Author Topic: White Night Edition Issues?  (Read 3899 times)

Offline CallSmith

• Lurker
    • View Profile
White Night Edition Issues?
« on: August 08, 2018, 03:43:26 PM »
Hello all,

So I've been binge reading through the series and have gotten to White Night and I noticed some issues that I was wondering if others have found, and whether it might just be an issue with my edition of it.

The Issue: Ramirez gets called Rodriguez a LOT. The most egregious example is during the climatic fight scene.

For reference I bought my copy off of ebay, it's hard cover still has a "As seen on SciFi" sticker on the cover doesn't have any of the Dresden books passed it as being listed, and has the first three of the Codex Alera books listed but no other things published. Does anyone have the paperback version or a later edition and know if these things got fixed? Because I found another type of plot hole in it that I wonder whether that was adjusted either.

Thanks.

Offline count_espire

• Participant
  • "I put on my robe and wizard hat"
    • View Profile
Re: White Night Edition Issues?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2018, 05:00:49 PM »
Guessing it was a typo.  Sounds like someone mixed up Carlos and Susan during editing =)
Don't remember Susan being apart of that sequence.
Edmond Dantes:  Never forget that until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words, -- `Wait and hope.

Offline KipIngram

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: White Night Edition Issues?
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 11:48:11 AM »
I just did a search in my ebook copy of White Night.  "Rodriguez" appears four times.  One is clearly a reference to Susan ("Ms. Rodriquez" hasn't left South America).

One is a reference to "Rodriguez's shield" in the duel in the Deeps.  The other two are said by Molly when she's talking to Harry about things, and both are "Warden Rodriguez."

So clearly, in my mind, three of those are incorrect references to Ramirez, still present in my copy.

Guess the world, populated as it is with humans, is an imperfect place.