Author Topic: Magical Tattoos  (Read 9419 times)

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Magical Tattoos
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2018, 04:30:51 PM »
Hey, the Warded man tattoed himself. But that's another thought.
As for the distortion and misalignment, Elaine used a warded chain instead of a staff. Granted, every link in itself is solid, but the whole twists and changes with its movement.
And as for the heat, you don't have to use fire there, there are still a lot of options to use. Offensively or defencively. Maybe a kinetic dispersal pattern, to be able to withstand a punch or a quarterstaff hit.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Magical Tattoos
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2018, 09:56:39 PM »
Assuming I'm not mistaken, didn't the coat become water repellent as a result of the sigils on it.  So those type of tats might keep him from taking a bath. And  what would making his skin bullet resistant do to the skin.  I'm thinking  a bad case of callouses.  Humor aside, why would you?   I took Aristedes tats as a sign of his lack of skills.  Molly just disappears. And as Harry once said you can always hit them with a staff.

On the subject of tattoos.  A character in a book called, The Stars My Destination, may have been one inspiration for Susan's tattoos.  And if you are looking for a good read it may be worth your time.