Author Topic: Zoo Day Spoilers Are the gods watching over Dresden?  (Read 7042 times)

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
Re: Zoo Day Spoilers Are the gods watching over Dresden?
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2018, 04:04:31 PM »
If you think being under the eye of a deity of Luck means nothing but good luck, then Wizzard Rincewind would like a word with you.
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline magnuskn

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2018, 05:00:00 PM »
Well, Odin himself said that powerful beings had taken notice of Harry's existance after his return from the dead.

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2018, 07:18:49 PM »
lol Him surviving things he should not have survived, and defeated things he should not have defeated?  Seems pretty lucky to me!  Harry has had plenty of chances to get with beautiful women, he made decisions that kept him from those women.  He could have been rich by working for Marcone, he chose not to do that.  Luck has been there, Harry has chosen not to go after those materialistic or lustful things.
He's an idiot. -.- I actually banged my head on the wall, several times, and NOT gently when he turned down Jenny AND Maeve..
Hell, just say yes, and wear a freaking condom. Would be nice to sucker punch the faeries on their own word play. Among other things.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2018, 07:21:40 PM »
He's an idiot. -.- I actually banged my head on the wall, several times, and NOT gently when he turned down Jenny AND Maeve..
Hell, just say yes, and wear a freaking condom. Would be nice to sucker punch the faeries on their own word play. Among other things.

Well we did find out what would have happened if he'd had sex with Maeve.....  Jenny on the other hand should have been fun! lol
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2018, 07:23:28 PM »
Well we did find out what would have happened if he'd had sex with Maeve.....  Jenny on the other hand should have been fun! lol
Maeve was probably nemfected by then and free to do whatever she wants.
Still, he could've had sex with Maeve, just not intercourse. Plenty of ways to get creative there :D
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2018, 08:12:47 PM »
OK, actually getting one of them pregnant is really not the only thing wrong with the scenario.

It's a way for them to get him into a deal, first and foremost. You know the saying, "Don't stick it in crazy"? Well, that goes triple for Fae. A few minutes' pleasure is not worth the hell they'll make your life once they get their hooks into you.

Winter seals deals with kisses and sex. Just putting on a condom would've done nothing to stop them from using the deal with Harry in all kinds of ways.
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2018, 08:14:48 PM »
OK, actually getting one of them pregnant is really not the only thing wrong with the scenario.

It's a way for them to get him into a deal, first and foremost. You know the saying, "Don't stick it in crazy"? Well, that goes triple for Fae. A few minutes' pleasure is not worth the hell they'll make your life once they get their hooks into you.

Winter seals deals with kisses and sex. Just putting on a condom would've done nothing to stop them from using the deal with Harry in all kinds of ways.

Odin found a way to have his cake, and eat it to.....  Dresden needs to get his advice lol.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2018, 08:50:53 PM »
With your firstborn in their tender care....

That can go wrong in so many ways.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2018, 08:54:47 PM »
an enquiry on that though... what if it had been as part of a deal like that, would the lady's mantle allow itself to be unbalanced by debt from a different mechanism in the mantle? It would be pitting it's own instincts against it's design.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline RobReece

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2018, 10:25:23 PM »
After Cold Case, we know what a bad idea it would have been for Harry to indulge with Maeve, but what makes you think that he would have survived tumbling with Jenny either... wasn't she most like the sirens that take their lovers beneath the water and drown them as part of the festivities? 

as for the OP, I agree with peregrine, many of these Deities and deities are watching Harry, even Hades, but like Uriel, they are just setting the opportunities in place for Harry to take advantage of, it's still up to him to make the right decisions.  Well, so much for that idea...lol

Offline Paviel

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2018, 01:07:15 PM »
Uriel, at least, doesn't interfere directly with Harry because he can't.

Well, except for that one time that Lasciel cheated in Ghost Story. And that one time that Michael volunteered to help Harry in Skin Game.

It probably comes down to the fact that those who have greater power have greater limitations on how and when they can use that power. (e.g. Don't interfere with the free will of vanilla mortals.)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 01:11:19 PM by Paviel »

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2018, 02:20:54 PM »
That does not mean he can not influence things. He clearly does otherwise Mab wouldn’t have liked his style.

SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2018, 11:28:18 AM »
That does not mean he can not influence things. He clearly does otherwise Mab wouldn’t have liked his style.

Offline Paviel

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2018, 04:46:35 PM »
Of course he can interfere indirectly (i.e. influence things), and he takes advantage of every opportunity he gets to do so.

My point is that Uriel couldn't have taken such an active role in Harry's life without TWG's approval, so clearly TWG is watching over Harry too.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2018, 06:53:41 PM »
Of course he can interfere indirectly (i.e. influence things), and he takes advantage of every opportunity he gets to do so.

My point is that Uriel couldn't have taken such an active role in Harry's life without TWG's approval, so clearly TWG is watching over Harry too.
Of course Mister is watching him.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 09:26:49 PM by Arjan »
SH[Elaine+++]