Author Topic: Dog Men  (Read 15249 times)

Offline Warbird

• Participant
    • View Profile
Dog Men
« on: July 07, 2018, 09:11:49 PM »
So I finally got around to reading through my compilation of this series and man it was bad.  Dialog that didn't match the art, there's one page of dialog that was seemingly in response to something that was never said.  The fed's clothing changes between the end of the first issue and the beginning of the next.

Also Harry Dresden was seemingly very out of characters.  He's so full of rage but the story provides nothing to explain why he has so much rage (to the point of almost beating the crap out of some kid who ran in front of Dresden's car).   

Finally, it seemed inappropriate that Dresden keeps calling the Wolf People Dog Men even though Listen-to-Winds made it clear they were called Wolf People.  Dog Men was just used as a possible description by one of the people who saw the attack. 

I liked the other comics that have been produced but after this one I think I may be done with the comic version of Dresden.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 09:16:47 PM by Warbird »

Offline Tami Seven

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Dog Men
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 09:37:58 PM »
I agree it is probably the worst of the series. Still hoping that the next one is better. I suspect that Jim Butcher had less of a role in the making of Dog Men than he has had in the past with other comic stories. If so, that could explain why it came out so poorly.
War Cry -
"Thomas doesn't fight back, not even for an instant. In the end, it's not common sense that pulls me back from the brink, or even fear of being devoured by the Shoggoth....It's the look of unshakeable trust in my Brother's eyes, even as my hands tighten around his throat."