Author Topic: Who are minor Characters you want to see again  (Read 10895 times)

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Who are minor Characters you want to see again
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2018, 04:35:21 PM »
Might be interesting to see Molly confront her handiwork with Boyfriend Nelson, and try to use her Winter Lady mojo to fix what she screwed up.

I'm pretty sure trying to fix the damage to Nelson would be outside of what she can use any power from Winter for. Even summer and wyld need a deal before they can do much for a human, and winter is especially not into altruism. Remember how disturbed Harry was in GP at Lea healing his concussion because of what it meant about how thoroughly she had him over a barrel in terms of obligations?

I suppose she could take a shot at fixing him with her own personal reserves of power and what knowledge she's gained since messing him up, but it's been probably 6-8 years in universe since PG. With whatever the council could do to treat him and time to heal, he's probably either broken through what she did and relapsed, or stabilized to the point where further interference wouldn't serve his well-being. Besides which, interfering further would still be dangerous for Molly's own self-control.

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2018, 05:27:21 PM »
Yeah, I don't think it'll work either, for a host of reasons, not least of which because it would be a terrible idea to try. That's why I said it'd be interesting if she tried to do it. Both because she'd be frustrated at not being able to fix her old mistakes, and hurt because of what she'd done. This is assuming Boyfriend Nelson is still pretty insane.

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2018, 05:54:58 PM »
Molly could justify it to the fae part of her by arguing that Molly (not the Winter Lady) owes Nelson a debt to fix the damage she did against his will. 

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2018, 06:15:46 PM »
Eh, I think by now, Molly would realize that trying to "fix" things will only make things worse.

After all, she caused the situation by trying to "fix" things in the first place.
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2018, 06:18:57 PM »
Very possibly.  Of course, the Molly now is a lot different from the Molly of then.

Depending on various circumstances, the Molly of now may be a bad idea for repairing psychological damage, though for an entirely different reason than the Molly of then.

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2018, 11:17:24 PM »
Molly could justify it to the fae part of her by arguing that Molly (not the Winter Lady) owes Nelson a debt to fix the damage she did against his will.

Then Molly the individual can pay her personal debts without leaning on Winter power. The mantle is for debts to the office of Winter Lady.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2018, 07:27:29 AM »
Then Molly the individual can pay her personal debts without leaning on Winter power. The mantle is for debts to the office of Winter Lady.
Molly as a Sidhe feels a real obligation to protect her human family and acts accordingly. Lilly was in debt to Harry for things he did before she became summer lady. These debts carry over and the ladies can freely use their power to meet them.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline zetadog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2018, 09:28:33 AM »
Evelyn Derek. Fitz. Mike the Mechanic.

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2018, 05:09:02 PM »
Since I've been commuting for the past year and have listened to every podcast I've ever wanted to multiple times, I decided to buy the Dresden Files audiobooks to make the several hours in traffic more enjoyable. I'd been meaning to do a full reread anyway, and thought I might like to listen instead for a change. I tend to pick things up differently when listening rather than reading. (For the record, James Marsters was great from the start, but he really stepped it up in Grave Peril (and someone also appears to have given him a note on how "writhe" is pronounced, for which I am grateful); his Agatha Hagglethorn was excellent.)

Anyway, I noticed that Jim went as far as naming the baby Harry saves in the opening sequence—Allison Ann (or Anne; I was listening, not reading) Summers. In-universe, it's been, what, twelve, fifteen years since then? I assume Baby Allison is now Teen/Tween Allison, and it might be interesting if she pops up again, even if it's just to give Harry an emotional shot in the arm.

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2018, 02:05:58 PM »
(and someone also appears to have given him a note on how "writhe" is pronounced, for which I am grateful)
Never mind.

Wizard Sibelis

« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2018, 02:53:29 PM »
Allison Ann Summers, Like Allison Hannigan and Buff Ann Summers.. :D
No idea on the Anne, Ann distinction off top of my head.

Offline Just Al

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2018, 07:00:33 PM »
Tilly, now as a member of the Special Collections unit of the Library of Congress (the Loup Garou tape et.al.)