Author Topic: Transcript for 2018 Jim Butcher Tyson's Corner signing  (Read 10609 times)

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Transcript for 2018 Jim Butcher Tyson's Corner signing
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2018, 01:31:02 PM »
You got a new name. 

And yes, he just riffed your theory man.

Oh, lord.  So people can have Harry is Vadderung theory, but I can't have Mab is Murphy theory.

IMO the only major difference is that the Former doesn't have 12+ Threads and Countless Derails devoted to it.

People wouldn't rag on about that theory so much if you could go longer then three posts in a row without mentioning it.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2018, 09:10:55 PM »
Oh, I'm not so concerned about the 'raggin' on about it'.

It isn't my fault the theory has so much potential.  Jim is building Murphy up for something.  Mab is something. Harry is in love with Murphy.  We will have time travel.  People wear masks.  ETC.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 09:12:38 PM by raidem »
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2018, 09:31:26 PM »
Jim is building Murphy up for something.
A corpse? 
I'd say if Murphy survived, her prefered role would be like a general, organizing the paranet and training the newbies  while taking a minimal role in the actual fighting. She is a good detective, and has proven in ghost story and aftermath her ability to lead.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2018, 11:28:28 PM »
Oh, I'm not so concerned about the 'raggin' on about it'.

It isn't my fault the theory has so much potential.  Jim is building Murphy up for something.  Mab is something. Harry is in love with Murphy.  We will have time travel.  People wear masks.  ETC.
None of that points to Murphy being Mab.

Certainly not enough to bring it up in every thread that mentions Murphy.

Seriously -- from a cursory glance at your threads, the "evidence" you present is at best tangential and coincidental. You once made links based on things like multiple characters ending a sentence with "you know," which is a verbal tic shared by basically everyone who speaks the English language. You might as well have tried to link characters based on usage of the phase "I am."

The issue isn't that you've stumbled onto some incontrovertible secret that we're all too scared to admit is true. It's that you try and shove the theory into every possible thread no matter how little it applies to the discussion.
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2018, 12:11:52 AM »
So sue me.

I believe that Murphy=Mab at some point in past, present, future, and/or alternate reality.  I apply that theory and the implications of it to other things I come across. And, I am consistent.

I will apply it to threads where I think the idea needs to be explored more, a hole to fill, etc.  The same logic I purse to support Murphy=Mab also touches on 'real facts' like Mab's background, rules on Mantle succession, restraints on Lady re sex in past, whether Mab's mantle changes a persons appearance to be Mab rather than their own.

Without having some placeholder proposition to be used as an exploratory vehicle, it is rather more difficult to put the pieces together and view these nuts and bolts that are off to the side in the Dresdenverse.  So, with my view even when wrong, it allows another individual to be placed in the Mab=X spot, and much of the spin offs to my central argument remains valid.  I've also used the same theory to explore time travel, and alternate realities within DF based off of a speculative Mab=Murphy event.  There isn't many comprehensive theories out there that can do as much as my WAG can.

It's that you try and shove the theory into every possible thread no matter how little it applies to the discussion.

How do you know it doesn't apply to the discussion. If Mab=Murphy, then many of the things you see as being irrelevant is no longer. It is actually highly relevant. It depends on whether the theory is true or not, which is why I put my 2 cents in and apply the theory to that particular topic.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 12:35:33 AM by raidem »

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2018, 02:27:30 AM »
Yes, you fanatically believe your own WAG. We're all already aware of this.

That doesn't make it true. That also doesn't mean everybody wants to hear about it constantly. Discussion in the last couple threads you tried to cram it into suggests the opposite, in fact.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 02:45:58 AM by Mr. Death »

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2018, 12:37:10 PM »
Of course it doesn't make it true.

I never said it does.  It is a WAG and I apply it.  So that I can explore the theory.

I don't just say Mab=Murphy without having some tie in into the discussion, or some tangential link.  Actually, Thank you for noticing.  I have a Psychiatric condition where my speech is tangential.  It is how I think.  And my neurologist said I have a brain type where some would go on to cure cancer.  A type of brain that has to ask why where other people just goes on and accepts something.  My diagnosis so far dissociative disorder, bipolar disorder w/psychosis.  So I appreciate the fact that you have recognized some traits of creativity (or at least bipolar disorder) in motion.  OCD was also diagnosed at one time, so my obsession with Mab=Murphy is most likely part of it too.  But more broadly, I have obsessions with DF, computer games, news, and exercise but each at different times.  It takes different turns usually.  I have a spell where I just play computer games.  Then mainly read DF or I am on this Forum.  Then, times where I just basically watch CNN.  And now, I'm going to the gym, swimming but I'm on the Forum too.

I also have to take many medications to simply remain functional.

Actually, reading through my recent posts where I put forward WOJ's, etc that can be construed as being supportive of Mab=Murphy, I think you don't want to see more evidence in case Murphy ends up being Mab.  So, you can be surprised and say oh there is this evidence via WOJ or text that supported it.  And somebody already pointed it out.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 12:56:20 PM by raidem »

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2018, 12:59:23 PM »
And before you go on and Argue I place Mab=Murphy in 'every' thread, let me see the threads I haven't even touched w/ Mab=Murphy.

Topics:
 Is Michael more than he appears?  (Read 93 times)
What's Odin's stake in things?
Could the Blackstaff Cure a Warlock of Corruption?
Walker enslaving a Denarian, other ideas
Who is the guy with an English accent in the cell at Demonreach?
 Harry's next power up
Gateway to hell....
Saw this pic/quote and it reminded me of Harry
Jim in VA 6-28-18
 Newly Posted Q&A
Are there more wizards like Elaine?
Think Eb's last name was random?
Sudden wild theory
Could Saint Patrick still be running around?
Mac as a extraDF character
We have a problem.
Mouse, Maggie, Cold Days
Summoning Molly
Monster LLC: Goodman Grey a Venator?
The 5 gods of Lovecraft 
Magical Resilience to Medical Malady
Assuming Nicodemus got the Coin out.....
Was Nemesis in Storm Front?
Fistful of Warlocks -- Law Notes
 I don’t think Justin was Kemmler
Are the Old Ones also locked out?
Black Cat Investigator
 Zoo Day spoilers
Jim Q and A in VA 6-9-18
Jim Butcher Lexington, KY 6-7-18
SPOILERS: Book 18 title announced at Lexington book signing
Jim Q and A Okemos, MI 6-10-18
Anyone else really enjoy Maggie's perspective in Zoo Day?
Best question answer at the Virginia book signing
Jim Butcher @ Book People, Austin, Tx

So, when I'm on 35/44 has absolutely no mention of Mab=Murphy. That is 80% of the threads of the first page, no mention. And in those threads most are very brief.  Only in a few does it go into more detail.  And, I often go into hibernation where I don't generate much at all on the Forum.

On page 2, between 5-6 threads had Mab=Murphy stated in some way out of 50 threads for a 10-12% mention rate.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 01:57:30 PM by raidem »

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2018, 01:52:37 PM »
I said "every possible thread."

Referring to every thread about Murphy, not every single thread anyone has ever posted. That should have been obvious.

What are the titles of the nine threads just on the front page that you've pushed the theory in, out of curiosity?

Actually, reading through my recent posts where I put forward WOJ's, etc that can be construed as being supportive of Mab=Murphy, I think you don't want to see more evidence in case Murphy ends up being Mab.  So, you can be surprised and say oh there is this evidence via WOJ or text that supported it.  And somebody already pointed it out.
I have absolutely no interest in Mab being Murphy. That's kind of the whole issue here. When I see a theory that I can believe, I say so in the thread and offer my own support. I don't try to discredit it so I can, what, "take credit" later? I'm really not that childish.

You have a WAG and you bring it up often enough that people are annoyed with it. That's really the start and end of the whole issue.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2018, 01:58:37 PM »
No. Every possible thread is all threads.  I mean, if I was being a dick I could mention Mab=Murphy in everything. So, that means I'm not being a dick.  I understand though it is annoying some so I'll try to not mention Mab=Murphy and instead just state things without mentioning it.  I'll allow the circumstantial evidence to speak for itself.

What are the titles of the nine threads just on the front page that you've pushed the theory in, out of curiosity?
Transcript for 2018 Jim Butcher Tyson's Corner signing
WAG.... Murphy has moved on
Juxtaposition, Who fixed LC?
MOVED: Mab/Murphy Ironies
Dresden and Mab's Future
Zoo Day Spoilers Are the gods watching over Dresden?
Fist full of Warlocks spoilers Possible clue about Cowl?
Murphy Mantle Madness

I'm missing one on first look I think, but one was just a vague reference not exactly out right Mab=Murphy statement.  And one of the threads, I had unlocked so I could move it to the reference collection as it contained much of the circumstantial evidence that could be used as foreshadowing, coincidence, and/or irony.

And 5 of the 8 listed topics on the first page was created by me.  So, if you are wanting to avoid my Mab=Murphy theories simply stay away from my threads.  You will reduce your exposure to my theory, speculation on it, and the circumstantial evidence supported by me by more than half.  And it is likely even more than that since my threads are likely to contain much more Mab=Murphy references than just vague references or slight mentions.

And on the 2nd page, 2 of the 5 threads that has a mention somewhere in the thread are again created by me.  And you can nearly halve exposure to even a passing reference to the theory by again avoiding my threads.
Snoopy, Loup Garou, and Mouse
Started by raidem « 1 2 3 4 »
Is Mac God?
Started by raidem « 1 2 3 4 »

« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 02:25:44 PM by raidem »

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2018, 02:29:31 PM »
Here is the deal. I'll try not to make a direct Mab=Murphy statement in any other thread other than a thread of my own creation.  However, I may post circumstantial evidence and explore the theory but with the Mab identity being an unknown and with her identity possibly being tied up in a time travel plot.  I may also explore Murphy accompanying Harry in a time travel plot, but must not equate her to Mab specifically.  In this way, a generic theory can be created and explored without fixating on one exact specified WAG.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 02:35:02 PM by raidem »

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2018, 02:48:02 PM »
Here's the thing. I do for the most part avoid your threads, and it's enough for me to notice the pattern anyway.

I mean, look at other WAGs. Does any other WAG have multiple separate threads about it, all from the same person, just on the front page? In addition to a dozen other threads on previous pages?

I'm not looking to draw up a contract here. You asked why people ragged on you for your theory while they didn't rag on others, and there's the answer: You post it to the point of obsession. Just reel it in some and recognize that not everybody wants to see it all the time.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2018, 03:23:13 PM »
You asked why people ragged on you for your theory while they didn't rag on others, and there's the answer: You post it to the point of obsession.

Actually when I posted that, I was considering writing instead that I can see how easily one can have current people as current mask holders.  And I could see how it would get overwhelming.  That said, Jim has sort of set himself up for these types of theories with mantles where they can hide the identies of others, coupled with the fact that time travel exists, in addition to the fact that travel between alternate realities exist.  And it becomes very difficult to disprove these theories.  Therefore, the theories exist.  Even the ones I don't find palatable that work off some of the same principles as my own.

Instead of saying all that, I erred in saying what I did.  I realize why people rag on the theory.  I get it.  I talk about the theory often.  I understand.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2018, 03:55:40 PM »
I must mention here that both Mab and Murphy are cat persons....
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2018, 06:45:54 PM »
All the proof I need right there.