Author Topic: Dresden and Mab's Future  (Read 4929 times)

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Dresden and Mab's Future
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2018, 11:55:31 PM »
This is just a guess, but I think Harry will receive one, maybe two more power-up's.  One will be him learning how to use his Starborn ability.  The other I don't know...  Perhaps sacrificing his eye for something.
I think another power-up comes when he is summoned to alternative reality and comes back with knowledge or item that should not available in his reality.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2018, 04:00:40 AM »
I think another power-up comes when he is summoned to alternative reality and comes back with knowledge or item that should not available in his reality.

I had a theory a while back that what would happen is he'd actually do a body swap with the other Dresden.  The Knight Mantle would stay with him, as would the soulfire but he'd also gain a power up that he wouldn't ordinarily have if not for the dark path the other Dresden took.  That would also mean that he'd be wearing an eye patch, and his body wouldn't have been beaten up so bad.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2018, 08:04:47 PM »
This is a post on Reddit, not my own theory.  I ran across it and found it very interesting. It basically says that Harry has fulfilled one of the conditions of becoming Mab by giving birth to Bonnie.
Sooo....we know from Cold Case that at least the Winter Lady's mantle stops from getting pregnant, because she has to remain a Maiden to be the Lady. If she became a mother, she would be the Queen. We also know that the Queens' mantles can transfer to someone holding the Knight's mantle if another Queen isn't around to grab it. We ALSO know that Mab was mortal once ("I was mortal once."), so the Queen's mantle can transfer to a mortal.
Given Dresden's ongoing rant about preserving his agency I'm having a hard time understanding why he wouldn't go out of his way to avoid becoming the Winter Queen.  She has no free will.  I thought Butcher had been explicit on this point.

I had assumed that he might lose the Knight's Mantle  when Mab is killed at some point.  But that is just me guessing.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2018, 08:26:04 PM »
I don't think they lose their soul instantly.  And there probably is degrees of free will.  Anyway, I think Harry will end up something that is heavily restricted in using his 'free will' due to his power level.
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html