Author Topic: It's a Weird world  (Read 138695 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: It's a Weird world
« Reply #480 on: August 28, 2018, 11:49:51 PM »
LOL!
Well, I don't even have a backyard or something, but I am sure I could convince a cousin to make a bbq for us on their home. I would pay for the food itself. So if any of you finds the way to arrive here, I wiil found the way to make you enjoy a bbq.

But seriously, I don't know about Egyptians, but I've seen how USA people like to cook their meat and it's raw! Most Argentinians like the bbq in a  well done point. And some, like me, like it as cooked as possible, only a hair before becoming carbon  :)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Gilitine_Memitim

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: August 28, 2018, 11:56:18 PM »
I don't really like BBQ too much, but one shouldn't cook steak for too long. Ruins the flavor. O:)

Offline Ren

• Seriously?
  • AKA: Renmonster The Horgymeister
    • View Profile
    • The Forbidden Dojo 3-D Art
« Reply #482 on: August 29, 2018, 12:18:54 AM »
I mean I MIGHT be able to afford a one-way ticket but then you run the risk of me camping out on your couch forever...or spare bedroom, whatever you have...hrmmm that could work, wonder how expensive it is to ship books to Argentina...8D
"Brain Makes My Math Hurt" - me

"Eeyore is my Totem Animal" - me

"Pants are overrated!" - me

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #483 on: August 29, 2018, 02:27:52 AM »
I don't really like BBQ too much, but one shouldn't cook steak for too long. Ruins the flavor. O:)
Nonsense. I mean, lots of people says that, but I don't care at all.

I mean I MIGHT be able to afford a one-way ticket but then you run the risk of me camping out on your couch forever...or spare bedroom, whatever you have...hrmmm that could work, wonder how expensive it is to ship books to Argentina...8D
Sorry, my spare bedroom is crowded. But we will manage to find you a cheap room to rent :-)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: August 29, 2018, 05:33:35 AM »
Heh, no, we like it well done here. But personally I don't mind a bit of blood. So if any piece didn't cook enough, I do everyone a favor and mop it up :D
Don't know about carbon grade bbq though, I'll pretty much eat anything, but I doubt I'd enjoy it.
One thing, I've seen Americans and some Brazilians cooking their bbq ribs in one piece, do you do that too? Here we separate them first. Makes for a faster and better cooking.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Ren

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: August 29, 2018, 03:32:31 PM »
WELL DONE??? Get OUT you meat-heathen!
...kidding, I'm not super-picky about rarity. I don't like bloody rare but more of a medium rare.
At least for thicker steaks. For thinner steaks it just cooks until its Delicious.

There are seriously SO many different varieties of BBQ in the states it's kinda silly.
I kinda want to do one of those TV shows where I travel around eating delicious food and commenting on it and its origins, but focus it only on BBQ and hit every hole-in-the-walll BBQ place I can find in the US...be at least twenty years of show material there...8D

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #486 on: August 29, 2018, 11:19:37 PM »
Hello everyone
Not all Argentinians like their BBQ as cooked as myself. I am pretty sure you would find something you like here. And yes, ribs go in one piece, no idea why. I don't do BBQ, I just eat it
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: August 30, 2018, 11:24:32 AM »
Probably basic laziness :D

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #488 on: August 30, 2018, 02:28:46 PM »
I don't think so. Some people here is very proud of their BBQ skills. They put some effort in it
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: August 30, 2018, 05:34:13 PM »
Yes, and making the job easier is one of these skills. If it takes too much effort then who knows.
Having the ribs in one piece takes less effort in separating the ribs, and turning them individually over the fire. On the other side, it will take much longer to marinate the meat and to cook it.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #490 on: August 30, 2018, 07:23:19 PM »
That is good. You can't hurry bbq
Missing you, Md 

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: August 30, 2018, 11:26:32 PM »
Good maen, y'all! Hope all is well. Life has gotten in the way of rec time.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #492 on: August 30, 2018, 11:40:55 PM »
Rec time?
Missing you, Md 

Offline Ren

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: August 31, 2018, 03:15:07 PM »
Recreation Time.

Ironically though I live in Texas the best BBQ I've ever eaten was at a Tennesse-style joint
in Las Vegas. Granted it was run by a 3 time World BBQ Champion but still it was DAMN good...
just wish I could recall the name of the place...8P

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
  • Screw your courage to the sticking place...
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: August 31, 2018, 09:42:02 PM »
...it was a Madden tournament.  Not exactly a game that is high on the violent game lists.  It's a horrible thing that happened, but I doubt we can blame it on a virtual simulation of a popular sports game.   ::)

*pokes Otlan*  Dina said you wrote a story!  :O  Would you mind if I read it?  *wagwagwagwagwagwag*

*Rises up like Lazours* Hey Ala n_n . Sure, if you want. The more eyes I get on it the more mistakes I can find and Fix n_n . I will warn you now though, it's full of Gramical and Spelling errors and Di-Di already found a mistake toward the end, I was on a bit of a time crunch when I wrote this thing. If you still want to read it though, just shoot me a PM with your E-mail and I'll send it to you n_n .

As for the shooting in Florida, that's a horrible thing -_- . From what I read, the gunman killed two people and wounded nine others before killing himself. According to one witness, there wasn't any security at the event. Sadly though, I don't think it's going to matter that this was a sports ga e or not, there will still be outcries that video games make people violent, despite the fact that people were violent long before video games came along -_- .
Rest Well Mdodd, and Please Watch over Us...

Relinquo spes totus ye quisnam penetro hic...

Strong like bull, smart like tractor, smooth like brick - smell like goat!