Author Topic: What kind of big twist are you expecting?  (Read 3765 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
What kind of big twist are you expecting?
« on: October 06, 2018, 05:37:35 AM »
I'm sure in the next books there is going to be some sort of big twist that wasn't expected.  Cowl is actually on the side of good, or Eb is actually bad, or something along those lines.  What kind of thing do you see happening?  What lead you to believe this twist would happen?

Just thinking of something fun for people to chat about.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Avernite

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: What kind of big twist are you expecting?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 08:24:58 AM »
The Merlin was actually right to distrust Harry and any Starborn, not because they can stop Outsiders but because they're the only ones who can really get them in (as proven by the other earth-altering madness Harry does manage to get away with).

I think so because, while a nasty politician, the Merlin also seems to have a key role leading a Council that contains a position key to the survival of humanity (the Gatekeeper) and Merlin-the-original probably hid more secrets than just said Gatekeeper and the Blackstaff. From that, I started wondering what he knows that we don't, and this option seems fitting with
(click to show/hide)

Whether that is sufficient cause for JB to include it is anyone's guess.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 06:46:27 PM »
The Merlin was actually right to distrust Harry and any Starborn, not because they can stop Outsiders but because they're the only ones who can really get them in (as proven by the other earth-altering madness Harry does manage to get away with).

I think so because, while a nasty politician, the Merlin also seems to have a key role leading a Council that contains a position key to the survival of humanity (the Gatekeeper) and Merlin-the-original probably hid more secrets than just said Gatekeeper and the Blackstaff. From that, I started wondering what he knows that we don't, and this option seems fitting with
(click to show/hide)

Whether that is sufficient cause for JB to include it is anyone's guess.

Well Outsiders have already been let in.  Lord Raith had some minor practitioners who were able to let in HHWB.  Do you mean like on a larger scale?
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Avernite

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 08:16:36 AM »
Well Outsiders have already been let in.  Lord Raith had some minor practitioners who were able to let in HHWB.  Do you mean like on a larger scale?
Yeah, I mean on a scale like 'the Outer Gates are blown wide open and any Outsider can come through'.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2018, 02:42:11 PM »

Oh something a bit far out like Thomas becoming Summer Knight...

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2018, 05:15:44 AM »

Oh something a bit far out like Thomas becoming Summer Knight...

Do you think it would happen while he still had his demon (making him pretty darn formidable to Harry), or will have had lost it?

Offline Con

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2018, 07:44:22 AM »
Really looking forward to Ebenezar and Thomas family realisation.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2018, 01:44:57 PM »
The Fomor betray everyone and try to kill everyone. It is a given. It is in their nature. They can not resist the urge and Mab and Lea know it will happen because of that.

They will bring giants. I remember a woj about the einherjar who can not wait to fight them.

Finding the twist is more difficult because this is all very straight forward. Mab will bring the twist because she is prepared. But maybe not prepared enough and everything explodes in a massive brawl because Jim wants to show a real fight with supernaturals.

Something like that.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2018, 04:40:03 PM »
The Fomor betray everyone and try to kill everyone. It is a given. It is in their nature. They can not resist the urge and Mab and Lea know it will happen because of that.

They will bring giants. I remember a woj about the einherjar who can not wait to fight them.

Finding the twist is more difficult because this is all very straight forward. Mab will bring the twist because she is prepared. But maybe not prepared enough and everything explodes in a massive brawl because Jim wants to show a real fight with supernaturals.

Something like that.

I can see Mab going tiny, even  micro, how about an ice earwig in a giant's ear?    ::)  Nasty.. :o

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2018, 07:43:44 PM »
Thomas as new Lord Raith figurehead for Lara.
Murphy meeting her dad.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2018, 01:24:01 AM »
Murphy meeting her dad.
I trying to figure out how to read this.  You are expecting Murphy to croak, is that it?  After all her father resides in somewhere hard to get to for a mortal.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2018, 05:14:07 AM »
I trying to figure out how to read this.  You are expecting Murphy to croak, is that it?  After all her father resides in somewhere hard to get to for a mortal.

Well her father appears to be taking an active role in things.  Harry hadn't crossed completely over, and saw him.  So he may be able to make himself known on the mortal plane if things line up correctly. 

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2018, 09:32:49 AM »
People see ghosts all the time in Dresdenverse. Don't have to die to see one; but, it helps.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2018, 04:52:29 PM »
Murphy meeting her dad.

I like the one I highlighted, the second one not so much.  However, I could see a future scene; not necessarily in Peace Talks, where a supernatural character meeting Murphy for the first time says, "I saw your father in action once.  He was dissuading a friend of mine from preying upon another mortal.  Your father was very effective.  He annoyed me very much."  Something to both add some mystery and get Murphy thinking about her dad.

However, my prediction is we will be shown that the White Council has lost its internal unity.  It is only pretending to be unified to the outside supernatural world.  The division we saw in Changes haven't healed.   Cristos has more influence and the Merlin is accommodating him in an attempt to show unity to both real and potential outside threats and protect the Council from the internal threat of dissolution and civil war. 

This will set up a long term problem for Harry, and one that goes well past Peace Talks.  Harry will have to decide where he stands, and probably on more than one issue.  For example, I could see Harry initially decide to support the Merlin in Peace Talks, much to Arthur Langtry's surprise, only to decide to split with the Council at a later time under different circumstances.   

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx