Author Topic: Snowleopard could use some help!  (Read 276 times)

Offline Blaze

• Who needs a hug?
  • Warden
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Snowleopard could use some help!
« on: September 29, 2018, 03:41:12 AM »
Our very own Snowy is in a bit of a pickle. 

She has had brain surgery, can't work and her rent is due.

Here is a link to her gofundme.  https://www.gofundme.com/franevans

If any of you are in a position to help please consider her plight.

If you are not able to help financially, you can promote her gofundme on your media stream should you choose... 

Thanks!

Chi p, non v; chi v, non p; chi s, non f; chi f, non s; e cos, male il mondo va.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Snowleopard could use some help!
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 09:12:34 PM »
Thanks for telling us, Blaze!!

After going there, I was shocked to realize the gofundme was established a lot of time ago.

My best wishes for Snowy!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 09:22:35 PM by Dina »
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Blaze

• Who needs a hug?
  • Warden
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 11:47:52 PM »
Snowy is doing everything she can to pay her rent, looking for a room mate (but the landlord keeps turning them down) selling everything she has of value, from her Mom's engagement ring to the tiny monster statures she has had for decades, and now she is just about out of ideas, which is why I shared the gofundme here. 

Apparently where she lives is expensive, and like many people who have had huge medical expenses, she does not have enough money to move away. 

Thanks, Dina, I will let her know that you send her the very best.  Mostly she is only on FB anymore.
Chi p, non v; chi v, non p; chi s, non f; chi f, non s; e cos, male il mondo va.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2018, 04:18:13 AM »
I donated what I could. I wish I can do more but dollar is too expensive for me now.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Ren

• Seriously?
  • AKA: Renmonster The Horgymeister
    • View Profile
    • The Forbidden Dojo 3-D Art
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2018, 02:17:21 AM »
((((SNOWEH))))
We Miss You, Get Well!
"Brain Makes My Math Hurt" - me

"Eeyore is my Totem Animal" - me

"Pants are overrated!" - me

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
  • Tempus Narrabo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2018, 12:03:31 AM »
Damn it -_- . Snow's in trouble and I can't do a damn thing to help -_- . I'm sorry Snowy -_- . Feel better ASAP and tell your Landlord he's a jerk -_- ! We miss you!
Rest Well Mdodd, and Please Watch over Us...

Relinquo spes totus ye quisnam penetro hic...

Strong like bull, smart like tractor, smooth like brick - smell like goat!

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2018, 12:36:01 AM »
I disagree. You can send her all your good vibes. I trust in the "good waves" reaching her and helping her to cope with bad things. Of course, it would be nice to help with money (I've only could give a small amount of money and believe me I wish to give more) but you are doing something, I am sure she is grateful for that
Missing you, Md 

Offline Blaze

• Who needs a hug?
  • Warden
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2018, 01:26:13 AM »
Dina is correct, sending her well wishes is a good thing, because she can also use moral support!

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
  • Tempus Narrabo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2018, 02:25:58 AM »
*Sends Snowy every last good vibe I got* (>_<) !
Rest Well Mdodd, and Please Watch over Us...

Relinquo spes totus ye quisnam penetro hic...

Strong like bull, smart like tractor, smooth like brick - smell like goat!

Offline Blaze

• Who needs a hug?
  • Warden
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2018, 08:19:54 PM »
Bumping this thread, because Snowy is still waaay short on rent!

Offline Blaze

• Who needs a hug?
  • Warden
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2018, 01:00:00 PM »
Someone just asked if Snowy still needs help, and the answer is:  Yes!

https://www.gofundme.com/franevans

Her gofundme shows her over the goal by $11 but please note that is was started in 2016, and the goal was not reached in a timely fashion to provide a cushion, so now she is in crisis management mode!

Offline FireWorks

• Posty McPostington
  • On the lookout for minions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2018, 02:07:37 PM »
My deepest wishes for you ((Snowy)).
I didn't know we had a new website, I should have checked ages ago so that I could help sooner.

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2018, 08:38:03 PM »
Heyla folks. It's Snowy - who's really bad at communicating. Made this months rent in part to all you very good folks and your good thoughts. Thank you, thank you, thank you. And don't worry Otlan - I understand entirely not being able to help your friends. As Dina says - good vibes help. Or as Donald Sutherland said in some movie - "No negative waves, Moriarty."
All ready gearing up for next month. This is a constant struggle. Too much rent and too little money and it's too expensive to move anywhere even if I could afford it.
Thought I had a roomie but it turns out he's begun to have serious cognitive problems and I'd have to be a full time caretaker - which is not something I really want to get into again. (Five years for my mom.) So that's a no go. Deep sigh. So think good thoughts, please, about me getting a roomie and/or making enough money.
 By the by - my brain surgery was back several years ago. I seem to have mostly bounced back from it - but by being too sedentary during that time - my knees are crap which makes getting around a bit hard. (I'm still as crazy as ever however - that seemed not to have changed. ;D)
 Miss all you guys and I'll try to be around more.
  Huggles and Chuggles.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2018, 12:21:17 AM »
(((((((((Snowy)))))))))) Sending all the best vibes, and I will send money whenever I can. As I told you, it's not easy for me right now (U$S is too expensive for us now) but I'll do what I can.

It's so good to see you back here!  :)

Missing you, Md