Author Topic: Create a fake spoiler for Peace Talks - for fun  (Read 4806 times)

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
Create a fake spoiler for Peace Talks - for fun
« on: October 02, 2018, 02:13:25 AM »
I followed a link in another post to the Amazon webpage for the 16th Dresden Files novel that doesn't even name it Peace Talks and (wisely) doesn't give a release date.  After seeing this (placeholder?) webpage I had a very real desire to create a fake book review for PT.  I clicked on the link to do so and it looks like I could if I wanted too.  I wasn't sure how I would claim to know what's in the novel.  It wouldn't tell a blatant lie such as Jim let me see an advanced copy of the novel.  That would be gauche.  I thought of doing something more creative.  I played with the idea of claiming; after I wrote a long extended sentence or two of BS to hide or obscure my deception from most readers, that I psychically read the entire novel before Jim finished writing it.

The real problem is what I'd write about Peace Talks itself.  I'd give it 5-stars, I know that much, but it gets a little fuzzy after that.  Normally, if I review something; which is pretty rare, I don't like to give away any spoilers.  However, in making up a fake review perhaps creating some fake spoilers would be fun, but then there's the question of how far to go with my make believe spoilers.  For example, it would be one thing to say to my audience, "Those of you waiting for Ebenezar and Thomas to finally meet one another won't be disappointed," but it might be far more enjoyable to be more creative and say something like, "I had wondered what would happen when Eb and Thomas first spoke to each other, but I never  pictured them having to team up to fight a kaiju to protect a wounded Harry.  That scene was more cool than Harry riding zombie tyrannosaurus Sue in Dead Beat." 

Of course rather than making up nonexistent book scenes to review I could hint at scenes without actually describing anything at all.  For example, "Some readers may be upset at direction Jim appears to be heading Murphy towards."  That's a really vague statement that could mean anything to anyone.

So I guess my challenge for anyone reading this post is to create a fake spoiler for Peace Talks; however detailed or vaguely suggestive you'd like to make it, and post it here.             
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 06:37:04 AM by KurtinStGeorge »
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Create a fake spoiler for Peace Talks - for fun
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 06:28:21 PM »
Bah...Mab is Murphy!!!
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 07:14:42 PM »
"Harry thought Mab was the most dangerous person he'd ever met.  That was until he came face to chest with Drakul.  He'd met his eyes for only a moment, and the soul gaze too effect much quicker than it should.  The horrors he witnessed left him lying on the floor quivering, his pants wet with urine, and his face with dried vomit.  Oh how he wished Molly could remove the images he saw."
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 07:00:58 PM »
In order to bring harmony to the supernatural, Dresden must attend a special peace conference held at a Motel 6 located on the outskirts of Chicago. Except "peace talks" actually means "orgy" in the supernatural world. And, Mac is supplying the drinks.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 08:09:06 PM »

Murphy is pregnant with triplets....  Mab is claiming the first born as Molly's future husband... The Merlin has traded the two younger to the Fomor for peace....  Harry goes postal..

Offline Wolfeyes

• Conversationalist
  • Certified bookworm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 05:23:04 PM »
When the dust settles and the murderer (it's Fix btw, who was looking to get revenge on Harry via proxy — it ends with a great fight that shows off what two seasoned knights of the Fae courts can really do!), it's determined debts need to be paid. Titania selects her new knight.

Mister.

Offline Ananda

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2018, 11:01:51 PM »
I was going to skip over the sex scene with Mavra in Peace Talks, but it was actually very well done and, surprisingly, rather steamy despite the near vomit inducing portion when one of her bits broke off during the encounter and she used it as a sex toy on her shocked partner.

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2018, 01:29:05 AM »
I was going to skip over the sex scene with Mavra in Peace Talks, but it was actually very well done and, surprisingly, rather steamy despite the near vomit inducing portion when one of her bits broke off during the encounter and she used it as a sex toy on her shocked partner.
um.... thanks for that.  :-\
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2018, 10:43:52 AM »
What bit broke off?
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2018, 12:45:31 PM »
What bit broke off?
As if it makes any difference. Why are you encouraging this? :s
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2018, 12:11:05 AM »
Apologies, I am a morbidly curious person.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline Ananda

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2018, 09:00:12 PM »
What bit broke off?
I knew that I could count on you! 
A finger. According to the text, she wasn’t going to use it at first, but ended up using it ... in the end.  8)

Offline oopsboom

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2018, 06:27:45 PM »
5 stars
The cliff hanger left me on the edge of my seat.  I can't want for the next book to come out to find out of everyone makes it out!

-i died a little inside writing that

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2018, 10:16:28 PM »
Pinky or thumb? It makes a difference!
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2018, 10:10:01 PM »
I for one was quite surprised by the twist that Peace Talks was about nothing but actual negotiations and political maneuvering held entirely in legalese and nothing actually went wrong for the entire Conference.

TBH I think the only person more shocked was Harry.

Pinky or thumb? It makes a difference!

Let's just say Mavra knows more then one way to give someone the Middle Finger.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 10:12:06 PM by forumghost »