Author Topic: Mordite wielding living dead  (Read 2560 times)

Offline Dragonsdai

• Participant
    • View Profile
Mordite wielding living dead
« on: September 01, 2018, 12:53:42 PM »
Can a undead being wield Mordite? Mechanically speaking. There isn't a ton available on it in the RPG other than it puts out death and absorbs magic, but not he to really to how to handle it. I know it mentions the duel as a battle of wills.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Mordite wielding living dead
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 03:58:12 PM »
Mordite can be handled mechanically in any number of different ways, and all the ways I can think of would work just fine for an undead being.

I'd be inclined to represent a chunk of mordite as an IoP weapon wielded with Discipline, with a high weapon rating and something similar to the All Creatures are Equal Before God power of the Swords of the Cross to let it punch through magical durability. You could totally give something like that to an undead character.

Offline Dragonsdai

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2018, 07:42:02 PM »
Excellent, I'm currently using Deathlord(from Exalted) in my game and a player wants to use it as a weapon.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2018, 08:18:44 PM »
You know, it's kind of funny how much cross-pollination there seems to be between Exalted and DFRPG specifically.

Maybe I just notice because those are the two RPG fandoms I'm in, but it really seems to me that DFRPG overlaps less with Shadowrun or Vampire or Apocalypse World or what have you. Even though some of those are a lot more similar to DFRPG than Exalted is.

Offline Dragonsdai

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2018, 08:53:56 PM »
I thought I recognized your name from there too.

Yeah, it's funny for me because I'm having Creation be were Faerie was, since Faerie is closed off, with Malfeas/Yozi being different Outsiders.  I'm throwing in a bunch of random things ( Mercy Thompson series, Rachel Morgan, House Immortal, Comarre series)