Author Topic: Molly  (Read 21427 times)

Offline wildone654

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Molly
« on: October 14, 2018, 05:11:36 PM »
So what's the deal with Molly and her new job? Is she still human? Does she still have a soul? Is she going to turn into a full fledged fairy?

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Molly
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 05:21:23 PM »
So what's the deal with Molly and her new job? Is she still human? Does she still have a soul? Is she going to turn into a full fledged fairy?
Watch out. She is probably already Sidhe enough to seriously harm you if you call her fairy.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 05:22:04 PM »
From what I understand, the closest to answers we have from WOJ amount to:

1. *vague 'eh' hand gesture*
2. For now
3. *shrugging maybe?*
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2018, 05:27:47 PM »
She did not suddenly lost her soul though, such things take time.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Paviel

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2018, 05:41:25 PM »
And souls can be restored too. Harry doesn't have a finite amount of Soulfire for the rest of his life; he just has to make sure not to use too much, too quickly, and not give himself an opportunity to enjoy himself.

Though, as Winter Knight, he'll probably have very few opportunities to enjoy himself anyway, and Molly as Winter Lady will have even fewer...

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2018, 06:09:22 PM »
I think Harry has instilled enough of himself in her to resist being full blown Sidhe...  To be a full blown Sidhe you need to fully embrace it...  She has in some ways but in others she seems resistant.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2018, 09:24:29 PM »
I think Harry has instilled enough of himself in her to resist being full blown Sidhe...  To be a full blown Sidhe you need to fully embrace it...  She has in some ways but in others she seems resistant.

Agreed, at least while her parents are still alive, I cannot see her going all Sidhe.

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2018, 10:45:26 PM »
And souls can be restored too. Harry doesn't have a finite amount of Soulfire for the rest of his life; he just has to make sure not to use too much, too quickly, and not give himself an opportunity to enjoy himself.
The thing is, I don't know that souls can be restored.  I have an idea that the way it works with turning fae like that is that the process means that you can't restore your soul, and once you've used up what you've got, that's it.  That's how things work to turn you into a full on fae.  Something interferes with the process.  Molly can't bump uglies for example, which can be a soul replenishing activity.

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2018, 12:38:29 AM »
Though, as Winter Knight, he'll probably have very few opportunities to enjoy himself anyway, and Molly as Winter Lady will have even fewer...

Well it's not like intimacy with another person is the only way to regrow the soul. Making art would probably do.

But I'm not sure there is a recharge option for somebody who's carrying one of the Queen mantles at all.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2018, 12:56:09 AM »
Well, no soul points from Ramirez. What I wonder is, had Harry slept with her, could she have become the the Winter Lady? Or is the position only available to virgins? 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2018, 01:21:36 AM »
Lily was by no means a virgin. Has nothing to do with becoming a Lady.
As for Molly, I don't see her becoming full fae anytime soon, but she's making a good start, and will get there, eventually. Especially since Harry pointed out that he's not her boss anymore.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2018, 02:28:57 AM »
Keeping in mind that Lily was the Summer Lady, not Winter, there may be different criteria.  We don't know just how those rules work.

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2018, 04:35:44 AM »
Keeping in mind that Lily was the Summer Lady, not Winter, there may be different criteria.  We don't know just how those rules work.
Well, they're both the triple goddess -- the Maiden, the Mother and the Crone. A maiden is, by definition, virginal, so it's a pretty safe assumption.
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2018, 07:28:44 AM »
Well, they're both the triple goddess -- the Maiden, the Mother and the Crone. A maiden is, by definition, virginal, so it's a pretty safe assumption.
Well there is a whole bunch of translation issues here  ;D

Saying that I think Jim will probably go with the traditional one.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2018, 07:39:14 PM »
The thing is, I don't know that souls can be restored.
They can or Harry's would shrink each time he used soulfire.  Bob said it can be restored as well.

I have an idea that the way it works with turning fae like that is that the process means that you can't restore your soul, and once you've used up what you've got, that's it.  That's how things work to turn you into a full on fae.  Something interferes with the process.  Molly can't bump uglies for example, which can be a soul replenishing activity.

As long as she has love, friendship, family she should be doing ok I would think.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.