Author Topic: Who are minor Characters you want to see again  (Read 10780 times)

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
Re: Who are minor Characters you want to see again
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2018, 04:27:35 PM »
Harry got ti Nevada lickty split how much harder would a crossroads like LA be?  As for trust I see your point but he works with her on the Paranet which has sensitive information and he does seem to trust her to some degree.
Harry might be able to get there quick, but there are always risks in moving through the Nevernever and Southern California, being as close as it is to Mexico, might be a place the Red Court are keeping an eye on as a matter of course. And that's assuming Elaine is even in LA at that time -- she's a wizard too, who knows where she might be or what she might be doing.

Harry's under a time crunch, so a side-trip to LA that might be nothing more than a fruitless delay is not what he's looking for.

Looking at the allies he does gather, everyone he does go to for aid is already a part of his daily life (Thomas, Molly, Murphy, Mouse), is based in Chicago (Marcone), started the whole mess (Susan and Martin) or literally had God reroute them to be there (Sanya). It was less about him gathering allies and more him grabbing whomever happened to be around. Honestly, his brain's so scrambled with worry over Maggie for most of it he probably kinda forgot there were other people to call if they weren't at the forefront of his mind.

The exceptions, of course, being Lea (who Harry could summon instantly) and Ebenezer (who Harry had had a pre-arranged meeting with that all this business interrupted).

And I'd venture to say Harry ain't exactly putting Maggie's existence on the Paranet. That's a more detached level of, "I trust you to help this bunch of largely anonymous people," that doesn't reach nearly as deep as, "I trust you to do this secret, super personal thing with me."
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline Carl

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2018, 05:38:37 PM »
Harry might be able to get there quick, but there are always risks in moving through the Nevernever and Southern California, being as close as it is to Mexico, might be a place the Red Court are keeping an eye on as a matter of course. And that's assuming Elaine is even in LA at that time -- she's a wizard too, who knows where she might be or what she might be doing.

Harry's under a time crunch, so a side-trip to LA that might be nothing more than a fruitless delay is not what he's looking for.

Looking at the allies he does gather, everyone he does go to for aid is already a part of his daily life (Thomas, Molly, Murphy, Mouse), is based in Chicago (Marcone), started the whole mess (Susan and Martin) or literally had God reroute them to be there (Sanya). It was less about him gathering allies and more him grabbing whomever happened to be around. Honestly, his brain's so scrambled with worry over Maggie for most of it he probably kinda forgot there were other people to call if they weren't at the forefront of his mind.

The exceptions, of course, being Lea (who Harry could summon instantly) and Ebenezer (who Harry had had a pre-arranged meeting with that all this business interrupted).

And I'd venture to say Harry ain't exactly putting Maggie's existence on the Paranet. That's a more detached level of, "I trust you to help this bunch of largely anonymous people," that doesn't reach nearly as deep as, "I trust you to do this secret, super personal thing with me."

Personally i think Harry would trust Elaine, but at the same time as you said harry had a lot on his plate and things were really mental. He just didn't really have the opportunity to even consider calling her in. It's the same deal with a few other potential allies. He probably would have trusted them with the info, but he wouldn't have been able to get them there in time and was abbit out of it mentally to think to call them.
Possibly Ivy and Molly's biggest fan, i'm too chivalrous and kind for my own damm good. A bit like a certain Wizard we all know :).

Molly should get this shirt.

Offline SerScot

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2018, 06:54:04 PM »
I hope we get to see what has become of Mort.
"Maybe there will be a laundry emergency at the Carpenter house, and Harry shows up with detergent saying, 'I am Harry of the White Council. And I come back to you now at the turn of the TideTM.'" -  Vairelome 9/25/2011

Mab =/= Molly

Malcom =/= KotC

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2018, 08:59:13 PM »
I really wonder why Harry didn't try to get Elaine to come to CI.  She would have been a huge help.  I've thought about Carlos, but clearly he was already otherwise occupied.  But not seeking Elaine's help has always puzzled me.  She would have been able to stand in for Molly had Molly stayed behind to "man the phones" as she should have.
Maybe subconscious Harry stopped Harry because.....dum, dum, Dum; He suspects Elaine is Kumori!
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2018, 11:32:18 PM »
Tilly. Warden Chandler. Maybe Rudolph or Larry Fowler - I'd like to see Harry deal with a minor nuisance by making a few inches of frost grow off the walls.

Offline Ananda

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2018, 01:49:30 AM »
Half that list are major antagonists, not minor characters.
Great feedback, thanks!
The only one I see as possibly a major character is Mavra. I’m viewing it from the entire arc of the series, not by book.

The way I see them is:
Deirdre- an accessory to Nicodemus like a handbag that matches Nic’s shoes. Her entire usage has been to further Nic’s story.
Tessa- a sort of side plot for Nic to add conflict and tension to his story.
Naagloshii- a one time side plot to make you oo and ah a little and laugh when he eats finger food at the white court house. He’s not the borg, but someone Janeway fought in one episode on her way to the borg base. For the book, he may not be minor, but, for the series, he definitely is to this point. He wasn’t even the A plot in the book he was in.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2018, 05:34:13 AM »
I'd like to see the mail man from the very first book.  He was kind of a jerk.  Would be funny if he was in just a small scene where he has the realization that Harry is in fact a real wizard.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2018, 01:23:26 PM »
Tilly. Warden Chandler. Maybe Rudolph or Larry Fowler - I'd like to see Harry deal with a minor nuisance by making a few inches of frost grow off the walls.
I wanna see Rudy in a looney bin with Harry taking a few moments to mess with him. But, that is the sadist in me.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2018, 02:16:37 PM »
I wanna see Rudy in a looney bin with Harry taking a few moments to mess with him. But, that is the sadist in me.
Id be open to a mild redemption arc where Harry turns a corner and discovers that he finally had the CranioRectal Extraction procedure and is now volunteering at the BFS, doing something entirely non-threatening like Day-care.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2018, 08:06:37 PM »
In Mirror Mirror there are all kinds of wonderful things that can happen when it comes to returning characters.  Crossing fingers Jim really tries to have some fun with that one.  Especially bad Harry.  We can finally see a Dresden that gets the women he desires, and can really let go in the ass kicking department without needing the "nerf stick" which Jim needs to keep Harry from being too powerful.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2018, 07:02:35 AM »
Id be open to a mild redemption arc where Harry turns a corner and discovers that he finally had the CranioRectal Extraction procedure and is now volunteering at the BFS, doing something entirely non-threatening like Day-care.
Hah. CranioRectal extration. :D :D :D
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline SerScot

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2018, 04:43:41 PM »
I want to know how Sarrisa is getting on as Summer Lady and if her blood relation to Titania means she better treated than Lily.  Also what happened to Fix.
"Maybe there will be a laundry emergency at the Carpenter house, and Harry shows up with detergent saying, 'I am Harry of the White Council. And I come back to you now at the turn of the TideTM.'" -  Vairelome 9/25/2011

Mab =/= Molly

Malcom =/= KotC

Offline Carl

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2018, 10:00:17 PM »
I want to know how Sarrisa is getting on as Summer Lady and if her blood relation to Titania means she better treated than Lily.  Also what happened to Fix.

Ehhh from what JB said in past WoJ and what Titania had to say to Harry in Cold Days i suspect that Titannia isn't helping much of anyone. I'd bet Eldest Gruff has largely been keeping things running recently. Hell Mab probably knows what the Summer Ladies job is herself and might well be pitching in to help in her own way. Mab may be Mab, but she loves her daughters despite that.
Possibly Ivy and Molly's biggest fan, i'm too chivalrous and kind for my own damm good. A bit like a certain Wizard we all know :).

Molly should get this shirt.

Offline SerScot

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2018, 01:34:08 PM »
Ehhh from what JB said in past WoJ and what Titania had to say to Harry in Cold Days i suspect that Titannia isn't helping much of anyone. I'd bet Eldest Gruff has largely been keeping things running recently. Hell Mab probably knows what the Summer Ladies job is herself and might well be pitching in to help in her own way. Mab may be Mab, but she loves her daughters despite that.

Well that certainly sounds like a “balance” problem.

Mab =/= Molly

Malcom =/= KotC

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2018, 03:55:31 PM »
Tilly. Tilly, Tilly, Tilly. He's too good an opportunity to leave behind forever (a decent man who is connected to federal law enforcement, who has a touch of the supernatural, and who is confronted with the reality of monsters and doesn't crumple under pressure). I suspect he'll have a presence in Peace Talks, or I hope so, anyway.

I've been missing Tera West. I want her to come back and check on the Alphas after all the Fomor nonsense.

Not in Peace Talks (too soon), but in the future, I want to see what became of Jordan. Ditto Fitz and Zero. I'd actually get behind Fitz and Zero interning for Nick Angel, but that's a little much.

Might be interesting to see Molly confront her handiwork with Boyfriend Nelson, and try to use her Winter Lady mojo to fix what she screwed up.

I'll also echo Mr. Death's wish to see Lydia again. Cassandra's Tears is sort of the ultimate low-hanging fruit of plot devices, if nothing else, and I always thought it was odd that we never heard ANYTHING about her, especially now that the Paranet is a thing.

I'd also like to see Wild Bill break things with Texan aplomb.