Author Topic: Potential new identity of Mac  (Read 5406 times)

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
Potential new identity of Mac
« on: September 15, 2018, 05:39:46 AM »
Hi All,

Mac means son of. So could Mac be the son of someone important?

Also;

Now I am not saying that this invalidates any other identities, but in doing some browsing I came across this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuan_mac_Cairill

Of note, the association with St Patrick and the living multiple lives and seeing the many invasions ties in nicely with his Watcher background. How this all ties in to the Outsiders, I don't know but I suspect there is at least some connection here. It would be very Jim.

ALSO: Tuan mac Cairill is an immortal shapeshifter. His origins trace back to the Antediluvian age, making him possibly the oldest being on the island. He is perhaps one of the legendary Nephilim. Tuan was once a follower of Partholón, though as the sole survivor of the plague that slew all the Partholóin, he is regarded with great suspicion. Mostly reclusive, he charges himself as watcher of the lands, having witnessed all the invaders arrive and perish in turn.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 09:41:54 PM by Yuillegan »

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Potential new identity of Mac
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 06:14:51 AM »
Also - the Archive may have a link in mythology.

Fintan mac Bóchra -
the repository of all knowledge of Ireland and all history

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 02:12:10 PM »
I'm pretty sure there is a WAG that basically has Mac as being a 'Harry' at some point, some place in time.  He was a pivotal player and got burned so he is like "I'm totally Out on this."  "I want nothing to do with this, this time around."
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline Maz

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 08:09:42 PM »
Mac was called a "Watcher" by He Who Walks Before.
Mac has both claimed himself to be "out" and was stated by others to be "out".
Mab shows Mac respect.
I think Mac's identity would need a stronger tie to these things.
While it is possible, I'm pretty sure Mac, in this case, is simply short for McAnally.

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2018, 08:12:19 PM »
Also, Mac has never done anything that a vanilla human couldn't do.  And I think there's WoJ that he's not a scion.  The WoJ is out there, I'm not 100% sure it's about Mac.

Offline exartiem

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 11:17:03 PM »
My favorite theory is still one posed a few years ago:  Mac is Odin's missing eye.

It fits him being called 'watcher', it fits him saying he's 'out'.  Mab shows respect because of her Accords.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2018, 12:18:49 AM »
Also, Mac has never done anything that a vanilla human couldn't do.  And I think there's WoJ that he's not a scion.  The WoJ is out there, I'm not 100% sure it's about Mac.
Maeve shoots him in Cold Days and he heals almost instantly while unconscious after Mab removes the bullet  You can read it as Mab healing him or Mac healing himself.  But why did Mab take out the bullet? 

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2018, 09:27:03 PM »
Maeve shoots him in Cold Days and he heals almost instantly while unconscious after Mab removes the bullet  You can read it as Mab healing him or Mac healing himself.  But why did Mab take out the bullet?

It may be as simple as Mab felt responsible because Maeve was her daughter and she did the shooting.

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2018, 09:40:19 PM »
But there's definitely something going on between Mab and Mac beyond a normal interaction.  His whole "May your scales return to the balance" implies a bit more of a connection to me.  Especially when Mab calls him a flatterer.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 03:38:08 AM by peregrine »

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2018, 11:40:22 AM »
But there's definitely something going on between Mab and Mac beyond a normal interaction.  His whole "May your scales return to the balance" implies a bit more of a connection to me.  Especially when Mab calls him a flatterer.

Retired Winter Knight?   Father of her children?

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2018, 06:12:33 PM »
Retired Winter Knight would go against the whole "not done anything a vanilla mortal can't do" I would expect.  Mab's lover is possible though it would require some time shenanigans, but that's within the realm of vanilla mortalhood if a fae/Nevernever is doing it.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2018, 01:40:44 AM »
It may be as simple as Mab felt responsible because Maeve was her daughter and she did the shooting.

Has Mab ever really showed that kind of thing?  Is she even capable of healing someone without something of value in return?  I don't think so.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2018, 02:11:57 AM »
Has Mab ever really showed that kind of thing?  Is she even capable of healing someone without something of value in return?  I don't think so.
Eh... She answered Lea's summons on her behalf.  Now, Maeve was actively working against Winter when she shot Mac, so it's not quite the same thing, but it's not outrageously out there.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2018, 04:43:43 AM »
Eh... She answered Lea's summons on her behalf.  Now, Maeve was actively working against Winter when she shot Mac, so it's not quite the same thing, but it's not outrageously out there.

I just see her responding like "He chose to be there, and suffered the consequences".  Her connection to him is more than that.  It meant something.  If it had been Butters shot I don't think she'd have healed him.  She'd have made Dresden make a deal or something first.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2018, 02:37:47 PM »
Can Fae heal mortals that don't have connections to the Fae?
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?