Author Topic: Who fixed Little Chicago?  (Read 12576 times)

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Who fixed Little Chicago?
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2018, 05:27:57 PM »
Magic is life and life evolves. Little Chicago fixed itself ;D
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline SerScot

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2018, 06:48:14 PM »
Magic is life and life evolves. Little Chicago fixed itself ;D

That's actually pretty creepy.  What else did it do "by itself" if that is the case?
"Maybe there will be a laundry emergency at the Carpenter house, and Harry shows up with detergent saying, 'I am Harry of the White Council. And I come back to you now at the turn of the TideTM.'" -  Vairelome 9/25/2011

Mab =/= Molly

Malcom =/= KotC

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2018, 07:15:43 PM »
The only person I think we have seen play with time at all has been Rashid.  Perhaps he either fixed it himself, or alerted Harry who fixed it but because of the consequences needed to have his memory wiped to avoid some sort of time paradox of seeing himself or something like that.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2018, 12:07:25 PM »
That's actually pretty creepy.  What else did it do "by itself" if that is the case?
Probably got tired of sitting in a dingy basement with a horny skull and a grumpy wizard, so it set on motion the firing, destruction, and subsequent building of a freaking castle by a much richer patron, and is now happily serving Marcone.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2018, 04:24:35 AM »
If this topic interests you there is an interesting post on Reddit.  Shows video of a model of New York at close to the scale of Little Chicago.  Covers the area of two basketball courts.  Harry's basement must have been tremendous!!!!! :D

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2018, 05:42:50 AM »
Perhaps someone else used Little Chicago for whatever reason?  They repaired it to avoid destroying themselves.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Avernite

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2018, 04:57:08 PM »
In one of the shorts Thomas mentions knowing about Little Chicago, and he also knows about Bob (so might be able to blindside him). Of course I have no idea how he would know what to do to fix it, but you know, why not?

Also he might be only the source for the actual fixer.

Offline apgrey

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2018, 12:24:59 AM »
  I still vote for Evil Bob!!!

APG

Offline magical_liopleurodon

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2020, 06:47:45 PM »
If Mab and Harry level with each other after BG, maybe we'll get an answer to this.....
.....maybe......

Offline ClintACK

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2020, 06:07:46 PM »
If this topic interests you there is an interesting post on Reddit.  Shows video of a model of New York at close to the scale of Little Chicago.  Covers the area of two basketball courts.  Harry's basement must have been tremendous!!!!! :D

Yeah... This was always a problem. Combined with the sheer scale of the project as described.

Rule of Cool, though. It's such a cool idea, it's worthy of a bit of suspension of disbelief.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2020, 07:41:14 PM »
Yeah... This was always a problem. Combined with the sheer scale of the project as described.

Rule of Cool, though. It's such a cool idea, it's worthy of a bit of suspension of disbelief.

I wouldn't be shocked if Marcone stepped forth with a fully functional Little Chicago to be used
as a topo map for stradagy in the fight against the Titan.. Upon which time, Vadderung will say he
fixed it because it is needed.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2020, 08:27:54 PM »
If Mab and Harry level with each other after BG, maybe we'll get an answer to this.....
.....maybe......
There is actually a WOJ on this, book 20 now book 21.