....

Offline Carl

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2018, 10:12:58 AM »
There's an actual WoJ on the soul thing somwhere. She;s ok but if she lets go too much she can lose it. From reading the short and doing a bit of reading between the lines i think basically the more she leans on the mantle the less "human" she becomes and the more bits of her soul get cut off. On the other hand WoJ confirmed that Mab may or may not still have a bit of hers left, he basically gave the shrug of god. And Mab is ancient given we've been told to look at celtic queens for hints as to her human identity.

Her response to mab at the end about not being done with the conversation vis a vis Tribute speaks strongly in her favour overall. She's not just giving in and going along with everything the fae way.
Possibly Ivy and Molly's biggest fan, i'm too chivalrous and kind for my own damm good. A bit like a certain Wizard we all know :).

Molly should get this shirt.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2018, 12:20:00 PM »
There's an actual WoJ on the soul thing somwhere. She;s ok but if she lets go too much she can lose it. From reading the short and doing a bit of reading between the lines i think basically the more she leans on the mantle the less "human" she becomes and the more bits of her soul get cut off. On the other hand WoJ confirmed that Mab may or may not still have a bit of hers left, he basically gave the shrug of god. And Mab is ancient given we've been told to look at celtic queens for hints as to her human identity.

Her response to mab at the end about not being done with the conversation vis a vis Tribute speaks strongly in her favour overall. She's not just giving in and going along with everything the fae way.
It is really a long term issue. Great chances that it won't become an issue between now and the destruction of the dresdenverse in the next apocalypse.  ;D
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2018, 01:26:35 PM »
It won't be an issue in the sense of the Story anyway. In terms of Molly's actual lifespan, 10-20 years (About what Bob gave Lily) isn't that 'long term' really.

Already we've seen her struggling with the Mantle literally body-jacking her to force her to fulfill her role as a good little robot, to the point where she can't even speak as she chooses.

But she 'chose' to be in the general vicinity of a faerie queen when they died, so it's not a breach of free will to be literally enslaved and have your body puppeted like a marionette! (Seriously, between that lame-ass excuse and Michael's House having holes in it's defences you could drive a Panzer Division through, Heaven needs to step up it's game).

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2018, 05:36:53 PM »
It won't be an issue in the sense of the Story anyway. In terms of Molly's actual lifespan, 10-20 years (About what Bob gave Lily) isn't that 'long term' really.
Bob is somewhat pessimistic because he only saw weak willed knights, he did not give Harry any chance at all.

Already we've seen her struggling with the Mantle literally body-jacking her to force her to fulfill her role as a good little robot, to the point where she can't even speak as she chooses.
That is a restriction but she is supposed to work around it. Maeve did not fulfill her role as a good little robot for about 150 years before Nemesis got her.

Which is also a far too negative description based on Harry’s unreliable narrative. Molly has a purpose, an important job to do and fulfilling your purpose is not slavery. Ask Uriel. Ask Gard.

It is not a waste of her life. She actually has an important role in the defense of us all.
But she 'chose' to be in the general vicinity of a faerie queen when they died, so it's not a breach of free will to be literally enslaved and have your body puppeted like a marionette! (Seriously, between that lame-ass excuse and Michael's House having holes in it's defences you could drive a Panzer Division through, Heaven needs to step up it's game).
Well her parents decided to have children in that dangerous world so the rest is a result of their free willed choice.

SH[Elaine+++]