Author Topic: The State of the Wiki  (Read 6311 times)

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
The State of the Wiki
« on: October 04, 2018, 11:05:03 AM »
As you may have noticed, the Wiki's down. Wikispaces has closed.

Fortunately, it has a new home. Hosted alongside this forum, in fact. Here's the URL: https://dfrpg-resources.paranetonline.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

Unfortunately, I haven't finished copying everything over. Attempts to automate the process failed so I'm doing it by hand. It's not a ton of fun.

Fortunately, I started before the wiki went down and the new wiki is actually perfectly usable.

Unfortunately, it looks ugly. Can't upload images at the moment. Hopefully that'll be fixed soon.

There are four things left to do: The Template pages, the individual Power pages (the Powers are there, they just don't each have a page to themselves), the individual character pages, and some random pages in the Liverpool setting. I left these for last because there are a lot of pages in each category and each page is pretty low-priority. But I'll get them done.

I've corrected the link in my sig, but other links on this forum are broken. If you want one fixed, report the post and I'll edit it for you.

Offline Ghostfreak

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: The State of the Wiki
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 01:28:43 PM »
Thank you for sharing this information; I was worried that all of that hard work was going to disappear forever. But I am glad that people with a heart managed to save it; can't wait to see what it looks like once its finally done.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 07:27:45 PM »
Bookmarked. Thanks.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 11:31:41 AM »
You're very welcome.

Thank you for sharing this information; I was worried that all of that hard work was going to disappear forever. But I am glad that people with a heart managed to save it; can't wait to see what it looks like once its finally done.

Won't be too exciting, honestly. But there'll be a proper logo in the top left corner, and a few pictures here and there.

Right now, every time I look at a page, I see that sunflower and cringe.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 10:49:30 AM »
Liverpool's done. Lots of typos and the like, but those were always there.

Gonna do Powers next.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2018, 02:16:11 AM »
Finished Powers and Templates. That just leaves Characters.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2018, 08:48:01 AM »
And done.

Still some stuff that needs doing on the server side, but I've done my part. Every page has been copied over faithfully and in full.

Offline Ghostfreak

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2018, 12:51:25 PM »
Thank you so much for your efforts; it is very much appreciated as I've been meaning to look for stunts to make my swordsman better. Any recommendations?

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2018, 05:01:51 AM »
Well, the classic is a bonus to Weapons when you're wielding a sword. Bit boring, but it's logical and effective. Might even be a bit too effective, if circumstances never push you away from using your weapon of choice. And if your Athletics isn't too good, the ability to defend against ranged attacks with Weapons is good to have.

Apart from that, it depends on who your swordsman is. Do they fight aggressively? Defensively? Do they have any special tricks?

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2019, 03:30:49 AM »
Wiki is currently overrun by spambots. Should be an easy problem to fix, but isn't, for a variety of stupid reasons.

In any case, we're working on it.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2019, 10:22:06 AM »
I put up a stopgap fix a couple of days ago; it seems to be holding up okay. Wiki's currently pretty usable.